UF vs LSU

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We have a sad team this year. Today, Kurtz was our leading scorer. We goin' be hurting' thout Kurtz next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
aka;n180950 said:
Kurtz is a good Gator.
You damned right he is. And he plays better than any walk on. IF this team could shoot just average they would be pretty good. They cannot shoot worth a sh#t from anywhere.
Murphy had a great dunk on the drive. The announcers said we were #10 in defense but 124th for offense. We may be better without MF and DFS because they realize they ALL have
to find a way to score (even if they cannot shoot). I have never seen a team so off on their shots. Hell, I want Kurtz to take a three because he CANNOT possibly be worse than the rest.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't disappointed. I think LSU is the 2nd best team we've played. They're extremely underrated. We were missing our best two players and we still had a chance to win. I think Robinson is finally showing some improvement. And even Chris walker looks more relaxed outthere and playing better. I said a few weeks ago I just wanted to see some improvement with this group and I think we are starting to see it. We've got a winnable game Tuesday, maybe we can get some momentum going. And finish the season strong and steal a game or two in the SEC tourney.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Kurtz going for a near double double against that frontline is rather impressive. I hope one day he is back coaching with Billy D. He's going to be a very good coach one day if that's the path he takes. I really can't believe they didn't get blown out. These guys can play they just need confidence because they are mentally broken right now from all the adversity this season.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n180988 said:
Kurtz going for a near double double against that frontline is rather impressive. I hope one day he is back coaching with Billy D. He's going to be a very good coach one day if that's the path he takes. I really can't believe they didn't get blown out. These guys can play they just need confidence because they are mentally broken right now from all the adversity this season.

That might happen but he is an engineer and I bet whatever coaching he does will be a hobby. Now playing another year at UF is like a dream come true on top of the initial dream of playing for UF.

What they need is the two best players back in the game and some better play from the other players on offense. Fewer mistakes and a little better shooting would have won all those close games and perhaps this one as well.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I wasn't disappointed. I think LSU is the 2nd best team we've played. They're extremely underrated.
When I saw LSU in gville I thought this is the team that has a chance with UK. They can be a good team and our Def was tough for them at times, IF we could just make some shots the confidence level on this team would explode and the Def would be even better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n181011 said:
When I saw LSU in gville I thought this is the team that has a chance with UK. They can be a good team and our Def was tough for them at times, IF we could just make some shots the confidence level on this team would explode and the Def would be even better.
We've got to start knocking down jumpers . I expect pretty much every to be putting up a couple hundred shots a day this off season. I can't believe LSU hasn't had a better season, they're on the bubble and if they get in the tourney I expect them to make a run.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How did LSU lose to miss st and Missouri?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n181013 said:
How did LSU lose to miss st and Missouri?

They are bad for playing down to their competition so far in SEC play. Look at our game missing those starters they would go on streaks of not doing much until we actually were right there with them but would take over when we caught them. I think they are as good or better than Arkansas when they play hard but their SEC record surely doesn't show that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n181047 said:
They are bad for playing down to their competition so far in SEC play. Look at our game missing those starters they would go on streaks of not doing much until we actually were right there with them but would take over when we caught them. I think they are as good or better than Arkansas when they play hard but their SEC record surely doesn't show that.
I think they're better than Arkansas. Mickey and Martin look like a couple of nba forwards and they have a some shooters.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
There was a game last night? I honestly didn't even know. This is sad. The first time I've been apathetic about Gator basketball in the Billy Donovan era. This is just a dead team.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
NavetG8r;n181114 said:
They're alive. They're just very lost.

I don't expect it to get better this season. I think they miss the NIT. Needs to be some serious magic in the offseason

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we finish a game above .500 we'll get an NIT invite based on past performance alone.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Our future will depend on our performance in the SEC tourney. Win a few games and we get an NIT invite, lose the first one and we probably are staying home. Other than KY we could win any game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like the invention of Gatorade, it's a good time for UF to invent something better than Absorbine Jr. that gives us a winning edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator