Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Threat...you may be on to something ;)

LOL, yeah, whatever.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/kyle-pitts-justin-fields-florida

Justin Fields update
This week’s visit plans for the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback are still up in the air, according to a report.

Several outlets reported last week that 5-star QB Justin Fields would visit Alabama this Friday for its Champions Cookout.

But on Wednesday, Fields told 247Sports’ Rusty Mansell he was not sure of his plans yet and might visit Alabama, Florida or Florida State in the coming days.

Fields, the No. 3 overall prospect in the country, visited Auburn and Georgia last week and took trips to all five aforementioned schools in June. His decision could come as early as next month.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I think Fields just doesn't want to play the game in public. He took a few visits without letting anyone know (including one to Florida) before the press caught on. It's been said that he misleads everyone about his recruiting. I've seen comments where he acts like he's not sure which school he is going to visit the next weekend.

I think Fields probably knows where he is going to end up. Maybe the coaches at that school and Fields family also know. I think he is going to continue misleading everyone else right up to the day when he announces.

Looks like we have as good a shot as anyone, but who knows.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't come up with a reason where the cons don't outweigh the pros on having Fields be a silent commit.

I have a difficult time buying that.
The only thing I can think of is that he is not 100%. He wants to take OV's to make sure. If he's silent, he may be 95% and just needs confirmation. That doesn't mean he hasn't told commits that he's leaning UF. We are hearing that we may end up with 4 commits this week, Dunlap and 3 more.

UF may have told him that they would need to keep tabs on Corral until such time that Fields can make a public announcement.

Of course this is probably just a bunch of internet BS, but it's exciting.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Max and Fields have a simpatico relationship. The get each other, Fields trust Mac to do the right thing by him and Mac trusts Fields that after he has his dalliances with the other schools hell be back to his first love, This how mac can sleep at night,

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've already posted his offensive stats it's not My problem if you refuse to see the facts. you're acting like a pumper wrt to Mac winning the East. I've made the case why he's a great coach. You've posted one argument to refute it. One that doesn't hold up when put next to every other metric a HC is judged by

I'm a pumper? :headslap:If that is your response, being that McElwain has nothing to do with the case for or against Jimbo says all you need to know. Why is he a great coach? Top 5 talent every year, and other than the two years without the best one of the most athletically gifted quarterbacks in the last decade he is 9-9 against the top 25. Only has had top 50 offenses (YPG) in 4 of his 7 seasons. He did win the ACC three years in a row (12-14). Only once did he win the conference when they played more than 2 top 25 conference opponents including the conference championship game. Hell, only three times have they played more than 2 top 25 conference opponents including the ACC championship game in his 7 years. What exactly is your case? If you bring up McElwain again, it will just be further proof you have none.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't come up with a reason where the cons don't outweigh the pros on having Fields be a silent commit.

I have a difficult time buying that.
Allow me to express it in terms Swonky et al can embrace: "Fields don't want nobody to know 'cause he's so so ashamed that he's going with McNuss."

Just want everyone to know that I will be at my house this weekend :grin:
The wife's grounded you again, eh Durty.

I'm bringing my accordion.
Then I'll bring my bagpipes and we can all just pretend it's the score from the musical Swonky wrote = "Les McNuss Miserables"

If he's here for FNL...it's a done deal. Book it.

Give me poo.
Well, I'll just poo-poo all your prior posts.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I'm a pumper? :headslap:If that is your response, being that McElwain has nothing to do with the case for or against Jimbo says all you need to know. Why is he a great coach? Top 5 talent every year, and other than the two years without the best one of the most athletically gifted quarterbacks in the last decade he is 9-9 against the top 25. Only has had top 50 offenses (YPG) in 4 of his 7 seasons. He did win the ACC three years in a row (12-14). Only once did he win the conference when they played more than 2 top 25 conference opponents including the conference championship game. Hell, only three times have they played more than 2 top 25 conference opponents including the ACC championship game in his 7 years. What exactly is your case? If you bring up McElwain again, it will just be further proof you have none.
Keep cherry picking. You'll have enough to start a pie in a few hours at this rate. I've made my case. You have not. It is the HCs job to recruit and win. Jimbo has done both. You failing to see that is not my problem. The Mac comparison was you using one set of data that cpnpletely ignores every other metric to judge a HC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Keep cherry picking. You'll have enough to start a pie in a few hours at this rate. I've made my case. You have not. It is the HCs job to recruit and win. Jimbo has done both. You failing to see that is not my problem. The Mac comparison was you using one set of data that cpnpletely ignores every other metric to judge a HC.

You said he was an offensive guru... and a great coach. Data suggests otherwise. I have already said he was a great recruiter, because the data supports it. When facts are applied to your argument that he is an offensive guru. You don't dispute them, you just say "I've proven it already". With what proof? With what data? All you have done is made statements without any supporting data.

He has recruited and won against in most if not all inferior opponents. A great coach, which you make the claim, wins against teams with equal or better talent on a regular basis. His record doesn't support that.

What am I cherry picking? You brought up his record against the top 25, so I showed it. You mention his offensive rankings without mentioning what metric you used. So I actually gave the metric that uses per game production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator