US team, coached by Billy D., wins by 98 points!

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beat Argentina 118-64 tonight...on to the semifinals. By reviewing the scores, no one holds a candle to the US team. I bet Billy is having fun coaching a few blowouts.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But can they play defense? :dance:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n7433 said:
Well...according to the scores...yes they can.

The other teams can't chew bubble gum and walk much less play basketball.

Just wondering..

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n7435 said:
The other teams can't chew bubble gum and walk much less play basketball.

Just wondering..

That's a true coupe: opponents this year, for the first time, seem inept. (I've seen no games, just improvising opinion.) How can we be
that much Superior … yet we are. Wonder if US college scholarships are distracting them "foreigners" attention ?
Any explanations offered ?

You know, Billy-UF may get some foreign youth-stars' attention for college. Be nice to get one of those 7-footish, athletic brutish types.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n7603 said:
That's a true coupe: opponents this year, for the first time, seem inept. (I've seen no games, just improvising opinion.) How can we be
that much Superior … yet we are
. Wonder if US college scholarships are distracting them "foreigners" attention ?
Any explanations offered ?

You know, Billy-UF may get some foreign youth-stars' attention for college. Be nice to get one of those 7-footish, athletic brutish types.

I think Billy is just that good of a coach Rog. And we won't be picking up any 7-footish brutes until 2015, we don't have any scholarships left to offer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know about wait 'til 2015. So that's fine. FSU last year had (3) 7-foot players. I want UF to have a ultra-tall player.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n7994 said:
I know about wait 'til 2015. So that's fine. FSU last year had (3) 7-foot players. I want UF to have a ultra-tall player.
How far did FSU get in the ncaa tournament?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good point...

We won again tonight in the semifinals 90-56 over the Dominican Republic. Love this quote:

“You learn to sacrifice for something that is bigger than you as a basketball player,” said Trier, who is averaging 13.5 points, yet playing only 16 minutes a contest. “We have one goal at hand, and that is to win gold. Winning gold is bigger than all of us, so individually it’s us coming together and sacrificing what we need to in order to win gold.”

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Two of FSU's big guys were sophomores. One is 7'3" and one is 7'1" and they will improve from 20 minutes/ 6 points
per game. I'm just saying 6'11" - 7'2" becomes useful to their teams and a problem for opponents. Of course, I only
want these players if their athletic.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n8022 said:
Two of FSU's big guys were sophomores. One is 7'3" and one is 7'1" and they will improve from 20 minutes/ 6 points
per game. I'm just saying 6'11" - 7'2" becomes useful to their teams and a problem for opponents. Of course, I only
want these players if their athletic.

6'10" guys with some meat on them can hold up pretty well inside too. I think Patric did a pretty fair job.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am anxious to see where Billy ends up on the ESPN countdown. Top 5 for sure. Coach K and Izzo are probably ahead of him.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of where he ends up, he is #1 to me. No disrespect K or Izzo, but Billy D has shown he is dominant through consistency and he has many many years to come.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n7342 said:
I think it has. Beal and Frazier both played for him on the national team. I would suspect it will pay dividends moving forward.
Frazier had already played a season here and I believe Beal was already committed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n8394 said:
I am anxious to see where Billy ends up on the ESPN countdown. Top 5 for sure. Coach K and Izzo are probably ahead of him.
T REX;n8394 said:

Why would izzo be ahead of him? Billy has more championships. The only coaches I think you can argue that could possibly be ahead of him is petino and coach k

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't trade Billy for anyone. I'm just guessing where he'll probably be. Forgot about Pitino. Maybe fourth then?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n8413 said:
Frazier had already played a season here and I believe Beal was already committed.
I know, but don't you think it factored into their decision? They all knew he was the coach of the National Team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator