Updated coaching candidates

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n107769 said:
I've been reading some of Abolverdi's recruiting updates on Twitter and those three coaches seem to be the ones the really big fish recruits are hoping to see retained.

They've both done solid jobs this year in my opinion.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've been reading some of Abolverdi's recruiting updates on Twitter and those three coaches seem to be the ones the really big fish recruits are hoping to see retained.

Yeah, I haven't heard TRob mentioned specifically, but Lawing was by someone. Basically didn't care about the HC, just his position coach. Not really what a recruit should be basing things off of, but some are and I'll take it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

They'd be retarded not to

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have zero problems with keeping Summers and Lawing. The SEC is a LOS league and they both know what's required to win here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Getting old so I don't remember if Zook kept anyone, but I know Meyer kept strong and (I think) someone else. WM kept White and Durkin. It does happen, and a lot of times it makes sense.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Todd Graham might be the man. His offense scores in three minutes
or less two thirds of the time. That is the exact opposite of WM.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
I say Hugh Freeze. Heck, he comes into our area and takes half our recruits anyway. Now at least they could stay closer to home. If Kiffin were hired I would cancel my season tickets. NCAA nightmare, and not only does he lie, then he tries to lie to cover his lies. i would take Petrino before that clown everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. At least Petrino runs around with hotties. Give Petrino a key to the Delta Delta Delta house and let him run wild. If he can win at Arkansas he can win here. Kiffin has never proven he could win. Could not win and UT and could not win at USC. USC is almost like UF West. If you can't win at USC probably time to hang up the head coaching dreams.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n107805 said:
Todd Graham might be the man. His offense scores in three minutes
or less two thirds of the time. That is the exact opposite of WM.

Todd Graham may get a look. But he's a defensive guy who's ridden great coordinators to his success. His defenses are never all that.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
t-gator;n107824 said:
Look at the comment section. The fans aren't too happy

Wait, I thought we were the only angry dissatisfied fans with a sense of entitlement in the country. Or so I've been told.:whistle:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fairly confident Fooley will hire Gene Chizik. It's the only move that makes sense using Fooleythink.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n107875 said:
I'm fairly confident Fooley will hire Gene Chizik. It's the only move that makes sense using Fooleythink.

When will you let this schtick go, another national title, SEC title, 10 wins? Just try to change it up, please.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Who's next at Florida? Expect offense, experience

From outside the Big Five conferences:
Justin Fuente of Memphis;
Doc Holliday of Marshall;
Mark Hudspeth of Louisiana-Lafayette.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/sports/article3968998.html

===
Coach addresses son's name

Tim Buckley, 11:01 p.m. CST November 11, 2014
"Everybody was asking me – some of the kids – 'Who'd you name the baby after?' You know, 'Captain,' " Hudspeth said. "I said, 'Well, all the great Americans were named Captain. You got Captain America, Cap'n Crunch, Captain Kangaroo.'
"There's a lot of great Captains out there in the world."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...name/18898457/

Mark Hudspeth (born November 10, 1968) is the current head football coach of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Previously, Hudspeth was a four-year football letterman at Delta State University, head coach at the University of North Alabama, and an assistant coach (Wide Receivers and Passing Game Coordinator) at Mississippi State under head coach Dan Mullen.
In his first season as the Ragin' Cajuns' head football coach, Hudspeth led the team to the a 9-4 record, that included a trip and win in the 2011 New Orleans Bowl, against San Diego State. This was the school's first bowl in 41 years. In two seasons at Louisiana–Lafayette he has a record of 18-8. Coach Hudspeth led the Cajuns to a 2nd consecutive New Orleans Bowl victory over East Carolina in 2012.
Hudspeth is married to Tyla McConnell and has two sons and one daughter.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen created the gameplan for Leak in the 2006 Championship Game.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n107893 said:

He's got detractors here, but he has his hands all over 2006 and 2008 and happened to coach Tebow to a Heisman along the way. Now, he's taken the Vandy of the SEC west and put them in very serious national championship contention and has yet another qb getting serious Heisman talk. He's young and extremely intimate with the SEC.

He's not in my first few choices but he'd be a solid hire and major upgrade.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No lie...I would love Hudspeth. Rajun Cajuns!!! He almost beat Champ's2012 team. I'd take him.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
alcoholica;n107893 said:

If I remember correctly, Leak helped script the opening drive. Think it was the best series of plays in the Mullen era.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hudspeth is a pretty charismatic guy and he's won alot of football games. They just didn't throw the ball very much when I watched

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n107904 said:
If I remember correctly, Leak helped script the opening drive. Think it was the best series of plays in the Mullen era.

I think Leak worked on the game plans his entire senior season. Wasn't just the NC game. Not sure why Meyer didn't dig up those notes for Brantley

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n107886 said:
Who's next at Florida? Expect offense, experience
From outside the Big Five conferences:
Justin Fuente of Memphis;
Doc Holliday of Marshall;
Mark Hudspeth of Louisiana-Lafayette.
Nice. None of those guys are offensive guys.

Makes perfect sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb