GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Florida recruiting: News & notes from Day 1 of Under Armour All-America week

By Zach Abolverdi SEC Country Staff
December 30, 2017

ORLANDO — Saturday was media day for the 2018 Under Armour All-America Game.

Florida has five commits and several targets competing in Orlando this week. Here are the news and notes from Day 1:

• Florida quarterback signee Emory Jones is ready to recruit for the Gators this week. “I take a lot of ownership in that,” he said. “I have to lead the class and bring a lot of guys in that can change the program. I feel like this class will be the class to actually do it.” Jones said his top targets are wide receivers Jacob Copeland, Tommy Bushand Justyn Ross and offensive tackles Nicholas Petit-Frere and Richard Gouraige, a Florida commit. Jones on the receivers: “I know all of them except Tommy. I’ve talked to him over the phone, but I’ve never met him in person. Justyn Ross, I think I have a little time to get with him. I know he’s still with Alabama and Auburn, but I feel like I can talk my talk and get him to Gainesville. Jacob, I was at Alabama with him and a couple camps. I feel very confident in him. I’ve thrown with him and Justyn a couple times.”
  • Copeland said his final three visits will be to Texas A&M (Jan. 19), Alabama (Jan. 26) and Florida (Feb. 2). He plans to make his decision on National Signing Day and said it’s basically a three-team race at this time. “I know Florida, ‘Bama, Tennessee … it’s really going to come down to those three. I’m going to take a visit to Texas A&M to see things with Jimbo [Fisher] and the new staff.”
  • Ross said the signing of Jones will help Florida’s chances with him. He’s giving some late consideration to UF and has spoken with coach Dan Mullen and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales. “I may set up a visit in January with the Gators, but I don’t know for sure yet,” Ross said. His top schools are Alabama, Auburn and Clemson.
  • Auburn, Florida and Georgia are the finalists for 4-star receiver Anthony Schwartz, who also announces Thursday. Schwartz said he’s already informed the winning school. Florida had been the favorite for the nation’s fastest recruit, but the Tigers became his top team in November and they’re the favorite to land him next week. Despite his upcoming decision, Schwartz said he may visit Florida in January to get a better feel for the new coaches. “It’s just about having a good relationship,” he said when asked what it will take for the Gators to regain their lead. “That’s what I had with the old coaching staff. I knew everyone on staff. When they all got replaced, it just kind of hurts my relationship with Florida and that brings me closer to another school.”
  • Former Gators wide receiver commit Ja’Marr Chase said he will consider visiting UF next month. However, he doesn’t have a relationship with the staff and admits that Florida isn’t really a factor right now. “On Jan. 26, I’m going to probably [visit] Florida. I want to go up there. I like going up to Florida. It’s a great place to be. I fell in love with it when I committed there. … It’s just about me getting to know the coaches. I’ve got to get comfortable with Coach Mullen.” Chase has trips scheduled to LSU (Jan. 12) and Auburn (Jan. 19). He won’t visit any schools for the final weekend and plans to make his decision on signing day.
  • Florida tried to land a visit from 4-star receiver Justin Watkins, but he’s content with his final schools. Watkins will decide on Thursday between Alabama and LSU. “Coach Mullen told me he wanted me to stay home. They wanted me to visit, but I’m not. I grew up 20 minutes away. I want to go see something different. I don’t want to be in the same environment. All my family is right there and I don’t want to be distracted by a lot of people.”
  • Petit-Frere didn’t offer much insight into his recruitment Saturday, but the 5-star offensive tackle hasn’t lost interest in the Gators despite the coaching changes. “It’s still Florida. It’s still a great football program. I’m just researching the new coaches and what’s going on there, what’s changing and what’s the same.” Petit-Frere has three official visits remaining, but doesn’t know where he will go yet. Florida is being considered for one of those trips along with Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State and others. Petit-Frere likely will decide on signing day and already has visited Michigan and Notre Dame.

Read the rest here: https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...er-armour-day-1/amp?__twitter_impression=true

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Day 2 notes from Crucial:

Florida has five commits and several targets competing in Orlando this week. Here are the news and notes from Day 2:

• Gators quarterback signee Emory Jones is on the same team (Highlight) as Florida WR targets Jacob Copeland and Tommy Bush. He connected with both of them in the passing game and threw a pair of touchdowns in the red zone on Sunday. “I didn’t have any jitters,” Jones said. “I came out here to have fun and that’s what I tried to do. I got a feel for some of the guys I’m going to be playing with this week and hopefully at Florida, too.”
https://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi/status/947508042395987968

• Copeland was one of the top performers at his position. He has recovered from his ankle injury last month and had no trouble getting open against an All-American secondary. “It felt good to be back,” he said. “I was out there bouncing around and running well. Whoever wants it, line it up.” Copeland caught passes from Jones at the Future 50 camp last year and enjoying playing with him Sunday. “It was a good experience once again. He throw a couple good passes that I caught. He’s a great quarterback and I know he wants me to be one of his go-to guys at Florida.”
https://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi/status/947501642366242817

• Bush had one of the best catches of the day and it’s clear why he’s a priority for the UF new staff. The top-200 overall receiver towers over defensive backs and has surprising speed for his size. He runs a sub-4.5 40-yard dash at 6-foot-5, 191 pounds. Bush has two official visits remaining after taking trips to Georgia, Michigan State and Nebraska this fall. Florida is in the running for one of his final visits along with Baylor, Notre Dame and Ole Miss. Bush is considering the Gators because of his relatiosnhip with head coach Dan Mullen, wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales and quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson. “We had been talking to Mississippi State a lot and when they moved to Florida they contacted us immediately. … For that, we had to consider them.”

Gerry Hamilton

✔@HamiltonESPN

#ESPN300 WR @TheTommyBush11 receiving some early praise at Under Armour @AllAmericaGame day 1. High ceiling prospect here. #UGA #MichiganState #Sicem #Nebraska

• Gators commit Richard Gouraige and 5-star recruit Nicholas Petit-Frere split reps at left tackle and looked like future SEC starters. They won the majority of their reps and both linemen rebounded after getting beat. The Tampa, Fla., products are priority recruits for Mullen and offensive line coach John Hevesy. Gouraige plans to official visit Auburn and Clemson in January before making a final decision on his recruitment. Florida is one of several schools trying to secure an official vist from Petit-Frere, who will likely commit on National Signing Day.

Zach Abolverdi

✔@ZachAbolverdi

Top-100 OT Richard Gouraige (@richardg813) in 1-on-1s.

Zach Abolverdi

✔@ZachAbolverdi

5-star OT @NicholasPetit

• The Under Armour All-America Game roster features a pair of Gators linebacker targets in Alabama commit Quay Walker and Kentucky commit Xavier Peters. Walker is not doing interviews at this time, but plans to official visit Florida on Jan. 12. Peters plans to visit the following weekend. Walker is Florida’s top target at the position and played well in the opening practice, showing he has the versatility to line up at multiple LB spots.
  • Florida signee Trey Dean is listed as a safety by every recruiting service. However, the 4-star DB is playing cornerback for Team Highlight and looked impressive on Sunday. Dean had multiple pass breakups and showed that he can guard the likes of Copeland and Bush. At 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds, Dean is a tall corner with great athleticism and ball skills. The early enrollee has the ability to help the Gators with their needs at the position.
Gerry Hamilton

✔@HamiltonESPN

#ESPN300 CB & #Florida #Gators signee @__TD3 (Trey Dean) ... 1st Under Armour @AllAmericaGame practice.

10:19 AM - Dec 31, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

• A new cornerback target for Florida is top-50 overall prospect Olaijah Griffin, who is the son of rap artist Warren G. He recieved an offer from UF on Sunday and has scheduled an official visit for Feb. 2. “I’m interested in Florida,” he said. “I know it’s D.B.U., but I want to go check out the school and see if I like it. I’ve never been there before, so I’m looking forward to visiting.” The former UCLA commit said he will also take trips to Auburn, Michigan and Southern Cal in January.
G-CHILD@OlaijahGriffin

Blessed to say I’ve been offered a scholarship to play football at The University of Florida
1f40a.png
#GoGators #ChompChomp #DBU

7:28 PM - Dec 31, 2017

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top100 QB Matt Corral opens up on what went wrong with Florida
During check-in at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, four-star quarterback and Ole Miss signee Matt Corral opened up about what led to his de-commitment from Florida.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ral-opens-up-on-what-went-wrong-with-florida/

SAN ANTONIO — When all was said and done, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly four-star quarterback Matt Corral had a pretty wild recruiting process.

The 6-2, 196-pounder committed to USC back on Feb. 5, 2016 and was done. His process was completely shutdown and he wanted to be a Trojan. However, things happened and he and USC parted ways.

On July 22, Corral found his new home in Gainesville and committed to Florida. Once again, his process was over. He was ready to sign with the Gators, if he could have at the time, and turn his attention solely on his senior season.

Once again, things changed. Head coach Jim McElwain was fired and Florida brought in Dan Mullen as its new head coach. So, what went wrong between Corral and Florida?

Shortly after taking the job, reports surfaced that Mullen was taking a visit to the Peach State to visit five-star Georgia quarterback commit Justin Fields, not Corral, his quarterback commit. However, in the end, that wasn’t what pushed Corral away from the Gators.

During check-in at the 2018 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, he opened up about the fallout with the Florida staff and what led to his eventual commitment to Ole Miss.

“It’s not the fact that they went to visit other quarterbacks, but it was the fact that I didn’t get hit up, or a call, three weeks into it,” said Corral. “I know people will say, ‘Oh, they didn’t want you.’ That’s not true. I was going to sign the papers that day, the day they told me I was the guy. So, I got the feeling that I was the guy only because nobody else wanted to be and I was just the backup. It doesn’t really matter to me, but it was about where I genuinely wanted to be and where I was genuinely wanted. I was stuck on the fence. Yeah, coach Mullen could develop me into a quarterback, but if I really want to go where I want to go, I’m going to get there. Not having a certain coach isn’t going to stop me from going where I want to be.”

Corral wanted to be at Florida. He was genuine when he said his recruitment was over. He recruited hard for the Gators and was very much looking forward to his time in Gainesville. However, in the end, it was a lack of trust that pushed him away.

“Coach Billy Gonzales came and it was more like he was trying to be a car salesman,” said Corral of the Gators assistant. “They were more trying to sell me something than, ‘We want you,’ type, if that makes sense. I guess you could say, not taking this the wrong way, but just, I don’t want to say fake, but more along the lines of that. I just didn’t believe what they were saying.”

Even after all that, Corral still wanted to be at Florida. He decided that he’d inform the coaching staff that he’ll stick with his pledge and become a Gator. However, after continued conversations with the staff, something didn’t sit right with him. On the flip side, his trust in Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke and the belief that he is as genuine as they come, is what separated the Rebels.

“I told Florida I’m the guy. Don’t recruit anyone. I said we’re done,” said Corral. “Coach Mullen said ‘We’re done recruiting. You’re out quarterback. You’re our guy.’ Alright, set. I’m thinking about it all night and it just didn’t sit right with me. I just felt like I didn’t make the right decision. I called Florida the day coach Luke came by. They were hitting me up when coach Luke was there, but I wasn’t really responding because he was there. I hit Florida up later that night, but nobody picked up. I don’t know if they felt something was going to happen, but none of them picked up. So, I sent them a text saying thank you for all of this and everything, then I de-committed and committed to Ole miss.”

Corral put pen to paper during the early signing period and is officially set to attend Ole Miss as an early enrollee in January. So, what did he learn throughout the recruiting process? A lot.

“You learn a lot, for sure. I learned a lot over the past few months. The last few months were crucial,” said Corral. “What did I learn? You can’t trust. You’re going to have a ton of people pulling on you and tugging on you and in the end, you have to trust your gut.”

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
During check-in at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, four-star quarterback and Ole Miss signee Matt Corral opened up about what led to his de-commitment from Florida.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ral-opens-up-on-what-went-wrong-with-florida/

SAN ANTONIO — When all was said and done, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly four-star quarterback Matt Corral had a pretty wild recruiting process.

The 6-2, 196-pounder committed to USC back on Feb. 5, 2016 and was done. His process was completely shutdown and he wanted to be a Trojan. However, things happened and he and USC parted ways.

On July 22, Corral found his new home in Gainesville and committed to Florida. Once again, his process was over. He was ready to sign with the Gators, if he could have at the time, and turn his attention solely on his senior season.

Once again, things changed. Head coach Jim McElwain was fired and Florida brought in Dan Mullen as its new head coach. So, what went wrong between Corral and Florida?

Shortly after taking the job, reports surfaced that Mullen was taking a visit to the Peach State to visit five-star Georgia quarterback commit Justin Fields, not Corral, his quarterback commit. However, in the end, that wasn’t what pushed Corral away from the Gators.

During check-in at the 2018 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, he opened up about the fallout with the Florida staff and what led to his eventual commitment to Ole Miss.

“It’s not the fact that they went to visit other quarterbacks, but it was the fact that I didn’t get hit up, or a call, three weeks into it,” said Corral. “I know people will say, ‘Oh, they didn’t want you.’ That’s not true. I was going to sign the papers that day, the day they told me I was the guy. So, I got the feeling that I was the guy only because nobody else wanted to be and I was just the backup. It doesn’t really matter to me, but it was about where I genuinely wanted to be and where I was genuinely wanted. I was stuck on the fence. Yeah, coach Mullen could develop me into a quarterback, but if I really want to go where I want to go, I’m going to get there. Not having a certain coach isn’t going to stop me from going where I want to be.”

Corral wanted to be at Florida. He was genuine when he said his recruitment was over. He recruited hard for the Gators and was very much looking forward to his time in Gainesville. However, in the end, it was a lack of trust that pushed him away.

“Coach Billy Gonzales came and it was more like he was trying to be a car salesman,” said Corral of the Gators assistant. “They were more trying to sell me something than, ‘We want you,’ type, if that makes sense. I guess you could say, not taking this the wrong way, but just, I don’t want to say fake, but more along the lines of that. I just didn’t believe what they were saying.”

Even after all that, Corral still wanted to be at Florida. He decided that he’d inform the coaching staff that he’ll stick with his pledge and become a Gator. However, after continued conversations with the staff, something didn’t sit right with him. On the flip side, his trust in Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke and the belief that he is as genuine as they come, is what separated the Rebels.

“I told Florida I’m the guy. Don’t recruit anyone. I said we’re done,” said Corral. “Coach Mullen said ‘We’re done recruiting. You’re out quarterback. You’re our guy.’ Alright, set. I’m thinking about it all night and it just didn’t sit right with me. I just felt like I didn’t make the right decision. I called Florida the day coach Luke came by. They were hitting me up when coach Luke was there, but I wasn’t really responding because he was there. I hit Florida up later that night, but nobody picked up. I don’t know if they felt something was going to happen, but none of them picked up. So, I sent them a text saying thank you for all of this and everything, then I de-committed and committed to Ole miss.”

Corral put pen to paper during the early signing period and is officially set to attend Ole Miss as an early enrollee in January. So, what did he learn throughout the recruiting process? A lot.

“You learn a lot, for sure. I learned a lot over the past few months. The last few months were crucial,” said Corral. “What did I learn? You can’t trust. You’re going to have a ton of people pulling on you and tugging on you and in the end, you have to trust your gut.”
I can respect that. He made the right decision. Mullens O would be a horrible fit for him.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Looks like it played out pretty much like we all thought it did. Mullen made it known (not so subtly) right from the start that he wasn't his guy. Lucky for us it worked out OK.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I can respect it as well. I just can't understand it. What exactly did he say?
Mullen told Matty his teeth needed whitening. Matty started singing "I want you to want me". Mullen told him that he doesn't do sharks. Matty said "kewl" and moved on.
That's what my source told me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: News & notes from Day 3 of Under Armour All-America week

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-under-armour-day-3

ORLANDO — Recruits had to brave the elements Monday during the second practice for the 2018 Under Armour All-America Game.

It was a cold, rainy day at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and the weather worsened over the course of practice.

Florida has five commits and several targets competing in Orlando this week. Here are the news and notes from Day 3:

• Florida DB signee Trey Dean was the top performer Monday among the future Gators. He has been the most physical cornerback in Orlando this week and his cover skills are elite. Dean had an interception and was aggressive in the secondary all day. He drove 5-star wide receiver Devon Williams out of bounds on one play and also got into a scuffle with top-100 WR Jalen Preston (see below). “They told me he was too big and strong, so I had to find out,” Dean said of the fight. “It’s a dog-eat-dog mentality and the bigger dog is going to win. That’s what I came here for.”
Trey Dean and Jalen Preston getting after it in 1on1’s at UA Practice #Gators pic.twitter.com/kOg6Lml9sA

— CONNER (@CJ_Clarke1) January 1, 2018

• The weather created issues Monday for most of the quarterbacks, including Gators signee Emory Jones. He and others made some erratic throws and sailed a few balls as the rain and wind picked up in the afternoon. Jones did connect with Florida WR target Jacob Copeland for a 40-yard touchdown and had another potential TD-pass dropped by 4-star tight end Malcolm Epps.
  • Nicholas Petit-Frere showed why 247Sports has him ranked as the nation’s No. 1 tackle and No. 5 overall recruit. After showing flashes of his mean streak in the opening practice, Petit-Frere took his game to another level Monday and was dominant in drills. He won back-to-back reps against top-100 defensive end Jordan Davis and tossed the Alabama signee to the ground.
  • Alabama commit Quay Walker had another solid day at linebacker and made a nice stop on a screen play. After practice, Walker discussed his recruitment with SEC Country and revealed his official visit plans. The Gators will host Walker on Jan. 12 and they have a strong shot at flipping him. He is “unsure” about his pledge to the Crimson Tide and called Florida his dream school on Monday. Walker didn’t like Florida’s defense under former coordinator Randy Shannon, but said he’s a fan of Todd Grantham’s 3-4 scheme. “That’s my style of play,” he said. “I run it in high school, so it will be easy to pick up on.” Walker said the determining factor in his recruitment is finding a coach he can trust and talk to about anything, so he wants to spend time with Florida’s new defensive coordinator on his visit. “I text him and he seems pretty cool,” Walker said of Grantham. “I think I’ll understand him better when I get up there and talk to him more. That’s going to play a big role in it.”
  • Dean wasn’t the only cornerback who impressed Monday. Top-50 overall recruit Olaijah Griffin also had a stellar performance, finishing with an interception and a few pass breakups. He received an offer from the Gators on Sunday night and said he will officially visit Florida on Feb. 2. Griffin spoke with new UF defensive backs coach Charlton Warren and said he was “shocked” by the offer. The former UCLA commit is from Mission Viejo, Calif., and has Southern California in his top 5. However, Griffin said proximity to home doesn’t matter to him and he’s willing to leave the West Coast for an SEC school. Tennessee currently leads for him and Auburn is also one of his finalists. “After going to Tennessee and seeing what it’s like out there, I was like, ‘Man, SEC is way different than California.’ I was feeling it.”

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t want to say fake, but more along the lines of that.
... says the guy who faked out USC, UF, ?,

his trust in Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke and the belief that he is as genuine as they come, is what separated the Rebels.
... plus that honest program is separated from several schollies, from post-season play and plentiful TV exposure.

in the end, you have to trust your gut.”
... well, if his guts are in his end, he should've signed with Meyer. Shelly's already on-call for 911.

I truly like Trey's aggressive attitude. He incorrectly mentioned that it was "dog eat dog" on the field. Somebody should tweet this to him =

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep five-star offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere roared back with a stellar performance Monday after solid showing during the first workout of the week. The 6-foot-5, 270-pound Petit-Frere played much more aggression during the second practice and used his elite athleticism to stymie pass rushers. One of Petit-Frere’s highlight plays was when he slung Alabama defensive end signee Jordan Davis to the ground. The potential that Petit-Frere showed on Monday is why 247Sports ranks him as the nation’s No. 1 offensive tackle.

NEXT FIVE ON OFFENSE

1. WR Justin Shorter: The Penn State signee was very much in discussion for ‘Alpha Dog’ honors after an impressive one-handed touchdown catch during red zone work and long catch where he went over top of the cornerback.

2. OL Tommy Brown: The Alabama signee moved from tackle to guard on Monday, where he had significantly more success.

3. TE Brevin Jordan: The Miami signee had the play of the day, a one-handed snag up the seam for a touchdown. Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound prospect out of Las Vegas, Nev., is a reliable target that is athletic enough to create separation from linebackers and safeties in coverage.

4. RB Maurice Washington: The 6-foot, 175-pound Cedar Hill (Texas) Trinity Christian

5. QB Joey Gatewood: It was a wet and windy day, but the Auburn signee was able to throw the ball the best of all the quarterbacks on Monday. However, it was the 6-foot-4, 235-pounder’s running ability that really impressed

TOP FIVE ON DEFENSE

1. DE Eyabi Anoma: Alabama

2. CB Trey Dean: It was another strong performance for the Florida signee, who was able to come up with an interception. Through two days of practice, it’s clear Dean is not afraid to mix it up with receivers, which resulted in a fight on Monday. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound prospect’s length certainly helps when in coverage.

3. CB Olaijah Griffin: The former UCLA commit certainly made a case for the top overall defensive back on Monday, nipping at Dean’s heals. The California native had his own interception as well as pass breakups on the day. Griffin’s quickness and aggressive play gives receivers fits trying to shake free. (I HOPE HE CHOOSES UF)

4. S Quindarious Monday: The Auburn signee brings good size to the back end of the defense at 6-foot-3, 190-pounder.

5. DE Jayson Oweh: The Blairstown (N.J.) Blair Academy product took over a portion of the scrimmage on Monday.

UF Prospect
— Wide receiver Justyn Ross had a good showing during one-on-ones making tough, contested catches. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound is a big target for quarterbacks to throw to.

https://247sports.com/Article/Day-2-Under-Armour-All-American-Top-Performers-113032520

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
  • Florida DB signee Trey Dean was the top performer Monday among the future Gators. He has been the most physical cornerback in Orlando this week and his cover skills are elite. Dean had an interception and was aggressive in the secondary all day. He drove 5-star wide receiver Devon Williams out of bounds on one play and also got into a scuffle with top-100 WR Jalen Preston (see below). “They told me he was too big and strong, so I had to find out,” Dean said of the fight. “It’s a dog-eat-dog mentality and the bigger dog is going to win. That’s what I came here for.”
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-under-armour-day-3

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Quay Walker
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Walker also poked the ball out of tight end Brevin Jordan’s hands on a crossing route. Walker looks to be the best athlete of the linebackers in the game.

1. OT Nicholas Petit-Frere: The five-star out of Florida continued play at a high-level on Tuesday. The 6-foot-5, 270-pound Petit-Frere is an elite athlete at left tackle that can handle speed rushes and can reset quickly to stuff counter moves. Petit-Frere continues to play with high-energy and aggression throughout the day.

• Penn State got a monster in Justin short. Unstoppable.
  • It's ridiculous that fsu got Samuel and lytton in the same class.
2. CB Asante Samuel Jr.: The Florida State signee was very active on Tuesday recording several pass breakups. The 5-foot-9, 170-pound prospects is quick and competes for the ball until the very end of the play. Samuel also came up with an interception where he simply undercut the route during seven-on-seven play.

3. CB Anthony Lytton: The Florida State signee continues to stay attached to receivers. The 5-foot-10, 175-pounder is another that doesn’t have elite size, but his quickness and tenacious playing style help him compete against better receivers.

Making some noise:
4. WR Anthony Schwartz: The speedy track star had his best day of the week on Tuesday, which included perhaps the day’s best play. Schwartz went over the top of cornerback Chandler Jones in the corner of the end zone on a fade to snatch the ball for the score. Schwartz earlier used a nifty double move to shake free for a long touchdown in one-on-ones.

5. Phenix City (Ala.) Central four-star WR Justyn Ross continues to impress during one-on-ones. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound target is able to create separation to give his quarterbacks easy throws.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...l-America-top-performers-from-day-3-113101482

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didnt call him for three weeks while openly recruiting many other guys.

It says it all.

I had this girlfriend in middle school. She didnt call me for three weeks but spent her time interviewing other candidates. I figured it out, too.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Penn State has some monster skill players in Slade and Shorter. They will be dominating the Big10 in short order.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They were showing the All-American Skills challenge after the Gator game last night on ESPN 2, fun stuff.

GatorCrunch

Nov 20, 2014
Emory Jones may be downgraded after his underwhelming performance at
The quarterbacks looked a bit better today despite the windy conditions, although Florida signee
Emory Jones
still struggled. I can’t figure out what’s wrong with Jones, but his feet are the main culprit as his footwork is inconsistent. He’s either overstriding and sailing the ball or not stepping into his throw and skipping it in the dirt. And on short passes, the Florida signee isn’t showing much touch. He got more reps today because
Jacob Sirmon
was injured and sat out practice, but it didn’t seem to help.

3. Five whose stock is dropping
QB
Emory Jones
– The one-time five-star quarterback has really struggled all week long and doesn’t look like the same guy we scouted a year ago for whatever reason. His senior season was solid, but he hasn’t taken a step forward like some others in this class.
https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-stock-up-stock-down-and-more-from-under-armour

I actually think Corral will turn out to be a better QB and have a better college and NFL career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb