UF Releases Treon Harris report, Gville Sun goes for sensationalism instead of ethics

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just read the synopsis in the article. Not the documents in it. I didn't get a sense that WUFTV was implying anything.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
GatorJ;n88611 said:
I just read the synopsis in the article. Not the documents in it. I didn't get a sense that WUFTV was implying anything.

I did not get that from the wuft article either but I did get that from the sun.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Let me clarify, I have posted 2 pieces of info, not 2 links to the same info.

The lack of ethics , imo, is from the Sun printing selected section of cell phonetexting with an out of context statement by treon that can easily be taken as a threat to keep quiet about rape if one does not get more info which the Sun conveniently did not provide. click click click FSU loves this.

. The first link is UF's investigation report with embedding of the initial call report , the UFPD report, and report of UFPD questioning of Harris.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n88598 said:
So glad this forum is not connected to that type of ethics in any way now.
Was that a veiled swipe at me?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88666 said:

We all know better than to test your ban hammer!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88666 said:

No, but it could have been a veiled compliment. :lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Par for the course with the Sun

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n88696]

No, but it could have been a veiled compliment. :lol: [/QUOTE]

That's what I interpreted it to be.

Ox's ego aside, I can't believe the Sun printed only this part of the story. That's even worse than I imagined they'd stoop. I'm at an all time low with them. Who the hell is Arek Sarkissian and who the hell is the editor that let this get published?

G

GatorboyinTN

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this was about Treon farting in the cafeteria. I could be wrong though.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are facing the possibility that your quarterback. the player you prayed to come rescue your offense, is a big a lowlife as Jameis Winston, the quarterback of Florida State accused of rape. Many here scornfully refer to him the rapist that won the Heisman Trophy. The fans of the University of Florida and Florida State need to ask themselves this question. In the name of winning football games how far are you prepared to go by pretending your favorite son is not guilty o behavior so reprehensible he should be kicked off the team permanently? Its a matter of your integrity and morality. When all is said and done do you stand for justice or winning the National Championship?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n88741 said:
You are facing the possibility that your quarterback. the player you prayed to come rescue your offense, is a big a lowlife as Jameis Winston, the quarterback of Florida State accused of rape. Many here scornfully refer to him the rapist that won the Heisman Trophy. The fans of the University of Florida and Florida State need to ask themselves this question. In the name of winning football games how far are you prepared to go by pretending your favorite son is not guilty o behavior so reprehensible he should be kicked off the team permanently? Its a matter of your integrity and morality. When all is said and done do you stand for justice or winning the National Championship?
You're so cute when you're stupid. Do the orange creamsickles cut the brain off from the rest of the body?

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
He said / She said. This report does nothing to clear up what actually happened that evening, imo.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So there was no physical harm sustained and she did not have any tests done?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So the Sun took a few of the texts out of context making it look like Harris made a threat and/or actually raped the girl? Wow. That'll get blown up all over the CFB world (ESPN especially)....they'll just "go with it". Especially our rivals.

I'm not going to click those links...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n88741 said:

:ban2:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88666 said:

Are you joking? I may be slower than usual as I am recovering from something. No, it's not a veiled swipe. It is appreciation. If I took a swipe at you, it would not be veiled. I don't do veiled.

I don't even think of you as an ally of halifax I'm saying since gatorchatter has started, I don't have to give that group any business after what I consider throwing a kid's reputation under the bus by innuendo, and dong it after the case is closed and seemingly handled appropriately I think they did this to jump on the media bandwagon around florida schools and sexual assaults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.