USC AD Pat Haden sends drunk Sarkisian home, fires him

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Twitter lit up about an hour ago with rumors flying about USC coach Steve Sarkisian. Looks like he showed up to work on Sunday drunk and Haden sent him home. I wasn't aware he had a drinking problem. One source said he claimed to swear off the booze for the season to the press...looks like he didin't make it.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...ohol-treatment

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn. What a bad a way to lose an amazing job like that. Hope he gets help before he accidentally kills himself, or someone else.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow! What a disaster! Story says he was drunk yesterday..... Nice way to throw away a $3 million salary.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if he went home to drink more? Wonder how the marriage is doing?

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's also being reported that a player told ESPN's Shelley Smith via text that Sarkisian "showed up lit to meetings again today." Wow. Its really bad when a player on your own team throws you under the bus....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Finebaum and crew were discussing Chip Kelly to USC just this morning.....

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
PaulDrake;n295399 said:
It's also being reported that a player told ESPN's Shelley Smith via text that Sarkisian "showed up lit to meetings again today." Wow. Its really bad when a player on your own team throws you under the bus....

or tells the truth! Should be fired on the spot!

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow. Twitter blowing up again on Sarkisian. Now there are reports that USC assistant coaches believed Sarkisian was drunk DURING the Arizona State game on Sept. 26th. Jesus and they didn't say anything to Haden then?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to whistleblowing ... it's hard to know just when to do it. Sark needs firing. An alcoholic should not be in charge
of guiding young men, leading any university's CFB program. This is at least the 2nd time Sark's drunkeness has
made it into the public sector. Perhaps this is the "cause" for firing that releases USC from buyout clause. ??

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MorrisButtermakerBadNewsBears_display_image.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n295429 said:
As to whistleblowing ... it's hard to know just when to do it. Sark needs firing. An alcoholic should not be in charge
of guiding young men, leading any university's CFB program. This is at least the 2nd time Sark's drunkeness has
made it into the public sector. Perhaps this is the "cause" for firing that releases USC from buyout clause. ??

Probably not that easy, Rog. Alcoholism is considered an illness, so that would be like firing someone for having cancer. I don't necessarily agree with that premise, but you can bet his lawyers would.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure by the end of the season he will no longer be their coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anything you choose to do is not an illness. My wife could not choose to not have cancer. Sarkisian can choose to not have a drink.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shame. Just awful.

I heard it's being called a "leave of absence". Hope he gets the help he needs and beats his demons.

It may be that he can't take the pressure of coaching. He may need to retire to overcome his addiction.

Good luck, Coach Sark.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He should be fired with cause. I wouldn't give him a cent for a buyout and force him to sue me if he wanted to fight it.

An "illness"....oh boy. If I showed up to work drunk I'd be fired, and so would anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.