UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
So that's why I got the call from them. Think I'll string them along so I can get another buck an hour out of my boss...then I'll tell them no.
I'm slow playing UT hoping to leverage my local high school into adding the all you can eat salad bar to my meal plan. I think it may have backfired, as they realized no one really wants that job. Looks like I'm going to be brown bagging it.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
This is a full blown disaster for ut!:giggle:
Fans up here were all up in arms last week then calmed down saying Philoptomus would save them. Now reports of Steele going to be hired and it's back to a complete melt down. People are losing their minds over this. Absolutely the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed when it comes to ut football and what a joke it has become! Christmas came early this year!
Go Gators!!!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Vol fans now think they are going to land Chris Peterson:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/286906-brice.html

:snicker2:
giphy.gif

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Source tells FootballScoop Fulmer is set to meet with Mel Tucker today in NYC. We understand this will be Tucker’s second talk with the Tennessee search. Kevin Steele remains a candidate and Chad Morris has visited with Fulmer as well (after already having visited with Currie). All of the above is per sources and we continue to hear that while in New York Fulmer is keeping his options open with regards to other potential candidates. We also though continue to hear Fulmer would like to have his man decided by the end of the day. Will update as more is clear.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Source tells FootballScoop Fulmer is set to meet with Mel Tucker today in NYC. We understand this will be Tucker’s second talk with the Tennessee search. Kevin Steele remains a candidate and Chad Morris has visited with Fulmer as well (after already having visited with Currie). All of the above is per sources and we continue to hear that while in New York Fulmer is keeping his options open with regards to other potential candidates. We also though continue to hear Fulmer would like to have his man decided by the end of the day. Will update as more is clear.
hidenburg.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Oh please God let them hire Mel Tucker. :lol:
This is the first coaching search of a rival I can remember having thought this same thing about so many names associated with the job. My favorite is Tee Martin, even though it appears even Phil is too smart for that play. I'm not sure whether that hire would bring more joy in Gainesville or LA.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to see a name hired that the fan base will hate, like Mel Tucker or Kevin Steele. I want to sit back with a Zima in each hand and enjoy the implosion. The best part is they can't vilify Currie anymore - it's their very own savior Phat Phil that they'll have to rip to shreds this time.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot who Mel Tucker is and had to google him. I'm definitely in favor of UT hiring anyone that I have to google.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Bunch of moonshine fueled hillbillies. I hope they hire a google coach so we can watch them run another one out of town. Who in their right mind wants to coach there now.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The best part is they can't vilify Currie anymore - it's their very own savior Phat Phil that they'll have to rip to shreds this time.

Not to rush this slow motion implosion, but in hoping it has more legs than most I wonder how things play out for 2-3 yrs of a Phil Fulmer Athletic Debacle, and then WHO do they get? I have hopes this isn't a one season struggle, but a decade long bumblefk of coaching and AD positions for our orange friends.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just an update

My sources have informed me that I have not accepted the position at the University of Tennessee. Previous rumors that it's a done deal are false.

Better hurry and accept; night watchman at the cadaver farm won't be open long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator