UGA losing before bye-week

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just read this quote from UGA TE Jeb Blazevich about their loss before the bye week and it reminds me of the "fool's gold" comments about our team and the play of the offense.

The "pumpers" of the board will say, "Hey, no problems....we won!" Others will say, "yeah, this offense is a disaster waiting to happen". Take a look at the quote from the UGA TE and see how it could easily be one of our players after losing a game we shouldn't.

Now they go into their bye week understanding that their offense is broken...and more urgency to fix it than if they had won the Vandy game:

----

“Obviously we want to win that game, I don’t think there’s ever a perfect time (to lose) at the halfway point,” junior tight end Jeb Blazevich said, according to 247Sports. “But I will say this, and I think coach touched on it a little bit. This is going to sound terrible: It’s almost good in a way. Because if we do win by a field goal, we still have the same problems, then we might not recognize it the same way we do now. But now it’s in our face, it’s pressing us, we’re almost forced to address all the issues that we were having.

“Especially on offense, in my world offense and the tight end unit,” he continued. “Now we almost have to address it, instead of getting a win and falling into that security blanket, whatever you want to call it, ‘Well we won so we can just focus on what’s next.’ It’s like, Hey we obviously have issues, we need to fix it this week.”

---

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The "pumpers" of the board will say, "Hey, no problems....we won!" Others will say, "yeah, this offense is a disaster waiting to happen".
I enjoy it when you post these articles, but you continue to put words into peoples mouths. Could have just posted the article and said 'discuss'. But you had to take a dig at the optimists on the board, to what, be divisive? Do you know what I'm saying now? Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with Bart. Sure I'm disappointed, but heavy pessimism makes me feel, I think, worse than I should.
Why can't some optimists be allowed their say without having the pessimists stoning their hopes, wishes ?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I enjoy it when you post these articles, but you continue to put words into peoples mouths. Could have just posted the article and said 'discuss'. But you had to take a dig at the optimists on the board, to what, be divisive? Do you know what I'm saying now? Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Other than saying "pumpers" what is so wrong w/ the comment? It's what we do on this board, isn't it? Some feel there are NO issues at all...because we're winning. Others feel it's a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode (like 2nd half vs Tennessee). It is what it is. Sorry I called a spade a spade. Are your feelings hurt again? Not sure what else to say....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Other than saying "pumpers" what is so wrong w/ the comment? It's what we do on this board, isn't it? Some feel there are NO issues at all...because we're winning. Others feel it's a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode (like 2nd half vs Tennessee). It is what it is. Sorry I called a spade a spade. Are your feelings hurt again? Not sure what else to say....

:racist:

:ban2:

:peabody:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Name one.

Name just one single poster on this board that feels and has said there are no issues at all.

I'll hang up and listen.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm under no delusion that we are a top 10 offense. I think we lack some necessary components to effectively attack and score consistently against better defenses (and sometimes average defenses). Whether we have a working plan to address and correct these deficiencies remains to be seen, but I should hope so. Maybe we'll know more soon. Regarding the GA TE's comment about their loss, I get what he's saying, but if a coaching staff thinks that just scraping by offensively is nothing to worry about, then maybe you have the wrong staff. I do think that it might be easier for the players to fall for the "Emporer's New Clothes" mindset. Staff's might not announce concerns to the world (to prevent confidence from eroding), but they should know better.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm under no delusion that we are a top 10 offense. I think we lack some necessary components to effectively attack and score consistently against better defenses (and sometimes average defenses). Whether we have a working plan to address and correct these deficiencies remains to be seen, but I should hope so. Maybe we'll know more soon. Regarding the GA TE's comment about their loss, I get what he's saying, but if a coaching staff thinks that just scraping by offensively is nothing to worry about, then maybe you have the wrong staff. I do think that it might be easier for the players to fall for the "Emporer's New Clothes" mindset. Staff's might not announce concerns to the world (to prevent confidence from eroding), but they should know better.

C2, thanks for discussing the topic....vs making it a pissing contest, as the pumpers are doing.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
UGA losing at home to Vandy can only have two implications that I see:

1. UGa will come out more fired up against UF. I am not sure this is possible as I expect UF gets UGa's best shot each year. If not something is very wrong there.

2. UGa is just bad. If they are just bad, there is no fixing it in two weeks. So I know this TE has to repeat the company line, but I just do not see them fixing problems in two weeks.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
C2, thanks for discussing the topic....vs making it a pissing contest, as the pumpers are doing.
My pleasure. I enjoy talking football, even if there's a little arguing from time to time. I've worn the O&B goggles and still put them on some, but I'm coming to understand that we are in a different place where CFB is concerned. I might not like it or feel comfortable with it, but it is what it is and I feel compelled to evolve if I'm going to keep watching. Hell, I might even coach a little more before they plant me, so I figure a new and more open mindset is necessary regardless of how sad I might be that things aren't the way they were in my hey day.

As for UGA going into the bye with a loss...I'm all for it!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is not satisfied with how his team is performing. In fact, we can improve and Mac still will want
further improvement ... on and on to include the goal of winning all the games and then on to winning
all games without any team even looking like they might have won that game.

Granted, it seems like Foley has hired a "learn as you go" HC. Well ... let's hope next game (UGa)
Mac & crew show top-notch coaching improvement that translates to all the players. We cannot play
another game on this underperforming plateau.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FYI - I'm interested in your opinion, and I respect it when it comes to the state of the football program as it currently is. You post relevant articles and make solid points. I'm just not interested in what you believe my opinion is.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just because some of us aren't b!tching every second of the day doesn't mean we are "pumpers" or satisfied with the team at all. I think the product on the field has been lackluster so far for the most part, and am not satisfied with it but at the same time I am happy to be 5-1 so far.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Dwags are having the same offensive issues we are. While they have a stable of RBs, their OL sucks so they can run on the weaklings and will hit a big play occasionally, they can't move the chains consistently...especially in the red zone. Also, they have an inexperienced QB playing behind that weak OL.
Because of our corners, we should play man and load the box. Make them have to rely on that freshman QB to carry the load. I think we beat them decisively.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've already had our loss. A very embarrassing one where we completely dominated the first half and then let the other team take all the momentum away and then proceed to steal our lunch money to boot. We are in the driver's seat for the SEC East. If our coaches and players need more motivation than that to work on improving every day, then there's not much else I can think of that could motivate them better.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We've already had our loss. A very embarrassing one where we completely dominated the first half and then let the other team take all the momentum away and then proceed to steal our lunch money to boot. We are in the driver's seat for the SEC East. If our coaches and players need more motivation than that to work on improving every day, then there's not much else I can think of that could motivate them better.

I can't get into the overconfidence thing against UGA. They have a weaker than normal team this year, but they had the team that whacked us beat until a Butch Jones miracle. They are definitely capable of beating us, and we'd better be as ready to play as they will be. And they are desperate at this point. We'd better come out showing fire and fight - Mac can leave his "aw shucks" crap at home.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I can't get into the overconfidence thing against UGA. They have a weaker than normal team this year, but they had the team that whacked us beat until a Butch Jones miracle. They are definitely capable of beating us, and we'd better be as ready to play as they will be. And they are desperate at this point. We'd better come out showing fire and fight - Mac can leave his "aw shucks" crap at home.

:exactly: Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just because some of us aren't b!tching every second of the day doesn't mean we are "pumpers" or satisfied with the team at all. I think the product on the field has been lackluster so far for the most part, and am not satisfied with it but at the same time I am happy to be 5-1 so far.
Dude, with our schedule, we are 4-1 or 5-0 at this point, every single year. Every team that is better than Kintucky would have the same record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.