UT fans talking about storming the field in the Swamp

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n284709 said:
Dobbs has never faced a hostile environment like he will Saturday. The Vol fans will need to charge the sideline to change his Depends, not storm the field itself.
he QB'd against bama at bama last year I think

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
PastyStoole;n284748 said:
She left him little alternative, really. She was preventing him from joining in the Clockwork Orange-style brutality orgy his colleagues were enjoying.

Alex: I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.

Saw it at 18 Center Theater in Gainesville. AppleBees in front now.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of their fans will be gone in the 3rd qtr - hitting thr highway before traffic gets bad.

Gators 28
Vols 12

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n284696 said:
I was at that FSU game in the erector set when we stormed the field. It was beautiful. I've never seen anything like it since. We had ballsy and wonderfully obnoxious fans back then.
We beat Georgia one year in Jacksonville and stormed the field. Tore down the goal posts, etc. Did a lot of damage. Celebrated, undeterred by any law enforcement, who were hopelessly outnumbered anyway. The next year they got wise and lined the stadium with police in riot gear and drawn nightsticks. When Georgia won, the fans in the endzone pushed down the fence to crash the field. The folks in the front rows who were well aware of the police presence in front of them were reluctant participants and got their asses clubbed. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved cracking skulls, etc. It was beautiful to watch the Georgia fans joy and enthusiasm over their win turn into screams of horror, pain and agony as the police unleashed their brutal assault. It was almost worth losing to watch that. By the way, this is a great lesson to all Gators to stay until the end of the game, even if we are losing. You never know when some opposing fan will get his ass kicked for being a loudmouth or challenging law enforcement. When it happens, you want to be there to see it.

1984, 27-0, broke the six game losing streak to the Pups

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That sportswriter form Knoxville - really? Of course he isn't serious. Because he knows that we place the bulk of the opponent's tickets in one section of the stadium (several actual sections), and quite obviously, if they tried such a bone-headed stunt, the SEC office would see in replay that it was the Tennessee fans that left their seats. But even if they find a way to win, they won't storm the field because
  • Unlike other SEC stadiums, it's about a 6 foot drop from the first row to the field, which could cause some serious injuries and
  • If they make it that far, the drop will slow them down enough for the GPD K-9s to take some serious bites out of their fans
Of course, we all are pretty sure that they won't need to do this, but just in case, my two points above are good enough reasons for them not to try it

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n284862 said:
That sportswriter form Knoxville - really? Of course he isn't serious. Because he knows that we place the bulk of the opponent's tickets in one section of the stadium (several actual sections), and quite obviously, if they tried such a bone-headed stunt, the SEC office would see in replay that it was the Tennessee fans that left their seats. But even if they find a way to win, they won't storm the field because
  • Unlike other SEC stadiums, it's about a 6 foot drop from the first row to the field, which could cause some serious injuries and
  • If they make it that far, the drop will slow them down enough for the GPD K-9s to take some serious bites out of their fans

Of course, we all are pretty sure that they won't need to do this, but just in case, my two points above are good enough reasons for them not to try it

Not to mention jail.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n284664 said:
Some Gator fans stormed the field after a win in Tallahassee once in the early 80s I think. FSU turned on the sprinklers. I believe that's the last time Gators did it anywhere.

It was 82, Gator fans tore down the goalposts at Joke Shambles.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That "sportswriter" sounds like a typical hillbilly goofball with the sophistication of a jelly doughnut.

"Hey, hey, ya'll! Here's an awesome i-dear! When we done beat them Gators storm the field in a Gator shirt! Ain't nobody be the wiser. That'll be a sure fire way to show 'em our Tennersee pride! Yessir, that'll be a good'n alright! Ayucka.....yucka.....yucka!"

:jerkit:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n284772 said:
he QB'd against bama at bama last year I think

Only SEC games he played in on the road last season were at USCe and Vandy.

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
But Vandy can be deafening...................................................... For the home team :proud:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n284933 said:
That "sportswriter" sounds like a typical hillbilly goofball with the sophistication of a jelly doughnut.

"Hey, hey, ya'll! Here's an awesome i-dear! When we done beat them Gators storm the field in a Gator shirt! Ain't nobody be the wiser. That'll be a sure fire way to show 'em our Tennersee pride! Yessir, that'll be a good'n alright! Ayucka.....yucka.....yucka!"

:jerkit:

You'd have to read/listen to him regularly to appreciate but I actually really like him. He's hilariously sarcastic...all the time. A ton of UT fans hate him because he is quick to point out when they are being stupid.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
bradgator2;n284644 said:
First off, show some class and act like you've won before. Pathetic.

Second off, I agree with URG... it will get ugly in the stands if they pull that stunt. I remember (the 97?) FSU game where we wanted to storm the swamp. They brought in like 2000 cops to line the field... against our OWN fans. A couple of braves souls attempted it, and quickly regretted that decision.
But they haven't won before, at least not for a decade.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n284992 said:
I have so many favorite games but that's gotta be in the top 3. BTW, No visiting team is storming Florida Field.

Looking forward to this game though. I love the sound of Rocky Top in The Swamp, it sounds like.... Victory!

**** that song.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n285023 said:
You'd have to read/listen to him regularly to appreciate but I actually really like him. He's hilariously sarcastic...all the time. A ton of UT fans hate him because he is quick to point out when they are being stupid.

Sorry man, I know living in Knoxville you've kinda' been suffering some of the jabs due to association by location. Collateral damage if you will. :D

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we send Josh Dobbs and his Vols home with a huge L. They've beat Bowling Green and W.Carolina and think they are a powerhouse. **** the vols, **** all of their players **** Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator