UF Releases Treon Harris report, Gville Sun goes for sensationalism instead of ethics

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n88760 said:
Are you joking? I may be slower than usual as I am recovering from something. No, it's not a veiled swipe. It is appreciation. If I took a swipe at you, it would not be veiled. I don't do veiled.

I don't even think of you as an ally of halifax I'm saying since gatorchatter has started, I don't have to give that group any business after what I consider throwing a kid's reputation under the bus by innuendo, and dong it after the case is closed and seemingly handled appropriately I think they did this to jump on the media bandwagon around florida schools and sexual assaults.

:hehehe:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n88869 said:
I have some of the same concerns even though I don't see a parallel with Jameis. In the latter's case, it was a gang bang where there were three guys involved, one of them taking pictures. In Treon's case, you have a woman who by her own admission, decides to get in bed with a young man but then encourages restraint. I can actually believe both sides. I can believe she meant no when she said no and I can also believe that Treon might not have believed her no was really a no. And if there was alcohol involved, black and white becomes even grayer. It sounds like very poor judgment on both sides of the isle but certainly not classic rape.

I am again troubled by this double standard of plastering Harris's name all over the public media but saving her reputation by leaving her nameless. It's a bad law.

It's probably not reaching to think that with the facts of the case that were surfacing, and her potential lack of credibility, that backing out as she did was really her ONLY option. What she did by withdrawing the complaint technically keeps the case available to reopen, and keeps her nameless. She wants to be nameless so she doesn't get backlash obviously. I'm certain people on campus know who it is, but if she really is a basketball player then she's going to be a known individual who would routinely be in the public eye, and open for criticism. withdrawing the way she did keeps her identity hidden, and I don't believe there are any statute of limitations on cases such as rape.
I would be absolutely shocked if we ever see anything of this story come up again, as far as her attempting to have him charged again, as quite simply it really isn't anything more than a he said / she said scenario, with bits and pieces not necessarily playing into her favor. This is not to say Treon couldn't have raped her, however, there is virtually nothing, except her word, that says that he did.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
oxking;n88869 said:
I have some of the same concerns even though I don't see a parallel with Jameis. In the latter's case, it was a gang bang where there were three guys involved, one of them taking pictures. In Treon's case, you have a woman who by her own admission, decides to get in bed with a young man but then encourages restraint. I can actually believe both sides. I can believe she meant no when she said no and I can also believe that Treon might not have believed her no was really a no. And if there was alcohol involved, black and white becomes even grayer. It sounds like very poor judgment on both sides of the isle but certainly not classic rape.

I am again troubled by this double standard of plastering Harris's name all over the public media but saving her reputation by leaving her nameless. It's a bad law.

It was in no way shape or form a gang bang. Casher tried to get involved and she said get the **** out. He was taking pictures of the two of them.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n88906 said:
Alvin is trolling hard lately.

The reality is setting in that Tennessee won't have another chance against Muschamp, and they'll always be 0-4 against him, just like Peyton was 0-4 against us.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n88778 said:
They selected a section of phone texts that says something like don't tell nobody bout nothin. The 2 exchanges before that are him saying he is getting ready to leave and she responds by telling him what club she is at. Then his statement follows. This is followed by her warning him and mentioning something about staying away if something, and dont try me again

-Enough phrases out of context to be construed by a casual reader as possibly referring to the sexual encounter that triggered the charges. ( even though thye are about to meet up based on the first 2 text messages. Didn't see a date of the communications

I don't know how to print the image of it, or I would.
Jenny, if you look at this again you'll see that the text messages you are referring to are far apart. The first is before they go out the night Harris returned from Tenn. The second is the next day.

I can understand why she withdrew her complaint. Apparently her friend was already getting harassed about it, and some players had already made comments about her. And there are some pretty embarrassing stories about her too about what happened earlier in the night. Pretty hard for anyone to subject themselves to what she was about to go through.

Johnson's statement that Harris was getting sexually aggressive text messages from her while he was still in the locker room at Tennessee appears to be completely fabricated.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
So I read the full police report but didn't read the Treon interview (interrogation more so) until this morning. **** that cop. **** him hard. Completely unprofessional in his repeated insinuation of guilt. I would be livid if I were his lawyer after reading that. He was a complete ass the entire time conducting the interview.

cop "ok do you know why she would make something like this up? It's a pretty big deal"

TH "I figure why is because..."

cop "... you took a pen from me or something, right?" he repeatedly interrupts him and talks over him even to the detriment of the actual fact gathering. Make no mistake he was not there to necessarily get his side of the story. he was there looking to get a confession, plain and simple.

Another part that got me

cop "what do you think the punishment for someone who rapes someone should be?" TH "you go to jail (dip****)" cop"Have you ever been in a situation where, you know, someone may have had to much to drink and you thought, hey, I can go ahead and....?" again, **** off you unprofessional pig.

cop "so if we can handle this right now it's better for all of us" TH "okay" cop "okay?" TH "how long will the investigation take?" cop "however long it needs" TH "okay" cop "Right?" TH "right" cop " what i'm trying to explain to you is if we can handle it right now then it won't need to get dragged out over the next few months"

I felt crushed for him when was realizing how big this was going to be "is this going to be on ESPN?"

All in all a poor showing by the cop leaning on a kid who should be assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know the investigator that was hired on this case. He reviewed both text logs going back as far as a couple days prior to the incident. He said it was clear from the texts that she was the aggressor and that she had been pursuing other players as well. He thought the case should have definitely been dropped.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
PastyStoole;n89035 said:
Jenny, if you look at this again you'll see that the text messages you are referring to are far apart. The first is before they go out the night Harris returned from Tenn. The second is the next day.

I can understand why she withdrew her complaint. Apparently her friend was already getting harassed about it, and some players had already made comments about her. And there are some pretty embarrassing stories about her too about what happened earlier in the night. Pretty hard for anyone to subject themselves to what she was about to go through.

Johnson's statement that Harris was getting sexually aggressive text messages from her while he was still in the locker room at Tennessee appears to be completely fabricated.

Alright give me a ****ing break. Please stop with the white knight crap. Maybe she withdrew her complaint because her own roommate commented that she came home that night and said "I CAUGHT TWO BODIES TONIGHT" or the fact that her two friends said the accuser told them "Oh I can lie the **** out of something. Yall don't even know the whole truth"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Take it easy, boys.

39a8c9594a039217921257918808f80b.jpg

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just read through the entire interview. "IF" it went down like TH said it did then it sounds like she was pissed he took her back to her room afterward. Looks she might feel used...said he didn't mind if she stayed over "before" they had sex but "after" they had sex he decided it was better if she went on home. Typical d!@k move. One that I pulled a few times when I was a young punk, before I grew up to be the fine upstanding, respectful man I am today. ;) It was a d!@k move...but it certainly doesn't warrant a rape accusation.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My understanding is that the alleged victim reported the supposed rape 22 hours after it had occurred . That would be
the time when struggle-bruises would be most photogenic … no mention of them? The heart & soul of this girl ain't invested like the victim in Tallahassee … differing motives?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;n89045 said:
Alright give me a ****ing break. Please stop with the white knight crap. Maybe she withdrew her complaint because her own roommate commented that she came home that night and said "I CAUGHT TWO BODIES TONIGHT" or the fact that her two friends said the accuser told them "Oh I can lie the **** out of something. Yall don't even know the whole truth"

Yep, that could have been the reason too. I don't see the first quote you mentioned and I read through the whole police report, however. I'm inclined to believe that she dropped it for the same reason most women drop rape charges, though. The whole thing would have been an enormous embarrassment for her and her behavior that night would have subjected her to quite a bit of humiliation. There is a lot here that paints Harris in a pretty negative light, regardless.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
PastyStoole;n89123 said:
Yep, that could have been the reason too. I don't see the first quote you mentioned and I read through the whole police report, however. I'm inclined to believe that she dropped it for the same reason most women drop rape charges, though. The whole thing would have been an enormous embarrassment for her and her behavior that night would have subjected her to quite a bit of humiliation. There is a lot here that paints Harris in a pretty negative light, regardless.

Attachments

• conv_1156.png
    conv_1156.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 46

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n89123 said:

…. "Caught two bodies one night"?? If true could not the other guy have been chosen by her for accusation of rape?
Wouldn't the case status be the same = she said/he said ? No rape kit in this case.??

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It really just sounds like she's upset that he only wanted to have sex with her. In the interview, I seem to remember him saying that he didn't want to sleep with her but she kept going until he gave in. He also said that he was interested in someone else. It really just sounds like he got his bunny boiled, and I hope he learned his lesson from it.

Also, anyone else notice how short the redaction was for her name? If she was a basketball player (as rumored), it was either a nickname or it could really only be one chick.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n89199 said:
It really just sounds like she's upset that he only wanted to have sex with her. In the interview, I seem to remember him saying that he didn't want to sleep with her but she kept going until he gave in. He also said that he was interested in someone else. It really just sounds like he got his bunny boiled, and I hope he learned his lesson from it.

Also, anyone else notice how short the redaction was for her name? If she was a basketball player (as rumored), it was either a nickname or it could really only be one chick.

I've got an idea on who the two are, assuming they really are from the basketball team. I say They, as in the accuser, and the driver of the car. The driver of the car had the shorter name, and was described as "short" somewhere in the report. Keep in mind the redacted names might not all be the same length throughout, as sometimes nicknames, shortened names and possessive versions of the name with an " 's " on it are probably in it. You can also tell she's a freshman, as some have previously assumed. You can probably figure out who the two are, IF the basketball player assumption is correct.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
URGatorBait;n89203 said:
I've got an idea on who the two are, assuming they really are from the basketball team. I say They, as in the accuser, and the driver of the car. The driver of the car had the shorter name, and was described as "short" somewhere in the report. Keep in mind the redacted names might not all be the same length throughout, as sometimes nicknames, shortened names and possessive versions of the name with an " 's " on it are probably in it. You can also tell she's a freshman, as some have previously assumed. You can probably figure out who the two are, IF the basketball player assumption is correct.

Has it been rumored that the driver of the car is also on the basketball team?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;n89219 said:
Has it been rumored that the driver of the car is also on the basketball team?
Not that I'm aware of. I made an assumption based on the length of redacted names and different statements within the report. I have no idea if the two are who I think they are, which is why I won't say names, because honestly, I don't know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.