Update on the Mike Locksley situation

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like if he gets a OC job offer he won't be coming to UF. He wants to call plays somewhere but it looks like Mac would rather stick with his 127th rated boy Nuss than give locks that opportunity.

http://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/What-I-know-on-Mike-Locksley-50131962

EDIT: You cannot post pay information from other boards. No problem with you sharing the gist of the information, but don't paste it or screenshot it. -Ox

Last edited by a moderator:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Your source that said all these coaches were getting canned needs to get punched in the face

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
:lol: :lol:

He kinda got you there, Marianna
He didn't get me...Newberg is put out this info. As for the "other coaches" he keeps bringing up the bowl game hasn't been played yet so we'll see what happens. As for the "needs to punched in the face" comment we couldn't melt that douche and pour him on me.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would tell locksley to kick rocks. How many offers does he expect to get?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, would he help in recruiting? Sure. But he's wanting to go from an analysts back to calling plays right off the bat. This is either BS or he's delusional.

Don't get me wrong we need all the help offensively we can get. But there's a reason he took an analyst job at Bamuh. Would be the same reason he'd take Co-OC at UF, pad that resume. If it helps us out in the meantime, great.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm stumped at this "having 2 chefs in the kitchen"concept. How do they decide which play gets played?
Do they debate, bicker, what? If seniority has any bearing, then same old same old. = we're screwed.
How in the hell will Mac be able to evaluate that Locksley is better than Nuss? Won't Nuss' main thought
be to thwart Locksley's contribution, to keep him from showing more effectiveness than Nuss himself?
Won't that mindset be conducive to a worse offense, to a bunch of confused, befuddled players?
Floviate please.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm stumped at this "having 2 chefs in the kitchen"concept. How do they decide which play gets played?
Do they debate, bicker, what? If seniority has any bearing, then same old same old. = we're screwed.
How in the hell will Mac be able to evaluate that Locksley is better than Nuss? Won't Nuss' main thought
be to thwart Locksley's contribution, to keep him from showing more effectiveness than Nuss himself?
Won't that mindset be conducive to a worse offense, to a bunch of confused, befuddled players?
Floviate please.

I see where you're coming from Rog. Definitely Nussy needs oversight. Mac should do that but Locksley or another competent coach may help there. Mac has issues all over that needs his attention. Both Locksley and Nussy will want to succeed. To thwart the other would show incompetence on their part. IF and I say IF Locksley is given the Co-OC title, that Nuss has been given an ultimatum. Many on here won't think so. Whether it be a talk or just bringing him in will say volumes to Nuss. If your the CEO, and you're company is at the bottom of the pack, and someone is brought in as a Co-CEO, you're an idiot if you don't get the message.

How they will handle it........Game plan together, Locksley recruit, improve the offense, Locksley recruit, and they'll coordinate on the plays that need to be run. Perhaps one in the booth. Did I say that Locksley needs to recruit? That my .02 but I think this is how it will play out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Guess the twofer might work if Nuss can see Locksley making Nuss look better i.e. Nuss getting the credit
for all the uptick?
If he'd come, how solid would the move be to bring in Kerwin Bell to co-OC? Can Bell recruit the state?
I don't know if in coaching at JU so many years earned Bell good cred for the state of Florida. A favorable
line of thought: many who played for Bell by now have sons in H.S. who might be better players than Dad?
Couldn't Locksley's yearn to advance from a Bama adviser/analyst position have caused him to take the
HC position at JU if it were offered?

If Mac were to discuss Bell with coach Spurrier, what do you think Steve's summary would be?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN is acting like he will be working with Sark next season.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Listen, would he help in recruiting? Sure. But he's wanting to go from an analysts back to calling plays right off the bat. This is either BS or he's delusional.
You know he was calling plays at Maryland for the past 3 years right? He's been either the offensive coordinator or a head coach since 2005. And he's a helluva recruiter.

I understand perfectly why he would hold out for an OC position.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You know he was calling plays at Maryland for the past 3 years right? He's been either the offensive coordinator or a head coach since 2005. And he's a helluva recruiter.

I understand perfectly why he would hold out for an OC position.

Yes I do know and very familiar with his career. I know he's a helluva recruiter, that's why we want him. I also know while calling plays at Maryland he was 22-34 under Edsall and 3-31 as a HC. He may well indeed hold out for an OC but still he's sitting behind a desk now, that's what I talking more about. Don't get me wrong, would love to have him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your source that said all these coaches were getting canned needs to get punched in the face
No, the guy who chose to hire and not to fire thse incompetent coaches needs to get punched in the face.

Butters has quit too. He likes to do that in the middle of November it seems. Football is very taxing.

Like every bad coach, he is digging in and continuing off the cliff.

His cockiness over his 4-5 loss seasons and his bewilderment that his seat is getting hot is amusing to watch.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can introduce you to him anytime and I bet 10 stacks you wouldn't do $hit but bi*ch up shake his hand while telling him thanks for the info :lol:
He's finished as OC...some are saying "AS SOON" as next week he'll be demoted or gone!

I believe anyone who's played or has studied the game knows Nuss has been terrible here (and everywhere else he's been) his play calling is atrocious 90% of the time and the ARK/FSU games apparently we're the final straws. I'll know more Sunday morning and I'll let everyone know what's up.

Not sure yet...just found out about this earlier today. As I stated earlier...he's out "as soon as next week" so it's set in stone in will be next week. But it's going to happen!

Nobody ever said anything about Sunday in the first place. What was said was..."AS SOON AS MONDAY"
Oh you mean this info? The info that Nuss is gone...set in Stone. Just go ahead and thank him for me now. What is he, a phucking Clinton?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
post-60154-VGHS-dis-gon-be-gud-gif-imgur-hOqK.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads