UGA Spring Game / Emmitt in full Georgia gear

Does Emmitt Smith's photo of him wearing UGA gear tarnish how you see him?

• Yes

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 44.9%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is a whole lotta overreaction in this thread.
No we're not. Georgia is trotting out 95-year-old Vince Dooley, the most hated man in Gatorville, in an effort to humiliate us.

We need to sign the kid even if we don't want him just to avoid the embarrassment.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is most disgraceful by Emmitt. I honestly think he should be removed from the pregame hype video and the Ring of Honor.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
No we're not. Georgia is trotting out 95-year-old Vince Dooley, the most hated man in Gatorville, in an effort to humiliate us.

We need to sign the kid even if we don't want him just to avoid the embarrassment.
Scrubbing his name from the ring? Pulling the offer? That isn't an overreaction to you? JFC, it is football and it is a college aged son... It aint life and death

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scrubbing his name from the ring? Pulling the offer? That isn't an overreaction to you? JFC, it is football and it is a college aged son... It aint life and death
Dummy, you just replied to the wrong post.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I agree that it's not life and death but the optics are pretty poor. Yes, it's only a game but that's UGA. I'd cut off a limb before I wore anything UGA.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt supporting his kid, and people get up in arms. I hate Georgia, fcking hate Georgia... But Emmitt is an all-time gator. But he is a father first at this point in his career. If he is on a visit with his boy, he is doing things to support his boy. Has no barring on this ability to be a great gator. fck, the fact this is even being conversed....

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016

I don’t know if Dooley was making an intentional play to humiliate UF fans, but I can confirm it was my intention to do so when I posted the picture of #22 and Smart.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if Dooley was making an intentional play to humiliate UF fans, but I can confirm it was my intention to do so when I posted the picture of #22 and Smart.

:mac: - Foley hired this guy, not sure you can post anything to one up that

but, you get this for trying -
giphy.gif
XM88zLE.gif

Last edited:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Captain Obvious

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You can't write fanboy posts like that and then turn around and pretend like Bielema's sole purpose in your world is to show how pathetic Mac is.

I find the deep attraction quite disturbing.
It was a random name I chose to use as a measuring stick for Foley's piss poor choice.....The funny part is that most everyone on here thought Mac was the cats meow and carried the argument to insane levels to which I gladly obliged their stupidity by proving over and over again that despite their love of "riding the Mac train":lol3::lol3::lol3: and using Big Mac avatar's :jerkit:,he was a con man of a coach, a liar, and worst of all set UF football back 4 to 5 years with his mis management and lying about WG....

I find it disturbing so many took so long to jump off the Big Mac Express....Do you?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
We need a poll that ask does Emmit deserve a bronze statue. The answer is of course he does. The man is the all time leading rusher in the NFL and will forever be the all time leading and we haven't done a damn thing to take advantage of it. Furthermore we have a growing and festering image as a bunch of white elitist and statues of Emmit and Wilbur may heal some of that. And while I rant let me say the way Foley chose to display the three Heisman winners statues is the tackiest thing I have ever seen, they should be displayed individually with Emmits and Wilburs along the full length of the outside of the West stands.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Emmitt never got the respect he deserved by UF. Playing only three seasons may have hurt his long term rep. More importantly he was quickly overshadowed by the HBC and the “fun-n-gun”. He did come back and graduate to his credit. IMO he was a great football player (best RB ever) but never a great ambassador for UF. Who is too blame for this? Well yes the answer is Foley. The PR machine never embraced him while he played in the NFL. He should be one of the grandfathers of modern UF football. Its not too late.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if Dooley was making an intentional play to humiliate UF fans
Mehhhhh, not nearly as humiliating as having a trophy case that includes nothing but February Championships for the last 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.