Under Armor All American Game Thread

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Dan Mullen has averaged 3,140 yards passing a season since 2005.

I get what you're saying about setting up the pass but I watched him take Chris Leak and make him functional passer in his offense. I think you over estimate how much we need a "runner" at QB
And that year in '06 we probably lose a couple without tebow running. So i totally disagree with this statement. Mullen's offense is centered around a power running QB. Also it's not like Mullen was the HC in '06. I don't like Urban but it sounds like people are getting overly hyped for Mullen and claiming all the success under Urban was due to Mullen. The hype needs to be tempered a little bit. I want to be excited too. I feel better about this hire than I originally did. Can we all stop acting like Mullen is the savior until we see it? The message boards have looked the same since urban left. People get excited for muschamp, mcelwain and now Mullen and ignore their shortcomings. The pumpers ignore the shortcomings until way past the time the first two HCs needed to be fired and it put the program further in a hole.
I was thinking about the potential for Gatewood in this offense and it probably would be perfect for him. Gatewood is physically ready to play next year. I have serious doubts about EJ starting or playing next year. I think it's probably still going to be Franks. Toney would be injured in a couple series probably if he was going to play QB here. I'm worried he's probably one of those players that's always going to be injured half the season or more until his career here is over. Otherwise I think Toney would at least be able to move the chains with his running ability.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mullen made it clear his offense depends on the abilities of his players and his QB. It is a new day in Hogtown. Once again I am hopeful my new coach can lead us to glory. I will support him until he is NOT my coach. Go gators.................

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Ummm, I don’t think s Idaho tech is real. Pretty sure donkey made it up as a generic directional school joke.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Deion is a dirty Nole, sandbagging is in their DNA. I hope he accepts a coaching job at the SOW and Emory hangs 100 on his azz.

God I hope they hire that clown! He’s such a narcissistic jackazz and he strikes me as somebody that won’t put much effort into his coaching. Plus, because he’s in his 50’s, I’m not sure his name recognition as a great cover corner is very high amongst recruits in this day and age. I think he’ll be a complete flop!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ummm, I don’t think s Idaho tech is real. Pretty sure donkey made it up as a generic directional school joke.
You can rest assured if S Idaho Tech WERE real, we would have stolen their future third string QB or something.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Or I’m just slow. I totally didn’t detect any sarcasm, sorry. You had me worried there for a sec...

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Oh I remember 2006 very well, it definitely was not a well oiled machine on offense, it was frustrating to watch. However, I went into every game thinking we were going to win, probably due to the stout defense and special teams. And I knew we were going to beat the **** out of the nuts in the NC....we were battle tested and proven, the nuts were praised all year for nothing IMO.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I remember 2006 very well, it definitely was not a well oiled machine on offense, it was frustrating to watch. However, I went into every game thinking we were going to win, probably due to the stout defense and special teams. And I knew we were going to beat the **** out of the nuts in the NC....we were battle tested and proven, the nuts were praised all year for nothing IMO.
This is pretty much exactly how I and I suspect most others felt. I was never too concerned when our offense was struggling b/c our defense and ST play was always so spectacular and would always seem to make game-changing plays at crucial moments. I too just knew we were gonna win that game and was so pumped that evening leading up to it. A lot of folks around me were pretty skeptical but after about 8 mins into the game a bunch of those folks started having that excited look in their eyes. That was a great night. I'll never forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator