UT fans talking about storming the field in the Swamp

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In 2012, they talked about beefing up security to prevent people from storming the field. Then this happened.

[video=youtube;q48xf6f4ztc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q48xf6f4ztc[/video]

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was at that FSU game in the erector set when we stormed the field. It was beautiful. I've never seen anything like it since. We had ballsy and wonderfully obnoxious fans back then.
We beat Georgia one year in Jacksonville and stormed the field. Tore down the goal posts, etc. Did a lot of damage. Celebrated, undeterred by any law enforcement, who were hopelessly outnumbered anyway. The next year they got wise and lined the stadium with police in riot gear and drawn nightsticks. When Georgia won, the fans in the endzone pushed down the fence to crash the field. The folks in the front rows who were well aware of the police presence in front of them were reluctant participants and got their asses clubbed. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved cracking skulls, etc. It was beautiful to watch the Georgia fans joy and enthusiasm over their win turn into screams of horror, pain and agony as the police unleashed their brutal assault. It was almost worth losing to watch that. By the way, this is a great lesson to all Gators to stay until the end of the game, even if we are losing. You never know when some opposing fan will get his ass kicked for being a loudmouth or challenging law enforcement. When it happens, you want to be there to see it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It would be Vol-like to storm the field after beating a team that hasn't been ranked in years.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
AlexDaGator;n284664 said:
Some Gator fans stormed the field after a win in Tallahassee once in the early 80s I think. FSU turned on the sprinklers. I believe that's the last time Gators did it anywhere.

They turned the water on UGA fans at Auburn back in the 80s. And nothing smells worse than an old wet dog.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dobbs has never faced a hostile environment like he will Saturday. The Vol fans will need to charge the sideline to change his Depends, not storm the field itself.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n284695 said:
In 2012, they talked about beefing up security to prevent people from storming the field. Then this happened.

[video=youtube;q48xf6f4ztc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q48xf6f4ztc[/video]

The Burton TD and the Hammond TD were pretty sweet, especially the Hammond one where he just pushed the defender down :lol2:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
PastyStoole;n284696 said:
I was at that FSU game in the erector set when we stormed the field. It was beautiful. I've never seen anything like it since. We had ballsy and wonderfully obnoxious fans back then.
We beat Georgia one year in Jacksonville and stormed the field. Tore down the goal posts, etc. Did a lot of damage. Celebrated, undeterred by any law enforcement, who were hopelessly outnumbered anyway. The next year they got wise and lined the stadium with police in riot gear and drawn nightsticks. When Georgia won, the fans in the endzone pushed down the fence to crash the field. The folks in the front rows who were well aware of the police presence in front of them were reluctant participants and got their asses clubbed. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved cracking skulls, etc. It was beautiful to watch the Georgia fans joy and enthusiasm over their win turn into screams of horror, pain and agony as the police unleashed their brutal assault. It was almost worth losing to watch that. By the way, this is a great lesson to all Gators to stay until the end of the game, even if we are losing. You never know when some opposing fan will get his ass kicked for being a loudmouth or challenging law enforcement. When it happens, you want to be there to see it.

I was at that game with my binoculars. Watching some dawg bitch yammering at a cop. He finally cleaned her clock.
BTW when a fan base "talks about storming the field." They always lose.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Someone needs to hack Mac's email, twitter, vine and send it to him. Scratch that.......send to Nash Grier. He'll let Will know. I'm glad I'm going. This schnit is gonna get real.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n284665 said:
I sincerely hope the players hear about this.

Well, I suppose now's as good a time as any.....

I'm Will Grier. And we're aware. Very aware.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n284714 said:
The Burton TD and the Hammond TD were pretty sweet, especially the Hammond one where he just pushed the defender down :lol2:

The guy actually tore his ACL when Hammond cut back on him. :deadnanner:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else get the feeling that, with UF winning 10 years running, with Harris out, that UT might play dirty on Sat? And I don't mean playing through the whistle kind of dirty, I'm talking Darnell Dockett dirty.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n284725 said:
The guy actually tore his ACL when Hammond cut back on him. :deadnanner:

Brian Randolph, and I think he's still on their team. One of the few Vols that have experienced the Swamp.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n284719 said:
Pasty, that was a funny ass story. Well told.
Every once in awhile we put aside sporting rivalries and acknowledge our humanity, our similarities over our differences. We see each other as humans co-existing on this big blue marble of ours, not Bulldogs or Gators, but as real people. This was not one of those occasions, I assure you. :lol:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n284726 said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that, with UF winning 10 years running, with Harris out, that UT might play dirty on Sat? And I don't mean playing through the whistle kind of dirty, I'm talking Darnell Dockett dirty.

We need to pounce on them early, and keep the hammer down. That should take care of their chippiness.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n284726 said:

82987868-college-football-tennessee-center-josh-mcneil-gettyimages.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n284715 said:
I was at that game with my binoculars. Watching some dawg bitch yammering at a cop. He finally cleaned her clock.

She left him little alternative, really. She was preventing him from joining in the Clockwork Orange-style brutality orgy his colleagues were enjoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator