Update on the Mike Locksley situation

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Locksley doesn't want to jump on a sinking ship just to watch Nusschamp continue the course, I guess I don't blame him.

I'm sure he sees what everyone else sees, that this staff doesn't last another year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="this gonna be good"]https://media4.giphy.com/media/dnP2VxYVlW2NW/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Locksley doesn't want to jump on a sinking ship just to watch Nusschamp continue the course, I guess I don't blame him.

I'm sure he sees what everyone else sees, that this staff doesn't last another year.
It's pretty bad when you're getting slow played by quality control guy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is Steve Harvey your source by any chance?

steve-harvey-miss-universe-hed-2015.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It does beg the question...why come here for one year if you can stay at Bama until you get the gig you want?

It is possible that Mac is fired next year.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
My source keeps telling me we're fcked, and he's a swamp donkey who claims to be an attorney so he should know.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Guess the twofer might work if Nuss can see Locksley making Nuss look better i.e. Nuss getting the credit
for all the uptick?
If he'd come, how solid would the move be to bring in Kerwin Bell to co-OC? Can Bell recruit the state?
I don't know if in coaching at JU so many years earned Bell good cred for the state of Florida. A favorable
line of thought: many who played for Bell by now have sons in H.S. who might be better players than Dad?
Couldn't Locksley's yearn to advance from a Bama adviser/analyst position have caused him to take the
HC position at JU if it were offered?

If Mac were to discuss Bell with coach Spurrier, what do you think Steve's summary would be?

Rog, wtf are you talking about? What does Kerwin and JU have to do with any of this? And btw, Kerwin is at Valdosta State.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
All I know is Mac must make the worst sales pitch to recruits and potential coaching candidates. How the hell can the University of Florida not get anyone they want. Like a never ending nightmare.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Locksley doesn't want to jump on a sinking ship just to watch Nusschamp continue the course, I guess I don't blame him. I'm sure he sees what everyone else sees, that this staff doesn't last another year.

This is the key point. This could only be a one, or two, year gig if the staff does not turn around recruiting and beating ranked opponents.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rog, wtf are you talking about? What does Kerwin and JU have to do with any of this? And btw, Kerwin is at Valdosta State.

I know where Kerwin is. His first year there he went 8-3.
I want to know why, when we have terrible QB problems, terrible scoring problems, yet Bell is never brought
into consideration.?? I think his VSU HC salary is around $700,000. Wouldn't we pay much more for a combo
co-OC/QB coach?

His offensive stats, first year VSU:
34.6 ppgs
Passing yards/g = 310
Run yds/g = 116
TDs = in 11 games 43 ... 12 R ... 31 P
Red Zone scoring = 81%
And Bell is a Gator Great with an exspansive resume = SEC QB of high standing, NFL game experience and
backup QB NFL practice similation, OC/player Canadian football (likely tougher than college fb), HC/CEO+ of
JU, now HC Valdosta State.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I know where Kerwin is. His first year there he went 8-3.
I want to know why, when we have terrible QB problems, terrible scoring problems, yet Bell is never brought
into consideration.?? I think his VSU HC salary is around $700,000. Wouldn't we pay much more for a combo
co-OC/QB coach?

His offensive stats, first year VSU:
34.6 ppgs
Passing yards/g = 310
Run yds/g = 116
TDs = in 11 games 43 ... 12 R ... 31 P
Red Zone scoring = 81%
And Bell is a Gator Great with an exspansive resume = SEC QB of high standing, NFL game experience and
backup QB NFL practice similation, OC/player Canadian football (likely tougher than college fb), HC/CEO+ of
JU, now HC Valdosta State.
That's some good stuff, Rog. Certainly sounds like he ought to be on our coaching staff.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That's some good stuff, Rog. He certainly ought to be on our coaching staff.

I think the great unknown with Bell is his ability to recruit, I was never a big believer that he could come here and do great things. Now that we've had a terrible offense for like 7 years running, I'm definitely ready to let him have a crack at our offense now.I know our offensive talent is down, but are we less talented than Vandy or Kentucky, who have put up better numbers than us this year?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
All I know is Mac must make the worst sales pitch to recruits and potential coaching candidates. How the hell can the University of Florida not get anyone they want. Like a never ending nightmare.

While I somewhat agree that Mac is not much of a sales person at any level, UF can't get anyone they want for coaches for the same reasons no organization can get anyone they want. That is a combination of compensation, attractiveness, and personal taste. I used to think I would go work in Alaska for a couple of years for enough money, now I want to live only where it is warm.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the great unknown with Bell is his ability to recruit, I was never a big believer that he could come here and do great things. Now that we've had a terrible offense for like 7 years running, I'm definitely ready to let him have a crack at our offense now.I know our offensive talent is down, but are we less talented than Vandy or Kentucky, who have put up better numbers than us this year?
They're both more talented at the qb position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator