USMCA: U.S. and Canada Reach Basis of Deal to Replace NAFTA Hours Before U.S.-Mexico Deadline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flgator2, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Tay Bang

Tay Bang Impending Mean Girl

Oxbucks:
    $321
    Ratings:
    +1,597 / -50
    Pretty obvious you get paid by the word.

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $3,011
      Ratings:
      +9,572 / -26
      I used GI Bill too.

The reason I asked is because I find most here that have been to law school are a lot more consistent with their logic than you.

And yes, I did directly refer to you as “stupid” when I pointed out that after your repeated use (and defense) of “no plan,” you stated that you support a component strategy of said “no plan”, plan. I still don’t know how there can be a component strategy to a non-existent plan.

I apologize, I should have just pointed out the fallacy/mistake in your argument. You clearly are not stupid if you made it though law school, and I mean it, but you might want to work in your “logic.”

I used no other “choice words” or insinuations. I’m a pretty direct guy, you don’t have to guess or make false attributions with me.

#202 Detroitgator, Oct 5, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
      $400
      Ratings:
      +401 / -23
      I fight fire with fire. Call it the Marine in me.

• gatorev12

Oxbucks:
      $400
      Ratings:
      +401 / -23
      I wish! :D

• gatorev12

Oxbucks:
      $400
      Ratings:
      +401 / -23
      This isn't a court of law and we aren't writing legal pleadings. I'm less concerned with logically writing things and more on just speaking my opinion as it comes. And that said: a professor in law school once joked that "logic fallacies" aren't something to get too much in the weeds about because ANY persuasive argument can be pigeonholed into a logic fallacy (at the very minimum, one can say an opinion on any particular subject is a fallacy for appealing to authority). On geopolitical topics, you'll find I approach it from an analytical/objective tone rather than a legal adversarial one (old professional habits die hard).

The maximum effort strategy was designed to get North Korea to go to the table--which has happened. We met their demand for one on one talks (a major policy departure on our part) for no meaningful concession on their part (stopping missile testing isn't a bad thing by any means, but it's not the same thing as abandoning a longstanding policy position not to meet with rogue regimes in one on one settings). While I support Trump's maximum pressure strategy, I don't see a plan taking form for how he gets to nuclear disarmament. He certainly hasn't articulated it in official or semi-official settings (also in contrast to how things are normally done).

The reason why that's unwise is because it increases the potential for miscalculation and confusion in the diplomatic arena which is manifestly not a good thing.

• Tay Bang

Oxbucks:
      $321
      Ratings:
      +1,597 / -50
      Trump doesn’t follow any of your Cold War bullshyt. Which is his appeal. Your worldview is rigid. We are sick of your worldview. There is no reason we shouldn’t be friendly with some of these countries and stop trying to micromanage them. Deal with it.

#206 Tay Bang, Oct 5, 2018
    • gatorev12

Oxbucks:
      $400
      Ratings:
      +401 / -23
      Had you been paying attention, you would have read that I wasn't even in hs in '94...so my military service came a full decade and a half AFTER the Cold War ended. So nice try: but you're full of chit if you think North Korea is our friend and is the misunderstood kid in the back of the class just waiting for people to be nice to him.

This is the country that tried to assassinate the South Korean President while they were purportedly reaching out for "peace talks" (failing to kill him, but killing 21 others in the process)...and then tried to continue said peace talks after the assassination attempt. Who kidnapped thousands of South Korean and Japanese citizens and forced them to train their spies. The list goes on and on. I suggest you wake up and join us in reality that North Korea isn't our friend and won't be so long as the Kim family remains in power.

• Tay Bang

Oxbucks:
      $321
      Ratings:
      +1,597 / -50
      Nobody said you were alive during the Cold War, “Counselor”. I said your worldview is Cold War. Trump is working on the young man, trying to transform NK to a modern, friendly country via economic envy. Not a pallet of cash, but an internal transformation. Wake the f up. That’s better for everybody. You are so ****ing stupid for a relatively short seven years of training. And I predict another double down of your position. You’ve been blown up.

#208 Tay Bang, Oct 5, 2018
    • gatorev12

Oxbucks:
      $400
      Ratings:
      +401 / -23
      It's Friday night, so I don't begrudge you for drinking. Frankly: I'm doing the same atm. But clearly haven't been drinking to the extent as you.

North Korea turning into a "modern/friendly" country in 7 years is the stuff of utter delusion. 70% of that country lives as effective slaves with zero access to the internet or the outside world. They have no concept of what to envy: they are brainwashed into thinking they have the best lifestyle on the planet and that Kim is a living god.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,360
        Ratings:
        +4,674 / -93
        Koreans are not idiots.
        There are cracks in your perceived wall. With China outsourcing low level activities to them, the cracks are getting wider. It’s a waiting game that the end of the tunnel is in sight.

• Tay Bang

Oxbucks:
          $321
          Ratings:
          +1,597 / -50
          Thanks. I love patronization.

Back to the point, which you will never see, is Trump is trying to show young Kim a better way forward for his country. The easy way. Rather than being blown up. He’s giving him options. This has nothing to do with NK’s peasants. It’s 100 percent about Kim. Trump is so far above your level of understanding it’s unreal.

• ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
            $1,314
            Ratings:
            +2,560 / -216
            I know and agree, but if we can get them to remove their nuclear weapons and delivery systems and get a peace treaty I don't care what he does internally. I don't trust him and neither does the president. He thinks being nice will work but I heard him say several times it might not work and until it does the pressure will remain.

I once worked for a company that thought if you just moved very fast and corrected very fast that would work. Perhaps if you could correct as fast as they thought it might work, it failed since having at least some of a plan is required.

The president has a high level plan of objectives, he tried to get them done by whatever means seems to work.

• gatorev12

Oxbucks:
              $400
              Ratings:
              +401 / -23
              that was Clinton's gambit in the 90s: integrate North Koreans into the regional economic scene and try to gradually bring them into the world. It didn't work because the govt still controlled information and kept all the profits. China isn't going to be the one educating North Korean citizens about the outside world...it suits their purposes just fine to have a buffer state as a permanent vessel and economic dullard on their border.

• Tay Bang

Oxbucks:
              $321
              Ratings:
              +1,597 / -50
              Trump is also waging non-traditional economic war on China. He knows China is dependent on selling the US cheap Walmart chit. He knows China controls NK. All part of the big picture. You think all the Kim train rides to China are coincidental? Jesus, spend a few hours at the Conservative Treehouse website and educate your Cold War view.

• AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,360
              Ratings:
              +4,674 / -93
              Agreed.

The Koreans are educating themselves. Information is flowing faster and deeper into NK. In the heartland they are having problems with the peasants. Lots of damage to the shrines is what I’m hearing.

My assessment is the god persona has lost its luster except for the middle and upper classes and they have gotten fat and flappy.

My guess, rocketman will sell out at the right price...

• AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,360
              Ratings:
              +4,674 / -93
              Interested in the new nafta impacts.

• Tay Bang

Oxbucks:
              $321
              Ratings:
              +1,597 / -50
              Definitely. The easy way through Canada and Mexico has hopefully been eliminated.

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,011
                Ratings:
                +9,572 / -26
                Who... da fuk... has said this other than you right now and Obama about everyone for 8 years?

• gatorev12

Oxbucks:
                  $400
                  Ratings:
                  +401 / -23
                  ..are you not able to read TayBang's posts or something..?

He's the one spouting when can only be charitably described as drunken ramblings that Trump will turn a North Korea into a "modern/friendly" nation and that there's "no reason we can't be friendly with them and stop micromanaging them."

I'm glad you find that as absurd as I do. Nearly spit out the Polish beer I was drinking in abject shock that anyone outside of Berkeley California actually thinks like that with respect to North Korea.

• Tay Bang

Oxbucks:
                    $321
                    Ratings:
                    +1,597 / -50
                    Polish beer, explains it all you entrenched swingdik. You are projecting your drunken stupidity on my merely comfortably buzzed sensibility. Seriously, stop digging. Trump is giving a different approach a shot. Like all the previous approaches have worked so well. I just can’t imagine why you didn’t work out over at the Country.

#220 Tay Bang, Oct 6, 2018
                    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018