UF vs Vandy

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take Frazier, DFS, Chiozza, and Carter over Hill

The fact those are the only ones that are better is the reason we have 13 losses

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179593 said:
Hill has the worst shooting % on the team, coupled with the most turnovers. Not a good recipe for a good PG

I dont dislike him but at this stage he just isn't very good

Hill also has the most assists on the team and the best assist to turnover ratio.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Having the most turnovers goes along with having played the most minutes and being the one who is always handling the ball.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179595 said:
I'd take Frazier, DFS, Chiozza, and Carter over Hill

The fact those are the only ones that are better is the reason we have 13 losses

DFS is probably our best player, Frazier is our second best.

Carter is a poor shooter, only slightly better than Hill except when it comes to free throws. Unfortunately Carter is a high-volume shooter and does not get to the line. He also isn't a terribly good defender, doesn't handle the ball as well as Hill and averages almost as many turnovers as assists.

Chiozza gets a lot of steals, but isn't quite as good of a defender being only 3 feet tall. He gets about half as many assists and has a worse assist to turnover ratio. He is also not a very good shooter and scores far less than Hill.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
As do assists so it's a moot point.

If if he ever develops even the slightest of jump shots I will agree.

Believe me I am pulling for him and think he has the tools to be very good, just want to see it first

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hill' s one of the passers we've ever had. He's also a threat to finish at the rim wich causes the defense to rotate earlier and he finds someone open for a dunk. We don't get that with chiozza because he's not a threat at the rim if he gets in the paint it's usually a turn over. Neither one has much of a jump shot.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Carter is inconsistent big time but is also our 3rd best scorer on a team that can't score. Neither are great on D

Chiozza is a better shooter than Hill by far (all you have to do is watch the games to see this) and better defensively as well IMO.

Their assists to to turnover ratios are comparative but Chiozza doesn't make the boneheaded plays like Hill (see Texas AM)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n179603 said:
Hill' s one of the passers we've ever had. He's also a threat to finish at the rim wich causes the defense to rotate earlier and he finds someone open for a dunk. We don't get that with chiozza because he's not a threat at the rim if he gets in the paint it's usually a turn over. Neither one has much of a jump shot.

Hill misses as many lay ups as he makes, let's be real.

One of the best passers we have ever had? You serious Clark?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n179599 said:

Carter is a poor shooter, only slightly better than Hill except when it comes to free throws. Unfortunately Carter is a high-volume shooter and does not get to the line. He also isn't a terribly good defender, doesn't handle the ball as well as Hill and averages almost as many turnovers as assists.

Chiozza gets a lot of steals, but isn't quite as good of a defender being only 3 feet tall. He gets about half as many assists and has a worse assist to turnover ratio. He is also not a very good shooter and scores far less than Hill.

Jay is my boy but I gotta agree with Bernie. I also gotta say I'm impressed with bernies basketball knowledge.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Idk I just don't see it, he frustrates me watching him.

I hope Hill proves me wrong and leads us to a Championship next year tho!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179610 said:

he can be careless with the ball at times and others he plays too tight. Consistency I think is his biggest problem that and his lack of jump shot.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179605 said:
Carter is inconsistent big time but is also our 3rd best scorer on a team that can't score. Neither are great on D

Chiozza is a better shooter than Hill by far (all you have to do is watch the games to see this) and better defensively as well IMO.

Their assists to to turnover ratios are comparative but Chiozza doesn't make the boneheaded plays like Hill (see Texas AM)

Carter averages 1.5 more points a game than Hill and 2.7 less assists. He is contributing less to our scoring. Hill is a far better defender. One of the best on the team.

Chiozza makes plenty of boneheaded plays and is a good but not great defender. If you want to cite individual plays see the game winning shot being made over Chiozza in the previous game against Ole Miss.

And FFS Chiozza plays exactly the same position as Hill. If he was the better player he would be starting.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n179611 said:
he can be careless with the ball at times and others he plays too tight. Consistency I think is his biggest problem that and his lack of jump shot.

It's usually in the worst times when he makes poor decisions to..

His is jumper is hard to figure out. He has good form but his touch is so off. You'd think its something he could develop but time will tell

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179610 said:

This whole team frustrates the hell out of me. Hill definitely has a lot to work on, but he's not the only one.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n179599 said:

Now Frazier's the best. FML.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n179616 said:
This whole team frustrates the hell out of me. Hill definitely has a lot to work on, but he's not the only one.

Yup I agree.

This is definitely the refinement stage, I'm expecting big things next year

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179619 said:
Yup I agree.

This is definitely the refinement stage, I'm expecting big things next year

The big question is who is leaving? Horford is obviously out being a senior, but two more guys need to leave or we need to drop a couple of guys from the recruiting class.

Walker said before the season that this would be his last. He definitely isn't ready, but I just don't see him staying.

I am praying that DFS isn't the other one that goes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Next year we need a freshman somewhere between what we got now and Welbekin.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just have to win anyway we can and end up with a winning record for the year. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.