UF-UGA Stat Comparison (through 10/17)

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n299822 said:
Those stats are highly misleading. Their rushing totals are greatly inflated due to Chubb feasting on cupcakes. He's gone and so are the cupcakes.

Your point re: Chubb is very valid. That makes our offenses a wash. I was surprised by the parity on defense. And let's not even discuss who has the edge on STs.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only thing that scares me in this game is the team that's supposed to win rarely does. I liked our chances earlier with Chubb around but now feel it's for us to lose. Just seems to be the case for many years.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
NVGator;n299985 said:
Only thing that scares me in this game is the team that's supposed to win rarely does. I liked our chances earlier with Chubb around but now feel it's for us to lose. Just seems to be the case for many years.

That's an interesting perspective. :eek:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
NVGator;n299985 said:

As long as Mark Richt is their head football coach, I'll feel good about our chances. There aren't very many coaches who do less with more, or shyt the bed more often in big games than Reverend Richt.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
SGG;n300021 said:
As long as Mark Richt is their head football coach, I'll feel good about our chances. There aren't very many coaches who do less with more, or shyt the bed more often in big games than Reverend Richt.

Give you that. We have the coaching edge which doesn't show up in the stats.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n299819 said:
We have the real possibility of shutting them out. But I dont think we'll score many offensive points either. I sure hope it doesnt come down to field goals.

Hard to say after the LSU game that shows you can just throw it up for grabs and our safeties etc. will just misjudge the ball or fall down sometimes.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Gator Fever;n300029 said:
Hard to say after the LSU game that shows you can just throw it up for grabs and our safeties etc. will just misjudge the ball or fall down sometimes.

LSU is for real. Compare their bodies of work and consider that LSU has even played one fewer game because of the cancellation of their opener. Ga to this point got absolutely murdered at home in the only chance they had to make any kind of statement, and gave up a 3 td lead against Tennessee.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia is alot like LSU as far as pounding the football. Our lines can't get man handled like they did against LSU. Mitchell is no scrub either, not as good as Chubb obviously but he can tote the rock. We haven't stopped the run against the only 2 power running teams we've played. That has to change if we wanna beat Georgia.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n299814 said:
Our secondary had a bad game against LSU, lost on several 50/50 plays. This will sit with them for two weeks and they will come out and play better against UGA.

Michel is a good back, but without Chubb, our LBs can occasionally drop into coverage, which they didn't against Fournette (sp?). This will make it harder for Lambert to throw. He had a hard enough time against Mizzou Saturday. Having the LBs drop back will do a lot to help our secondary cover their receivers and shut Lambert down.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia is going to be tougher than some think. Don't think it's going to be a blowout, although it would be sweet. Georgia is similar to LSU in lots of ways but have nowhere close as good an O-Line and obviously Sony Michel is no fournette. We should win this one but it's a rivalry game and anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n300317 said:
Saw somewhere UF is currently a 2 point underdog to UGA.

I find that hard to believe.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
williston_gator;n300317 said:
Saw somewhere UF is currently a 2 point underdog to UGA.

Inbreddawgfansmessageboard.com maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator