UF Releases Treon Harris report, Gville Sun goes for sensationalism instead of ethics

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Alvin York;n88741 said:
You are facing the possibility that your quarterback. the player you prayed to come rescue your offense, is a big a lowlife as Jameis Winston, the quarterback of Florida State accused of rape. Many here scornfully refer to him the rapist that won the Heisman Trophy. The fans of the University of Florida and Florida State need to ask themselves this question. In the name of winning football games how far are you prepared to go by pretending your favorite son is not guilty o behavior so reprehensible he should be kicked off the team permanently? Its a matter of your integrity and morality. When all is said and done do you stand for justice or winning the National Championship?

We all know where you stand; butt cheeks apart with vodka draining into your fart tank.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n88760 said:
Are you joking? I may be slower than usual as I am recovering from something. No, it's not a veiled swipe. It is appreciation. If I took a swipe at you, it would not be veiled. I don't do veiled.

I don't even think of you as an ally of halifax I'm saying since gatorchatter has started, I don't have to give that group any business after what I consider throwing a kid's reputation under the bus by innuendo, and dong it after the case is closed and seemingly handled appropriately I think they did this to jump on the media bandwagon around florida schools and sexual assaults.

I was just kidding around. Down girl!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n88752 said:
So the Sun took a few of the texts out of context making it look like Harris made a threat and/or actually raped the girl? Wow. That'll get blown up all over the CFB world (ESPN especially)....they'll just "go with it". Especially our rivals.

I'm not going to click those links...
I wish I could take my click back from the Sun. Nothing wrong with the other link IMO.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if this were Tallacrapee, it would never have been printed...

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n88752 said:
So the Sun took a few of the texts out of context making it look like Harris made a threat and/or actually raped the girl? Wow. That'll get blown up all over the CFB world (ESPN especially)....they'll just "go with it". Especially our rivals.

I'm not going to click those links...

They selected a section of phone texts that says something like don't tell nobody bout nothin. The 2 exchanges before that are him saying he is getting ready to leave and she responds by telling him what club she is at. Then his statement follows. This is followed by her warning him and mentioning something about staying away if something, and dont try me again

-Enough phrases out of context to be construed by a casual reader as possibly referring to the sexual encounter that triggered the charges. ( even though thye are about to meet up based on the first 2 text messages. Didn't see a date of the communications

I don't know how to print the image of it, or I would.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n88778 said:
They selected a section of phone texts that says something like don't tell nobody bout nothin. The 2 exchanges before that are him saying he is getting ready to leave and she responds by telling him what club she is at. Then his statement follows. This is followed by her warning him and mentioning something about staying away if something, and dont try me again

-Enough phrases out of context to be construed by a casual reader as possibly referring to the sexual encounter that preceded the charges. Didn't see a date of the communications

Thanks. Damn, bitches!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n88764 said:
We all know where you stand; butt cheeks apart with vodka draining into your fart tank.
Dude, you make me laugh constantly.

And of course there's a pretty good chance that's exactly what Alvie and his friends will be doing this weekend after Bammer plungers them.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n88785 said:
Dude, you make me laugh constantly.

And of course there's a pretty good chance that's exactly what Alvie and his friends will be doing this weekend after Bammer plungers them.

This image both makes me laugh and vomit at the same time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have that effect on women.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Alvin York;n88741 said:
You are facing the possibility that your quarterback. the player you prayed to come rescue your offense, is a big a lowlife as Jameis Winston, the quarterback of Florida State accused of rape. Many here scornfully refer to him the rapist that won the Heisman Trophy. The fans of the University of Florida and Florida State need to ask themselves this question. In the name of winning football games how far are you prepared to go by pretending your favorite son is not guilty o behavior so reprehensible he should be kicked off the team permanently? Its a matter of your integrity and morality. When all is said and done do you stand for justice or winning the National Championship?

The difference between the two is that in TH case, she withdrew the complaint. UF didn't push it under the carpet. Whereas TPD failed to investigate beyond what they wanted to find and FSU went into full blown cover-up mode.

I agree in principle that the fans of any collegiate team need to remove the fan goggles in cases such as these.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n88749 said:
He said / She said. This report does nothing to clear up what actually happened that evening, imo.

I would strongly suggest that people read the actual police report and interview of Harris that wuft has provided.

After reading the entirety of both the police report, as well as the Harris interview, it really is nothing more than a he said / she said case.
What I gathered from the interview is that Harris was completely dumbfounded by the entire situation/accusation. It took him quite a while for him to grasp that he was even being accused of that. Throughout the interview, he seemed to be extremely forthcoming, and willing to offer up anything the officers asked for...search his room, search his cell phone, etc. There was really no time that he ever failed to cooperate in any way with the police.

Through the police report Harris, and several others (mostly football players) corroborated with each others idea of events, and video from various locations also corroborated much of the stories, as well as time frames.
Her version of events appeared to be short, and specific mostly only to the accusation, where as most of everyone else's version of events covered the entire night.

It still appears to me to be no more than a he said / she said case, with not a lot of evidence.

Interestingly, it seemed as though the complaint was withdrawn as it was nearing time for those to corroborate her version of events. Coincidence? I don't know. Also, seemed as though one of her friends was seemingly surprised that she would still be questioned about the accusation even after the complaint was withdrawn, as if it was a simple matter of she's not accusing him anymore, as if it all just goes away, to which the officer explained that they have to complete the investigation regardless.

Nothing is really cleared up at the end of the day, however, though it seems that Harris is convinced feelings were mutual.
It's difficult to get a read on her real position because some much is still redacted, but her version of events also seems to jump to the point, as opposed to anything outside of what she was accusing.
I'd have to believe that what Harris stated in the interview was corroborated by the videos at various locations that the police were able to look at, Kangaroo gas station.
Makes you wonder if she was just upset because he didn't let her spend the night, and perhaps thought TH was just using her for sex.

Anyone else read the entire police report and interview?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n88741 said:

You know your Schtick is starting to get really old. Two different incidents and two totally set of circumstance. In addition two totally different ways it was handled. We will do what and how law enforcement dictates. At this point your post is to do nothing but inflame and you're trolling. Its time you go on vacation, for a while. So in that case hoping that the Mods will sit you in the corner baby, its time to BAN!
:ban2:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n88790 said:
I would strongly suggest that people read the actual police report and interview of Harris that wuft has provided.

After reading the entirety of both the police report, as well as the Harris interview, it really is nothing more than a he said / she said case.
What I gathered from the interview is that Harris was completely dumbfounded by the entire situation/accusation. It took him quite a while for him to grasp that he was even being accused of that. Throughout the interview, he seemed to be extremely forthcoming, and willing to offer up anything the officers asked for...search his room, search his cell phone, etc. There was really no time that he ever failed to cooperate in any way with the police.

Through the police report Harris, and several others (mostly football players) corroborated with each others idea of events, and video from various locations also corroborated much of the stories, as well as time frames.
Her version of events appeared to be short, and specific mostly only to the accusation, where as most of everyone else's version of events covered the entire night.

It still appears to me to be no more than a he said / she said case, with not a lot of evidence.

Interestingly, it seemed as though the complaint was withdrawn as it was nearing time for those to corroborate her version of events. Coincidence? I don't know. Also, seemed as though one of her friends was seemingly surprised that she would still be questioned about the accusation even after the complaint was withdrawn, as if it was a simple matter of she's not accusing him anymore, as if it all just goes away, to which the officer explained that they have to complete the investigation regardless.

Nothing is really cleared up at the end of the day, however, though it seems that Harris is convinced feelings were mutual.
It's difficult to get a read on her real position because some much is still redacted, but her version of events also seems to jump to the point, as opposed to anything outside of what she was accusing.
I'd have to believe that what Harris stated in the interview was corroborated by the videos at various locations that the police were able to look at, Kangaroo gas station.
Makes you wonder if she was just upset because he didn't let her spend the night, and perhaps thought TH was just using her for sex.

Anyone else read the entire police report and interview?

I read the interview. I got the sense that he thought it was a casual encounter. He kept talking about another girl liking him and that he didn't like drama people knowing his business. He never hesitated to cooperate. The detective kept trying to throw him off by discussing different parts of the timeline and Treon didn't slip at all.

My overall impression is that Treon was a horny teenager and he had a girl willing to put out. He had little intentions to have anything serious with her and she was probably put off by him saying to keep it quiet, like he was embarrassed to sleep with her or ashamed. I doubt he raped her, but I also think he took advantage of a girl who was crushing on him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rape is a serious a crime. This girl has tied Treon Harris (a public figure) to the crime of rape. This needs to be as
totally cleared up as possible or mucks like the GSun article will keep recurring.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Here is a cliff note type version from Only Gators fairly long I agree with URGatorbait

http://www.onlygators.com/10/22/2014...ce/#more-77350

The part in the above rendition about what her roommate said was interesting to me. Their initial stories both seemed plausible. I began to wonder where the truth lies. Then there are the player statements which one could guess might be biased- although these appear to have been corroborated by surveillance videos. The accounts from the car over all do not work in her favor,and the roommate testimony again over all does not add to her credibility. Given it looks like she did not go to ER, ( I have not read the report at this point) it also weakens her account. Reportedly at one point, she told roommate she could lie and act really well and had bragged about having sex with 2 guys that night..( presumably treon would have been one). It would seem H. Johnson's statement was based on actual testimony and evidence, not just defense lawyer rhetoric. I agree with UR.

According to Only Gators, the last 3 text messages that appear in gville sun image did occur after the sexual encounter. However, the Gville Sun decided to not include ANY other of the other facts available to them, including Harris's statement about what these were about. Whether you believe him or not, it is just responsible journalism to include that..

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n88794 said:
You know your Schtick is starting to get really old. Two different incidents and two totally set of circumstance. In addition two totally different ways it was handled. We will do what and how law enforcement dictates. At this point your post is to do nothing but inflame and you're trolling. Its time you go on vacation, for a while. So in that case hoping that the Mods will sit you in the corner baby, its time to BAN!
:ban2:

Yeah, yeah you'd like to believe i'm trolling when you know and I know something's rotten in this whole incident. More than likely its just another case of an entitled athlete's bad possibly criminal behavior getting swept under the carpet. People here in the city of well aware of Memphis State basketball players going off the reservation and having powerful people behind the scenes launder all their misdeeds. When Leonard Little, a former Volunteer, carelessly got drunk and murdered a innocent person on the streets with his vehicle there were many fans that downplayed the accident. I was not one of them. They should have prosecuted and convicted him to the nth degree.but he was a millionaire and connected man who managed to dodge justice. I don't give a flying **** if a Tennessee player is arrested and prosecuted for a criminal act. If he did the crime then he should do the time. I think you people are busy trying to make excuses and convince yourselves your quarterback is being unfairly railroaded without looking at the case objectively. Don't sell your soul for a SEC Championship. Someday a book will be written or a film produced that will expose this underground of entitlement ,permissiveness and injustice we all know exists in the world of sports.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n88741 said:
I have some of the same concerns even though I don't see a parallel with Jameis. In the latter's case, it was a gang bang where there were three guys involved, one of them taking pictures. In Treon's case, you have a woman who by her own admission, decides to get in bed with a young man but then encourages restraint. I can actually believe both sides. I can believe she meant no when she said no and I can also believe that Treon might not have believed her no was really a no. And if there was alcohol involved, black and white becomes even grayer. It sounds like very poor judgment on both sides of the isle but certainly not classic rape.

I am again troubled by this double standard of plastering Harris's name all over the public media but saving her reputation by leaving her nameless. It's a bad law.

Oct 5, 2014
I find it difficult to reach any clear judgement based on the information available and/or not available in Gainesville or Tallahassee. There does seem to be one thing that distinguishes the evidence in Gainesville from that provided in Tallahassee: The victim in Tallahassee was practically comatose, and unable to say "Get off me!!".

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n88856 said:
Yeah, yeah you'd like to believe i'm trolling when you know and I know something's rotten in this whole incident. More than likely its just another case of an entitled athlete's bad possibly criminal behavior getting swept under the carpet. People here in the city of well aware of Memphis State basketball players going off the reservation and having powerful people behind the scenes launder all their misdeeds. When Leonard Little, a former Volunteer, carelessly got drunk and murdered a innocent person on the streets with his vehicle there were many fans that downplayed the accident. I was not one of them. They should have prosecuted and convicted him to the nth degree.but he was a millionaire and connected man who managed to dodge justice. I don't give a flying **** if a Tennessee player is arrested and prosecuted for a criminal act. If he did the crime then he should do the time. I think you people are busy trying to make excuses and convince yourselves your quarterback is being unfairly railroaded without looking at the case objectively. Don't sell your soul for a SEC Championship. Someday a book will be written or a film produced that will expose this underground of entitlement ,permissiveness and injustice we all know exists in the world of sports.

Who the heck is making excuses. You are going on about a rant of players and situations that have absolutely nothing to do with this incident. If you want to start a thread about bad college ball players then do so. We could give 2 shats about Little and your Memphis State BB players. If folks are determined by the authorities to be in need of prosecution then so be it. Many if not all on here stated that if Harris was determined to be guilty than so be it. And when I mean trolling, hell yes you are when you are bringing up all this other crap just to fufill your idiotic need to post this kind of stuff. Well in many cases we all agree that people should held accountable. UF in this case and not judging any other did what they were supposed to do. If you want to B!TC# about something go do it somewhere else. No one here is trying to convince otherwise, but we all know how the media can be. If you are going to state the facts then state all of it. Since your on a rant don't forget this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb