UF vs Vandy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n179621 said:
The big question is who is leaving? Horford is obviously out being a senior, but two more guys need to leave or we need to drop a couple of guys from the recruiting class.

Walker said before the season that this would be his last. He definitely isn't ready, but I just don't see him staying.

I am praying that DFS isn't the other one that goes.
That's a good question. Last time we had down years there was a huge wave of transfers. I hope we make room for this class .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n179621 said:
The big question is who is leaving? Horford is obviously out being a senior, but two more guys need to leave or we need to drop a couple of guys from the recruiting class.

Walker said before the season that this would be his last. He definitely isn't ready, but I just don't see him staying.

I am praying that DFS isn't the other one that goes.

Ive thought about this as well. I see Walker going overseas and DFS staying (I really hope)

Dont ask ask how I know, but BD and Frazier aren't on the best of terms to say the least. Hope he isnt the one to bolt either.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Billy really needed Frazier to be a leader this season. But it seems the pressure of that expectation got to Frazier and his production went down the tubes...disappointing situation for both of them. No one else has stepped up as an emotional leader or a leader on the court. And this may sound funny, but the least talented guy is actually the only one who consistently plays within the system...and that is Kurtz...which is why Billy keeps playing him. Horford graduates and Finney-Smith has probably had enough. CW is a bust...the learning curve for Florida basketball is higher than he can jump...so he is gone. Murphy appears teachable. Job one for Hill and Chorizo is the run the offense...and see that the offense is being run. Both go flailing into the lane too much with and only occasionally creating plays. Last year's team showed that buying into the system leads to success and Wilbekin finally displayed the maturity and leadership to control the game. And man did they play defense! It appears that team has not bought into the system, at all, and there is no floor leadership to make that happen (the hope was Frazier). And the defense sucks.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is it true Walker missed a dunk, a layup and both free throws in a single possession?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n179628 said:
Ive thought about this as well. I see Walker going overseas and DFS staying (I really hope)

Dont ask ask how I know, but BD and Frazier aren't on the best of terms to say the least. Hope he isnt the one to bolt either.

You think Walker leaves for sure? I would like to see him and that new center on the court at the same time next season as long as Walker puts some serious work in during the offseason.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GatorJay26;n179564 said:
So you highlight one play and act like that proves me wrong? hahaha

How bout the two free throws he clanked? I am not a debbie downer and think we will be real good next year, but gotta call a spade a spade.
Listen GJAY, as you can tell from gator chatter the phckn bottom line is WINNING.....we won the game because KH drove in tough situation and got it to the RIGHT guy,
FT's? Yep, when he went to the line I said to myself "this is a waste because he cannot hit them. I saw Chiozza miss two also. HTF can little PGs miss FTs so
consistently. Little guys have to be able to hit those to stay in games of 21 (when everyone plays everyone and you shoot FTs). I am just a big fan of
NOT TRASHING our players ESPECIALLY when they are down, You know dont kick a man when he is ........... I am VERY hopeful for next year. I think we
have some good young talent and IF WE CAN IMPROVE our shooting from the field and line we could be great. Worst shooting I have seen in decades in
the orange and blue. Sh#T even when Vandy players had a tough three off balance they shot better than we did. I think God is unsmiling on the gators this
year or something. Peace.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Since when is discussing who's the better ball player equal complaining about a win?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Walker was really good last night. Super active. Chiozza is a much better shooter than Hill. But is careless with the ball. And makes horrible decisions in the lane. Hill needs to shoot about a 1000 times a day in the off season. DFS is a #1 guy who should be the #3 guy. He should be so much better but he has no killer instinct.

The only person with a scorer's mentality is Chiozza but he thinks he's 6'6. MF can't create his own shot. And lastly, our interior game is the worst it's ever been under BD.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n179925 said:
Since when is discussing who's the better ball player equal complaining about a win?

I just noticed a lack of happiness about the win, that is all.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n179942 said:
I just noticed a lack of happiness about the win, that is all.

Well Gee you play very poorly, make multiple mistakes throughout the game and I am to be happy. Now I am happier than with a loss but happy comes from consistent good play for me. Nothing else!!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n179671 said:
Billy really needed Frazier to be a leader this season. But it seems the pressure of that expectation got to Frazier and his production went down the tubes...disappointing situation for both of them. No one else has stepped up as an emotional leader or a leader on the court. And this may sound funny, but the least talented guy is actually the only one who consistently plays within the system...and that is Kurtz...which is why Billy keeps playing him. Horford graduates and Finney-Smith has probably had enough. CW is a bust...the learning curve for Florida basketball is higher than he can jump...so he is gone. Murphy appears teachable. Job one for Hill and Chorizo is the run the offense...and see that the offense is being run. Both go flailing into the lane too much with and only occasionally creating plays. Last year's team showed that buying into the system leads to success and Wilbekin finally displayed the maturity and leadership to control the game. And man did they play defense! It appears that team has not bought into the system, at all, and there is no floor leadership to make that happen (the hope was Frazier). And the defense sucks.

While I somewhat agree I doubt that it was the pressure. Frazier was much better with those guys last year to take a lot of the defensive activity off him. How many open threes he got last year vs this year is the big difference. I bet being injured has had an impact as well. This team lacks capability especially on offense, watch how many easy shots are missed, so many missed FTs. These are the major issues in our record today.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n180081 said:
After years of Muschump, we are used to winning ugly.

Or better said losing ugly which the BBall team has done several times this year as well. The continual missed FTs and poor play are a real concern. When half the court is open and a guard passes the ball something is wrong. Either they don't see it or don't believe that driving will either get a basket or a foul (perhaps both). Nobody is consistent in shooting the ball even when a good shot is taken. Just frustrating but of course there are other (female) sports to be very happy about now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n180002 said:
Well Gee you play very poorly, make multiple mistakes throughout the game and I am to be happy. Now I am happier than with a loss but happy comes from consistent good play for me. Nothing else!!

Well Gee you win a game, I guess it is not a good thing.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n180283 said:
Well Gee you win a game, I guess it is not a good thing.

Well as I and coach say it is better than a loss but far from good.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n180357 said:
So a win is not a good thing???

Yes it is not good when you play poorly and only win due to the other team being even worse. Better than a loss though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb