UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Apparently Coach Mac felt like they weren't getting the coaching they needed. He made a change. Most of us are expecting it to show this year because the experience is there now. Pretty much everything I've read and watched agree. The Oline must come together this year for this offense to have a chance to be successful. Most of the pieces are in place. Hopefully the coaching change will bring forth good fruit.
Everything you've read is puff pieces. Mac hiring an inexperienced Davis was just as bad as keeping summers.
Don't jump, we'll miss you :rotfl:
I've seen no evidence davis is any better than Summers. Especially when the OL is being pushed around by 250 "DTs" and we still struggled running the ball. Buy lots of this now.

N8bnaAMk.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen no evidence davis is any better than Summers.
Yea, I guess spending all your time bitching on the internet would keep you from that :grin:

Especially when the OL is being pushed around by 250 "DTs"
:rotfl:

yea, I guess guys can't be strong at 250 lbs

we still struggled running the ball.
in a spring game?
:lmao2:

Seriously bro, please don't jump, I'm sure you're an okay dude in person

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who got pushed around by 250 pounders? I didnt look specifically for that but the only thing I remember is Jefferson running around some back up tackles pretty easily.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How about some comedic interlude from our eternal optimists over at TOS...

" I think Mac is a really good teacher of the position and Nuss is who is vastly underrated OC will get this done.
You will see very soon my good people."

Yes, that is a real quote...but wait...there's more...

"I did not like some of his play calling also but injuries held back the offense in year one and two. Especially at all important QB. They conservatively redshirted the young QBs.

Technically Nuss was not shown the door at Bama. He made a seamless move to a higher salary at Michigan. I can see where working for Saban would suck for an OC. Nuss was hired from Michigan 7 days before they hired Harbaugh. He was only at Michigan one year which does not give a lot of time to implement an offense.

If our young QBS do well Nuss could be hired away as a head coach in a few years. We will see. He finally has OL depth in the Fall which should give the offense better balance. Michigan's great DL will be a big challenge."

That place is littered with excuses and rationalizations. That's good stuff right there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How about some comedic interlude from our eternal optimists over at TOS...

" I think Mac is a really good teacher of the position and Nuss is who is vastly underrated OC will get this done.
You will see very soon my good people."

Yes, that is a real quote...but wait...there's more...

"I did not like some of his play calling also but injuries held back the offense in year one and two. Especially at all important QB. They conservatively redshirted the young QBs.

Technically Nuss was not shown the door at Bama. He made a seamless move to a higher salary at Michigan. I can see where working for Saban would suck for an OC. Nuss was hired from Michigan 7 days before they hired Harbaugh. He was only at Michigan one year which does not give a lot of time to implement an offense.

If our young QBS do well Nuss could be hired away as a head coach in a few years. We will see. He finally has OL depth in the Fall which should give the offense better balance. Michigan's great DL will be a big challenge."

That place is littered with excuses and rationalizations. That's good stuff right there.

Some of them live in some alternate universe I think.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
A lot of people are putting their eggs in this years basket assuming we'll see significant improvement. What happens if we don't? What will they think then? None of it matters as it pertains to macs job security. He's getting two more years regardless of results on the field. We need to embrace the entropy

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who got pushed around by 250 pounders? I didnt look specifically for that but the only thing I remember is Jefferson running around some back up tackles pretty easily.
Big Fred mostly.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2634861-sec-football-power-ranking-the-offensive-lines-in-2016

First or second article on google...WORST o line in the SEC using a bunch of metrics.

Yeah, bash just to bash.

Which actually goes to prove the point that he has had to rebuild. The OL is absolutely the position that takes the longest to build. There are very few guys who can play at a high level as freshman. You usually need years to build strength and technique at this level as well as chemistry. The guy has only been coach for 2 years and you expect him in those two years to have magically made an oline where he had to recruit a grad transfer from Furman into a top rate unit?

Take a step back and recognize the reality of what McElwain had to deal with on the offensive side of the ball. I think you still don't want to admit how bad of a situation he was left with, especially when you consider his starting QB got suspended for PEDs!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of people are putting their eggs in this years basket assuming we'll see significant improvement. What happens if we don't? What will they think then? None of it matters as it pertains to macs job security. He's getting two more years regardless of results on the field. We need to embrace the entropy

I think a lot of us are hopeful that the offense will show improvement. I'm not saying they will be a Top 20 offense, but I am really hoping that this year they make a significant jump.

I do agree that Mac gets two more years regardless of what happens.

If we don't improve... then I will be bashing the team and coaches performance and saying they need to get better... just like everybody else we all are hoping for improvement and have seen signs that it can happen. I choose to focus on the positive. Giving up on the season before I even see them play a game isn't my style.

I really hope we come out and crush Michigan.. I don't know if it will happen... I think it is very possible we get crushed, but I am hoping that isn't what happens... why is that so wrong?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Which actually goes to prove the point that he has had to rebuild. The OL is absolutely the position that takes the longest to build. There are very few guys who can play at a high level as freshman. You usually need years to build strength and technique at this level as well as chemistry. The guy has only been coach for 2 years and you expect him in those two years to have magically made an oline where he had to recruit a grad transfer from Furman into a top rate unit?

Take a step back and recognize the reality of what McElwain had to deal with on the offensive side of the ball. I think you still don't want to admit how bad of a situation he was left with, especially when you consider his starting QB got suspended for PEDs!

The reality is he's a mediocre coach and recruiter that rode a severe downturn in the SEC East to ATL.

He can't pick assistants and he hasn't done anything of note since he left Bama. The guy is Mr. Runner up. He can't coach or recruit a QB to save his life(job). QB whisperer my ass.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
have seen signs that it can happen. I choose to focus on the positive. Giving up on the season before I even see them play a game isn't my style.

What signs? I'd love to hear them. No one is giving up. I don't think expecting 8-4 is giving up on the season.

I really hope we come out and crush Michigan.. I don't know if it will happen... I think it is very possible we get crushed, but I am hoping that isn't what happens... why is that so wrong?

Nothing wrong with hope. Andy Dufrense thinks it's a good thing. Mac has to beat Mich. They return no one. That's a game that he has to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.