UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So we need to find Grady, McGee, Ryan Smith and whoever else and give them a thorough lashing.

I guess we are just like Bama now bringing in hired guns that have no intention of getting their Masters degree. The same win at all costs mentality.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hmm "Florida was initially not considered an option. UF reportedly cannot take a graduate transfer, due to missed academic requirements of the past graduate transfers. However, league commissioner Greg Sankey recently announced that the league could change its stance on this ruling"

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone keeps saying wait till mac has his qb... well, looks like they'll be able to just keep firing that BS excuse out every year at this rate. This must be the perfect pumper cover for a sh*t offense.

Zaire is garbage and isn't a pocket qb at all... what the shiz is this staff thinking? Wait... dont answer that.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone keeps saying wait till mac has his qb... well, looks like they'll be able to just keep firing that BS excuse out every year at this rate. This must be the perfect pumper cover for a sh*t offense.

Zaire is garbage and isn't a pocket qb at all... what the shiz is this staff thinking? Wait... dont answer that.

3 of the 4 playoff teams don't have a pocket passing QB. Not saying Zaire is as good as those QBs, but I think he could be solid for us. Much better than LDR and Appleby no doubt.

Worst case this guy brings us more competition and an athletic option for wildcat type packages. There is literally no downside of bringing him in.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
3 of the 4 playoff teams don't have a pocket passing QB. Not saying Zaire is as good as those QBs, but I think he could be solid for us. Much better than LDR and Appleby no doubt.

Worst case this guy brings us more competition and an athletic option for wildcat type packages. There is literally no downside of bringing him in.
Yea there is, and i actually think applebee is better even though he sucks. The downside is one more year (minimum) of built in excuses by the pumpers about how we cant judge mack until franks or trask is on the field, yada yada yada.

Of those 4 teams you mention, clemson and osuck run a spread so of course they dont have one. We dont run a spread big dawg, square peg, round hole. Regarding the other, bama, they dont even come close to winning with their QB. They win with everything except him. That kid just hands the ball off and throws 5 yards on 3rd downs. I can see how that might look like exactly what mac would want b/c thats exactly the crap qb play weve seen for 2 years, but unfortunately its also why we suck out loud. Mac's offense needs a legit qb to make it work. Until we recruit all the other positions like bama does, we cant take some innacurate, no defense reading, dink and dunk when hes forced to, run first and regularly turn the ball over quarterback and expect to improve in any way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I hope this doesn't happen. Watching him he is only a fit for something like Auburn runs at most and we don't have the players to run that successfully.

I hope Mac is forced to have to develop Franks or Trask and if he isn't capable of doing that he just moves on.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yea there is, and i actually think applebee is better even though he sucks. The downside is one more year (minimum) of built in excuses by the pumpers about how we cant judge mack until franks or trask is on the field, yada yada yada.

Of those 4 teams you mention, clemson and osuck run a spread so of course they dont have one. We dont run a spread big dawg, square peg, round hole. Regarding the other, bama, they dont even come close to winning with their QB. They win with everything except him. That kid just hands the ball off and throws 5 yards on 3rd downs. I can see how that might look like exactly what mac would want b/c thats exactly the crap qb play weve seen for 2 years, but unfortunately its also why we suck out loud. Mac's offense needs a legit qb to make it work. Until we recruit all the other positions like bama does, we cant take some innacurate, no defense reading, dink and dunk when hes forced to, run first and regularly turn the ball over quarterback and expect to improve in any way.

Zaire is 10x better than Appleby lol cmon dude. And who cares about pumper excuses? You act like it actually effects Mac's status. Are you one of those people that think message board talk actually matters? I highly doubt Stricklin reads this message board :lol:

We won't have to run a spread option offense with Zaire IMO. I'd like to replicate the Seahawks offense with Wilson which is a mixture of both spread and pro style. Mix in some read option and Zaire would be dangerous IMO.

Mac would welcome the competition, and if Zaire sucks so bad, I would hope Franks or Trask could beat him out.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire is 10x better than Appleby lol cmon dude. And who cares about pumper excuses? You act like it actually effects Mac's status. Are you one of those people that think message board talk actually matters? I highly doubt Stricklin reads this message board :lol:

We won't have to run a spread option offense with Zaire IMO. I'd like to replicate the Seahawks offense with Wilson which is a mixture of both spread and pro style. Mix in some read option and Zaire would be dangerous IMO.

Mac would welcome the competition, and if Zaire sucks so bad, I would hope Franks or Trask could beat him out.
No, im not, im just sick and tired of listening to the excuse fest from snowflakes.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This staff has no identity as to who they are or what they want the team to be. As others noted above, a running QB isn't what Nac's offense needs. They've got a few young QBs that have been in the system heading into year 2 plus the older guys still on the roster (albeit guys who aren't that good). At some point you've got to identify a guy already on the roster and go with him. Brining in Zaire, who isn't even a fit, seems like it's just throwing bodies at the position hoping something sticks. Why waste the roster spot on a guy like that with so many other positions of need?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This staff has no identity as to who they are or what they want the team to be. As others noted above, a running QB isn't what Nac's offense needs. They've got a few young QBs that have been in the system heading into year 2 plus the older guys still on the roster (albeit guys who aren't that good). At some point you've got to identify a guy already on the roster and go with him. Brining in Zaire, who isn't even a fit, seems like it's just throwing bodies at the position hoping something sticks. Why waste the roster spot on a guy like that with so many other positions of need?

Because Zaire is better than anything we've had since Tebow? If he sucks so bad, Trask and Franks will have no problem beating him out.

Plus, we have plenty of room on the roster so that's not an issue. And enough with the "doesn't fit" nonsense. Just because he can run doesn't mean he can't throw nor be in a pro style type offense.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Because Zaire is better than anything we've had since Tebow? If he sucks so bad, Trask and Franks will have no problem beating him out.

Plus, we have plenty of room on the roster so that's not an issue. And enough with the "doesn't fit" nonsense. Just because he can run doesn't mean he can't throw nor be in a pro style type offense.

Have you seen him try to read a defense, stay in the pocket and hit a receiver???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator