Update on the OL coach search

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Doesn't this about sum up the current state of our football program!
Now, if only our S&C coach can get our players in good enough condition to open the jar, without getting a sprain, for the weekly PB&J lunch with Butters.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I heard mac has hired the ex taste tester from peter pan peanut butter to be his personal assistant/ possible OL coach. What better thing to smash between a O-Lineman and D-Lineman than creamy peter pan peanut butter.

On another note out "insiders"/beat writers have been wrong more time's than I can count I don't believe anything anymore until it happens.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I saw in my local newspaper that Orange Park High School's offensive line coach was looking for a job.

Sorry. I understand the staff met it's quota on football....and basketball....coaches at this point and are looking for someone with experience coaching swimming, tennis, or volleyball. Got any leads?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Sorry. I understand the staff met it's quota on football....and basketball....coaches at this point and are looking for someone with experience coaching swimming, tennis, or volleyball. Got any leads?
There's a pretty good volleyball player at my local Y. Let me ask her if she's interested.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been told once again that Florida wants to have two hires made this week. They would like for those hires to be made soon this week so they're able to go out on the road. I do know that Mac spoke to Eagles OL coach Jeff Stoutland again over the weekend.
I'll continue to update everyone as I hear more.
Any updates? Are we really going to not have anything till after signing day?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Any updates? Are we really going to not have anything till after signing day?

Wondering the same thing. Is it possible that there is someone coaching that they are looking at that is in the NFL playoffs. If not, there's no excuse. Probably more like its someone within or Mac had no clue.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good news guys, I just got a call from Mac. After 30+ "no's" I'm proud to announce I said "yes." And don't worry about my bonafides, I'm so confident in my ability to develop OL that I could put my 11 mo. old daughter out there at LT and not expect a dropoff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franz Beard is so full of sh*t. He'll probably throw out 25 names....just in case one of them stick he'll say, "I told you so". Biggest homer Gator "writer" out there....in fact, most of his work is fiction!
FOS doesn't even begin to describe Franz Beard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Spivey is saying we'll have a coach in place today or tomorrow at the latest. Will update once I find out more!
lol, how many times have we heard this now? Must be holding our for the RB coach and OL coach from the Patriots.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FOS doesn't even begin to describe Franz Beard.

You know it, Law!! Were you ever a regular on gatorcountry? He literally walked on water over there and ate it up. He was untouchable and his word was God. Like I said, he throws a ton of sh*t at the side of the barn and whatever sticks he claims as "I called it!". It's ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator