UF vs UM: Tune in for live game-day announcing!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
First off, this was really Zambo's idea and he has paid for all expenses related to it, so that's why you'll see "Sponsored by Zambo" here and there. So if this ends up working out, thank Zambo. If it doesn't, insult Zambo.

:monkey:

I'm going to give this a shot and see where it takes us the rest of the season. When the game starts, you'll be able to tune in live from any desktop or mobile device. The embedded player will be hidden unless there's a broadcast, so you won't have to look at it when it's not in use. It will be placed just above the chatbox on every page. On desktops it will look like this - the red arrow shows what to hit to make it play.

image.jpg

On phones it will look like this - follow the red arrow!

image.jpg

The primary problem with this concept is the sync issue. Depending on what platform you're watching the game, all of us are going to be 5 to 20 seconds apart watching live. If you are watching from home on a DVR that can be paused, you're golden - while listening to me, you should be able to pause the game on your end until the audio is synced. I'm currently using DirecTV, and I've found I'm usually a few seconds behind everyone else, so that works well.

If you're streaming the game, I'm not sure if this is going to be able to work. However, this is all for fun so we'll see what happens. I'll be monitoring the chat box during games for feedback on everything.

For now, this is just going to be me. However, if it looks like it's something that could be popular we'll be exploring having guests, etc.

I'll monitor some sporting events this week and perhaps we can do another trial run for people that want to tune in. I was on screwing around for 90 minutes last Saturday, and 53 different people tuned in for a least a few seconds. I was pretty impressed with that.

Discuss.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From any mobile device? So we can listen from our iPhone?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, yeah. Even an Android device, even though that system is still using Russian technology from the 60's.
:lol:

Btw, best way to listen via android devices is through chrome mobile and on mobile data, not wifi. That gives the least amount of delay.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldnt that depend entirely on your wifi and cell strength?
if you have schitty cell strength I suppose.

Brad pointed it out when we were testing it the other day. Was about a 7 second difference between the two, an I had good signals from both.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna listen to fingernails on a chalkboard during the game instead.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Announcing what?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Think of it as a live podcast.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
So is this going to be more of a play by play or just talking about the game as if we were there with you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't want to listen, then STFU and don't listen. Stop being a doosh about this.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

:grin:

Youre my favorite admin, dont forget.

I'm pretty sure everyone realizes I was being sarcastic. hell I'm pretty sure everyone realizes I'm always being sarcastic.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So we can't talk smack back, just listen and send subliminal messages back at you....

:what:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator