Update: DT Coynis Miller is staying in-state

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The East is weak is all I was saying. There's probably some algorithm you could create taking into account SOS/home vs away/etc. I will agree that all you can do is look at the data. We'd both agree(I think)that the last two defenses were light years better than this year but both were skull screwed by Bama.
Nothing to argue with here except that"light years" may be a bit over the top. Although we are currently third, and may fall after TAMU, we are far behind Bama and UGA.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to argue with here except that"light years" may be a bit over the top. Although we are currently third, and may fall after TAMU, we are far behind Bama and UGA.
2016 - we finished 8th in total D
2017 - currently 55th through the easy part of our schedule

Again, I think we finish 75th or worse.

If that's not light years worse I don't know what is...

From BMF's thread...

The Gators have allowed 24.2 points per game through the first five contests. Florida has finished just one season since 1971 with a higher scoring defense, in 2007 when the team allowed 25.5 per game after replacing 10 starters from a national championship squad.

Light years dude.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

From BMF's thread...

The Gators have allowed 24.2 points per game through the first five contests. Florida has finished just one season since 1971 with a higher scoring defense, in 2007 when the team allowed 25.5 per game after replacing 10 starters from a national championship squad.

Light years dude.
Don't agree with light years,, but 2007 is the right year to compare. Both years replacing a lot of grads with young players. This year's three stars are stacking up pretty well with the 2007 four and five stars.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

From BMF's thread...

Light years dude.
And yet...were fixing to add more 3* players on that side of the ball so it's going to be like this for awhile I'm afraid. Shannon recruited the exact same way during his head coaching tenure at Miami and we saw how that worked out!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

From BMF's thread...

Light years dude.
Ready to concede yet? UF defense just held highly rated A&M to 140 fewer yds than their average and 40 yds less than Bama. Light years! Yeah, you called it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
And yet...were fixing to add more 3* players on that side of the ball so it's going to be like this for awhile I'm afraid. Shannon recruited the exact same way during his head coaching tenure at Miami and we saw how that worked out!
See my previous post. Our offense is putrid, but you are dead wrong on defense. Get it right now; it will only get worse.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Did we fall after TAMU? Didn't think so. Also notice that we handled TAMU better than Bama did. It's on the offense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ready to concede yet? UF defense just held highly rated A&M to 140 fewer yds than their average and 40 yds less than Bama. Light years! Yeah, you called it.

Nice. At least you are a sharp poster. I respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.