UF's Marshall, Taylor and Brown nominated for Hall of Fame

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:headbang:

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-14%20at%205.46.26%20PM_zpsxcuybqcp.png

http://www.profootballhof.com/108-modern-era-nominees-for-the-hall-of-fames-class-of-2018/

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a lot of really good linebackers:

Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wondered what he was doing lately. So I read wiki on him. He's living in Titusville, permanently disabled from football injuries. He sued the Pete Rozelle & the NFL to get his entitled permanent disability on the NFL retirement plan. He won in 2008. Hope he didn't make enemies that could keep him out of the NFL HOF.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly had the greatest performance ever by Gator defensive player against USC in 82.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's been retired for 22 seasons and he's just now nominated? He has no chance, but it's an honor just to be nominated.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly had the greatest performance ever by Gator defensive player against USC in 82.

Damn. I heard the orange jerseys caused you to lose.

And that no coach could possible win a first game that wasn't against a directional school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

4:35. I like that they made the highlight reel.

Probably "friends" of 78. Both of them.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
How good was Marshall as a gator and pro? He was a bit before my time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
University of Southern Cal. southern is a direction.
Btw they hate being called "Cal" and hate South Cal even more, so it's exactly what I do.

Yeah, I agree Southern is a direction but USCw isn't a directional school.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That is great a shame that he is disabled today and can't enjoy his life.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, Fred Taylor and Lomas Brown are also in this class.

Which 25 out of this group would you nominate as semifinalists? Mine are in bold. This was NOT easy.

QUARTERBACKS
(5) – Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms

RUNNING BACKS
(10) – Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Roger Craig, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Lorenzo Neal, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

WIDE RECEIVERS
(13) – *Isaac Bruce, Donald Driver, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, *Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith, John Taylor, Hines Ward

TIGHT END
(4) – Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Ferrell Edmunds, Jay Novacek

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
(21) – Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), Ray Donaldson (C), *Alan Faneca (G), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), Steve Hutchinson (G), *Joe Jacoby (T), Mike Kenn (T), *Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Bart Oates (C), Jeff Saturday (C), Richmond Webb (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
(11) – La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Leonard Marshall (DE/DT), Keith Millard (DT/NT/DE), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/NT/LB), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS
(15) – Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

DEFENSIVE BACKS
(12) – Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Ronde Barber (CB/S), LeRoy Butler (S), *Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), *Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Dennis Smith (S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

KICKERS/PUNTER
(3) – Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K)

SPECIAL TEAMS
(2) – Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

COACHES
(12) – *Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How good was Marshall as a gator and pro? He was a bit before my time.

I am not one for setting certain criteria to have retired #'s or a ring of Honor, but UF has quite a strict criteria and Wilber is in it. Wilber was a sensational college player and an excellent pro, though not quite HOF material in my opinion. Be that as it may, recruited as a TE, he went on to become arguably the best LB to ever play here. Speaking of the criteria for the Ring of Honor, it is so stringent that Lomas Brown can't qualify and that guy was and still is the best O-lineman to play here!

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Lomas Brown admitting he intentionally let a defender run free to knock Scott Mitchell out of the game ended any chance he had of making it into the Hall of Fame.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Flores deserved to be the first minority coach in the HOF long before Dunghole was paraded in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator