UF vs Oklahoma WCWS

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Too many times the Gators come up small as the 1 seed. They got creampuffs LSU, texas am UW but when they ran into OU the 10 seed they melted. Good season great girls but game 2? Up 2-1 OU pulls their ace for a freshman fatty with bases loaded blew another chance. Shaky pitching. Not tough enough. Hey they hadnt lost a series all year right? Big deal. That meant alot.

Congrats OU they did just enough to win back to back. Not a great team though. I never imagined UF would give up 12 runs in 2 games. They have heart and showed clutchness in game 1 but all those last at bats doing nothing. smh.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
No, he didnt play Barnhill. Can him.
Walton is a great recruiter and good coach and ambassador but too many times his team as #1 come up small like this series. Never a plan B on offense.

OU went back to back but they are not great. Oh well atleast womens tennis won the ncaa title ending the Gator NC drought.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Walton is a great recruiter and good coach and ambassador but too many times his team as #1 come up small like this series. Never a plan B on offense.

OU went back to back but they are not great. Oh well atleast womens tennis won the ncaa title ending the Gator NC drought.
So you're saying he's the Calipari of softball...with the exceptuon of the ambassador thing.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
#firetimwalton

Too soon???

Nah. Walton can take this WCWS loss as a teaching tool for next year. We could have/should have won the championship. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. The girls went out with a whimper in this game. Stop the pussyass pixie running before the girlie swing that brings all the outfielders so close cause they know it ain't gonna go far. Swing for the goddam fences and win games like this. Poor game management by Florida costs us. Play like you want to win. Congrats to OK, they were the better team.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So good but just not gritty, clutch or whatever, so dominant during regular season, but.......

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
OU beat us at the plate, getting clutch hits when the Gators choked. Give credit to the OU coach for making the right moves in the circle.

For the second consecutive game, Kvistad was hitless. In my opinion, she is the big bat that Haegar and Castro used to be. She just had a bad series.

I understand the logic behind giving Ocasio some pitches in the circle. She is one of the top pitchers in the country. I get the theory of giving the OU hitters a different look after seeing Barnhill and Gorley so much on Monday. But I think it was too big of a moment with too much on the line to put in a pitcher who hasn't pitched in weeks. Maybe that would have worked against other teams, but not against these highly productive OU hitters. I thought Gorley did very well in relief, holding OU scoreless in the final 4 innings.

UF's three pitchers are in the top 6 in the nation in ERA. OU wasn't intimidated at all. In this series, good team pitching lost.

After listening to the players comment on the crowd in the Monday night press conference, I paid close attention to the wide crowd camera shots and the audio of the crowd noise. I don't think it should be underestimated the impact a home crowd (OU is the host team) of 8K plus people has on a visiting team. I'd guess the crowd was 85% OU fans or more. Anytime OU makes the WCWS, they should, and will be, the undisputed favorite.

Great season though. I just hate losing.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
OU beat us at the plate, getting clutch hits when the Gators choked. Give credit to the OU coach for making the right moves in the circle.

For the second consecutive game, Kvistad was hitless. In my opinion, she is the big bat that Haegar and Castro used to be. She just had a bad series.

I understand the logic behind giving Ocasio some pitches in the circle. She is one of the top pitchers in the country. I get the theory of giving the OU hitters a different look after seeing Barnhill and Gorley so much on Monday. But I think it was too big of a moment with too much on the line to put in a pitcher who hasn't pitched in weeks. Maybe that would have worked against other teams, but not against these highly productive OU hitters. I thought Gorley did very well in relief, holding OU scoreless in the final 4 innings.

UF's three pitchers are in the top 6 in the nation in ERA. OU wasn't intimidated at all. In this series, good team pitching lost.

After listening to the players comment on the crowd in the Monday night press conference, I paid close attention to the wide crowd camera shots and the audio of the crowd noise. I don't think it should be underestimated the impact a home crowd (OU is the host team) of 8K plus people has on a visiting team. I'd guess the crowd was 85% OU fans or more. Anytime OU makes the WCWS, they should, and will be, the undisputed favorite.

Great season though. I just hate losing.
I agree UF got out coached in this series. They also got outplayed. Kvistad was a disaster after a great year, Walton hid POY Barnhill in an elimination game. Even if she was a little tired she should have been out there. Somewhere Danielle Lawrie and Jennie Finch are shaking their heads, Lorenz needs to hit 3rd her final 2 years at UF and build around her and Kvistad. This loss was frustrating becaaue OU was not a great team they were 10 seed for a reason. But they saw the finish line and kicked it up a notch.

If Barnhill could have given 2 or 3 shutout innings to begin the game they may have won game 2. Not winning is one thing but lose both games after not dropping a series all year makes it worse. The pressure to finish a great year great got to them.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
My speculation but I think Barnhill was to be the closer if UF got the lead late. The exact role that Lowrey played for OU.

Still though, in hindsight, hard to believe that Barnhill got no pitches in a elimination game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Huge huge props to the girls. I know it is tough to lose at the world series but hang your heads high girls. Marvelous season. Thank you.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OU was just better, that's the way it goes sometimes. That 17 inning game was a thing of beauty, though. Might be the most fun I've had watching college softball. Great season!

:chomp:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bats just weren't up to par. Nothing to be ashamed of, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
My speculation but I think Barnhill was to be the closer if UF got the lead late. The exact role that Lowrey played for OU.

Still though, in hindsight, hard to believe that Barnhill got no pitches in a elimination game.
POY Barnhill. If you go out on your sword your best needs to be a part of it. Strange finish to the season. A great season became a good season because of a 2 game losing streak to end the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.