UGA running back busted for weed

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Holyfield, the son of former heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield, was charged with possession and use of drug related objects, and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, according to the Athens-Clarke County Jail web site.

Same as on every other campus, including ours.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Kirby hasn't been successful in replicating the "justice" system in Bama....yet.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Evander will have to bend his ear..... something he should know a little bit about

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
*In before the "it's just weed" crowd*

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
O.k., so when recreational weed is legal everywhere (just a matter of time), do the football programs still ban its use and test the players? Or will it just be allowed?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
O.k., so when recreational weed is legal everywhere (just a matter of time), do the football programs still ban its use and test the players? Or will it just be allowed?
HGH is not an illegal substance....but it's typically not allowed in sports.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know it's only legal in a few states, but here in Washington where it's been legal for a few years now, most employers still consider it illegal to have in your system. Also, it is a performance enhancing drug (just ask the Canadian snowboarder who won a gold medal a few years back, Ross Zabagliatti). From fist hand experience, I tend to shoot pool and bowl (pun intended, I guess) better when I'm :bandit:. And when I was playing more active sports such as basketball or ultimate Frisbee, I rarely, if ever, played when I wasn't :bandit:. But that's just me - many folks may not be able to function that way if they're :bandit:.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know it's only legal in a few states, but here in Washington where it's been legal for a few years now, most employers still consider it illegal to have in your system. Also, it is a performance enhancing drug (just ask the Canadian snowboarder who won a gold medal a few years back, Ross Zabagliatti). From fist hand experience, I tend to shoot pool and bowl (pun intended, I guess) better when I'm :bandit:. And when I was playing more active sports such as basketball or ultimate Frisbee, I rarely, if ever, played when I wasn't :bandit:. But that's just me - many folks may not be able to function that way if they're :bandit:.
When i did it back in the day, I always played golf at a much higher level. It made me have tunnel vision and I could only focus on the one thing, which was like being in a zone. Then I switched to liquor and my golf game went to sh*t. :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When i did it back in the day, I always played golf at a much higher level. It made me have tunnel vision and I could only focus on the one thing, which was like being in a zone. Then I switched to liquor and my golf game went to sh*t. :lol:
Yep, gotta be careful with the alcohol when golfing. I was even par thru 7 before, then shot a 90 after the booze (a lot of booze) kicked in! :lol:
In bowling, booze is known as aiming fluid, but it's more of an excuse to drink more if you're not bowling well (need more aiming fluid).
Bowling, BTW, is also a four letter word (for bowlers, at times, when things don't go so well).

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I'm old school but I can only image that not inhaling the smoke from a narcotic plant into your lungs would help you be a better athlete.

Do these guys think weed helps them play better or are they just potheads

I don't have a problem with them getting high it's their life but how do you rationalize weed with peak performance?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, gotta be careful with the alcohol when golfing. I was even par thru 7 before, then shot a 90 after the booze (a lot of booze) kicked in! :lol:
In bowling, booze is known as aiming fluid, but it's more of an excuse to drink more if you're not bowling well (need more aiming fluid).
Bowling, BTW, is also a four letter word (for bowlers, at times, when things don't go so well).

giphy.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I'm old school but I can only image that not inhaling the smoke from a narcotic plant into your lungs would help you be a better athlete.

Do these guys think weed helps them play better or are they just potheads

I don't have a problem with them getting high it's their life but how do you rationalize weed with peak performance?
Only in snowboarding, was kind of my point. :lol:
I'd be surprised if any serious football, basketball or hockey players (anything that involves a lot of physical exertion) can say they're better when they're :bandit:. Baseball I can see playing :bandit:, as it gets awful boring sometimes.
I can tell you that when I played basketball and ultimate when :bandit: I was no better than I was without (it's just something that I did, play when :bandit:). But I will swear that I'm better at shooting pool and bowling (2 things I do very well regardless) when I'm :bandit:. As well as cutting the grass and other mindless yard work. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.