Update on the OL coach search

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've been told once again that Florida wants to have two hires made this week. They would like for those hires to be made soon this week so they're able to go out on the road. I do know that Mac spoke to Eagles OL coach Jeff Stoutland again over the weekend.
I'll continue to update everyone as I hear more.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've been told once again that Florida wants to have two hires made this week. They would like for those hires to be made soon this week so they're able to go out on the road. I do know that Mac spoke to Eagles OL coach Jeff Stoutland again over the weekend.
I'll continue to update everyone as I hear more.

Some people claimed a few days ago the choice has been made and it is Stoutland. Not sure how reliable their info is.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Some people claimed a few days ago the choice has been made and it is Stoutland. Not sure how reliable their info is.
I have heard the same from several people including my brother (who is a doctor at shands) but just like I told him I'll believe it when I see it! I really hope I'm wrong but I truly believe it will be Sale because I'm almost positive Stoutland stays put in Philly. I like Stoutland alot...he's a great coach but I'd still prefer Sliverfield over him by a wide margin and we could get him in the $400-$500k range. Dude has ties all over the state plus he's a young dynamic recruiter who is a dog on the trail and is a great coach to boot! He would absolutely kill it at UF!!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the updates. I am still looking for the one that says Nord is gone.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Franz Beard just mentioned two potential coaching prospects. Joe Wickline for OL and the WV RB coach.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
What I want to see is Skipper moved back to LB...

Bring in Seider and Stoutland; those guys would be massive upgrades in coaching and recruiting

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FWIW, Franz Beard just mentioned two potential coaching prospects. Joe Wickline for OL and the WV RB coach.

Franz Beard is so full of sh*t. He'll probably throw out 25 names....just in case one of them stick he'll say, "I told you so". Biggest homer Gator "writer" out there....in fact, most of his work is fiction!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What I want to see is Skipper moved back to LB...

Bring in Seider and Stoutland; those guys would be massive upgrades in coaching and recruiting

This makes much sense, and for that reason do we have faith it will happen?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I have heard the same from several people including my brother (who is a doctor at shands) but just like I told him I'll believe it when I see it! I really hope I'm wrong but I truly believe it will be Sale because I'm almost positive Stoutland stays put in Philly. I like Stoutland alot...he's a great coach but I'd still prefer Sliverfield over him by a wide margin and we could get him in the $400-$500k range. Dude has ties all over the state plus he's a young dynamic recruiter who is a dog on the trail and is a great coach to boot! He would absolutely kill it at UF!!!!

So the guy that would help us the most is the one we won't land, what's new. I'm sure Mac is on his 3rd choice by now, why else would it take this long to make a hire.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why would Wickline come back?
Apparently he's making something in the $300k range. So money, he's played here, coached here. Not sure why he left unless it was as part of the Zook purge

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So the guy that would help us the most is the one we won't land, what's new. I'm sure Mac is on his 3rd choice by now, why else would it take this long to make a hire.
I agree...we'll get the guy who helps us the least and I'm pretty sure it will be Sale. Sale/Butters are great friends and we all know Butters likes to take care of his friends!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Doesn't this about sum up the current state of our football program!
Bunch of cheap crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator