UPDATE!!! My boys can swim! New Gator On the Way!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n202820 said:
lol no, his hands were up by his face the whole time, he kept hiding like that through the whole 20 minutes. they gave us a really cool 3d shot of his face with his hands in little fists up by his cheeks. its super cool. Stop hating on my boy wobbs! :wink:

I'm not hating. I just think it would be funny if you had the room all decorated for a boy, and then got a girl instead. :bwahaha:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n202858 said:
WTF? Are you hoping you have a chance?

No....just wanted to know if the kid was going to be a Durty Bastard or not :dance:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n202868 said:
No....just wanted to know if the kid was going to be a Durty Bastard or not :dance:

hahaha, yea I'm married. But he'll be a little durty though :)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's awesome Durty. You have so much to look forward to. Next you need to have a little girl so Tim can grow up kicking all the guys asses that give his lilltle sister a hard time.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Huge congrats. My oldest daughter is 8 and she woke me up this morning by bringing me a fresh cup of coffee. Train them right Durty.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks guys! My wife is now warmed up to the idea of little Malachi, shes referring to him by name now :)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n204259 said:
Thanks guys! My wife is now warmed up to the idea of little Malachi, shes referring to him by name now :)

I hope Michelle is born healthy. :giggle:

Dec 10, 2014
Congrats Durty. Don't ever let him get corrupted by gatorchatter. Not sure how far along your wife is but the second trimester is a lot better than the first. My wife had a lot more energy in the second and no nausea. Even as she got bigger. Enjoy the first 3-6 months as much as humanely possible. Once you start getting into the third trimester, **** starts getting real.

One other piece of advice. Encourage her to have an all female baby shower and do a guy's weekend that week. If you have to do a guy/girl baby shower, then do a "huggies and chuggies" type situation. They actually can be fun.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I found the female "novelty" showers to be a real kneeslapper. Stay home for that one.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Congrats Durty! I have no frame of reference. My wife thought she would end up being the mom with all boys. Turns out I'm in the dads-with-just-girls club. At our 1st's ultrasound my wife clapped when we found out we're were having a girl. Second time around I was hoping for a girl so we wouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Conrgats. It changes your life in many (wonderful) ways that you may never have anticipated. I've got two, and they are the most awesomest thing ever to happen in my life.

MidwestChomp;n133570 said:
Not to discourage, but wait until 3. No such thing as the terrible twos. Three is very difficult. I've been told she takes after her mother at this age.

​
bradgator2;n135365 said:
We called that "the terrible twos", the "trying threes", and "the ****ing fours". With enough consistent discipline and stronger willpower than them... they turn out to be pretty fun at 5.

Yes, 3 was much worse than 2. Around 4-5 they started defining themselves, and from there things get much better.

Two thoughts:

1 - Getting a home run on your first at-bat is good, but sets a high bar for future efforts. Besides, in this sport, practice is where it's at.

2 - Do not EVER squat down at the changing table to see if you cleared away the diaper mess. Just use a wipe and see if it is clean. Not that I know from personal experience (twice), but squatting down for a look forces the child to have some pent up gas that explodes at the right moment to cover your face in baby poo. Not fun. Though, with the boy, you have the opportunity for a spray on the walls, the table, the parents, etc....so there is that. I'll say my boy never did that, so I guess I got off lucky.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
TLB;n205061 said:
2 - Do not EVER squat down at the changing table to see if you cleared away the diaper mess. Just use a wipe and see if it is clean. Not that I know from personal experience (twice), but squatting down for a look forces the child to have some pent up gas that explodes at the right moment to cover your face in baby poo. Not fun. Though, with the boy, you have the opportunity for a spray on the walls, the table, the parents, etc....so there is that. I'll say my boy never did that, so I guess I got off lucky.

My wife and I have a blackmail picture of our first daughter on the changing table with poo splatter all over the wall.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n205108 said:
My wife and I have a blackmail picture of our first daughter on the changing table with poo splatter all over the wall.

keep that thing handy, just in case! :wink:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pleased to see you put the stem on the apple. Girls are MUCH harder to raise, particularly when they hit the teenage years. Try not to have any daughters.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n206366 said:
I'm pleased to see you put the stem on the apple. Girls are MUCH harder to raise, particularly when they hit the teenage years. Try not to have any daughters.

I have a step daughter who is becoming a teenager. I can't wait until she goes away for college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.