UF to receive SEC East championship rings

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Are these SEC East champions rings or Outback Bowl rings that recognize that UF was the SEC Champs? To me that would make a difference. I do not know if Bowls give rings or not, but if they do and you get to design them, why not mention you won the east?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hell at least it's something we actually won and we're not giving out rings for made up championships like FSU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Participation rings.

Which is pretty much what every team not named Clemson received this year. As Insti said, if it's an Outback Bowl ring that also throws in winning the East, I really see no issue with it. You can be critical of things and still acknowledge that these players--many who went through hell much of their 4 years here--accomplished something. If we'd gone all "Bristol" on things, criticism is warranted. As it is, hopefully they view it merely as a building block and aspire to achieve more.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I bet there is a trophy for each accomplishment. I think the ring is for both, it is an sec east ring with the bowl added.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why that tweet's not posting. Here's a screenshot.

FA989B53-61F4-4A2B-BBE2-B0824B938EB3_zpseotx9eth.png

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Which is pretty much what every team not named Clemson received this year. As Insti said, if it's an Outback Bowl ring that also throws in winning the East, I really see no issue with it. You can be critical of things and still acknowledge that these players--many who went through hell much of their 4 years here--accomplished something. If we'd gone all "Bristol" on things, criticism is warranted. As it is, hopefully they view it merely as a building block and aspire to achieve more.
I'm fine with conference championship rings but division rings is pushing it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is retarded. East championship rings? Is mac one of those coaches calling butch for advice?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's 2017 folks, you might as well start getting used to this kind of stuff. Outback Bowl Champions! That's gotta rate higher than Life Champions, right?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't care. Don't think I would have voted for it, but at least we won our bowl game this year so...
:bananadance:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's 2017 folks, you might as well start getting used to this kind of stuff. Outback Bowl Champions! That's gotta rate higher than Life Champions, right?
No, it think it exactly comparable to being a Champion of Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator