Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I thought we had 30+ players involved. Multiple programs and were looking at the death penalty ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we had 30+ players involved. Multiple programs and were looking at the death penalty ?
You need to reread both posts.

If he is back, at a minimum, it means he has repayed extra benefits and has the blessing of the NCAA, I would think. I can't imagine us letting him play without their blessing.

It also means the criminal investigations as to the gator1 cards are going to take a while, which isn't much of a surprise.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see. You folks claimed it was nothing, certainly no one be indicted because credit card fraud wasn't really a crime, and that (once the suspensions were announced) it would be over in one game.

My sources have been spot on so far but you can keep hoping.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
9 kids involved in credit card fraud? Man, that's kids being kids. Total overreaction. Happens everywhere. GPD is just hard asses and hates us. It's not even the kids fault. They were probably framed by the Gainesville police.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The point is program focus... football and responsibility or shaking down and thieving hundreds of dollars I piss away for lunch every few months. You get rid of the repeat offenders. If the HC can't control the asylum, then, you run his ass out of town. The worst coaches are your "best friend", the daddy persona, love, flowers and yet another learning experience. We're not paying for real life Judge Judy drama... hotel reservations and prime time good times are long overdue :grin:

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
We'll see. You folks claimed it was nothing, certainly no one be indicted because credit card fraud wasn't really a crime, and that (once the suspensions were announced) it would be over in one game.

My sources have been spot on so far but you can keep hoping.

You also said it wasn't just football involved. More suspensions were imminent and all would be charged with felonies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You also said it wasn't just football involved. More suspensions were imminent and all would be charged with felonies.
I never said that. And certainly never said all would be charged with felonies. Find the post that confused you. I am going to assume you aren't just flat out lying and it is an honest mistake.

In fact I said very specifically that although all were potentially chargeable as felonies, at least the ones who were claiming their Gator1 cards were lost and denying the valid charges, and that first offenders would likely get misdemeanor pleas or even diversions.

UPD will have to file reports and complaints soon.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
We are only at the tip of this. Im told the "I lost my credit card and someone else must have used it, give me another with my full dollar amount on it, oops I did it again" scheme is wideranging and at least two years long. NCAA is investigating that as extra benefits and lack of institutional control for us failing to supervise the kids reissuing the cards.

Im also still hearing that the nine are just the first wave.

Lets hope it isnt as big as some think.

Here's one for you

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
If This truly involves, say, three dozen players getting 5 to $10,000 extra per semester over at least two years we probably aren't looking at just a one-year Bowl ban.

the rumors are that it's pretty much all the south Florida kids.

Here's another

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know those don't say anything like what you said, correct? Are you posting from an iphone 2 with a very small screen or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator