UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
He turned aorund on of the worst football programs in the country. He’s coached in the NFL. What’s Pruitt accomplished as a HC?

That's my point. Pruitt has never been a head coach anywhere so it's impossible to compare. I posted that I thought Pruitt was an upgrade over Schiano due to his 68-67 record at Rutgers and 11-27 record with Tampa Bay where he was hated by practically every player and ran out of town.
In this case I'll take the unknown.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of coaching vacancies the past 30 days and I haven't heard Schiano's name mentioned other than Tenn. That tells me a lot.
I certainly don't recall Pruitt's name being mentioned either. Not once.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They should have gone after coordinators from the get go. No established head coach wants to ruin his career, might as well con a coordinator into thinking he can save that train wreck.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Just an update

My sources have informed me that I have not accepted the position at the University of Tennessee. Previous rumors that it's a done deal are false.

I am ready, willing and largely unqualified to be your DC for a mere $500k, 3 years guaranteed. I’d even take LB coach at $200k as long as I get to recruit New Orleans. Your high octane offense will get the ball back VERY quickly. Just don’t punt.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Did you know that not only did Fulmer stab his HC & Mentor Johnny Majors to snake the HC job away from him, they are from the same high school (Franklin County, TN) and are two of the most famous alumni of that school. (Most famous is probably John Templeton, founder of Templeton Funds.)

Majors had heart surgery just before the start of of the 1992 season. Fulmer led the team while Majors was out and is rumored to have been involved in shoving Majors out. Majors was a Spurrier-type figure at Ut, a Heisman runner-up, 10-1 his senior year & finished #2.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
If true, this has major disaster potential. The HC needs to hire his preferred assistants to have the best chance at a cohesive staff.

Forcing an OC and DC onto a HC increases the risk of division that includes the chance that someone runs to Daddy Fulmer if the big bad HC makes a decision he doesn’t agree with.

I’m no fan of fulmer, but I’m surprised he might go against basic Leadership 101 principles. Not to gloat, but I won’t cry about it.

Especially with Pruitt being a notoriously toxic and abrasive individual, the possibility for chaos is enormous. OTOH, Pruitt is the most competent of the 3 names mentioned.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ClowESPN: Sources tell ESPN that Tennessee is in the process of trying to finalize a deal with Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt after offering him the job earlier in the day. Vols also interviewed Auburn DC Kevin Steele and Georgia DC Mel Tucker.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am ready, willing and largely unqualified to be your DC for a mere $500k, 3 years guaranteed. I’d even take LB coach at $200k as long as I get to recruit New Orleans. Your high octane offense will get the ball back VERY quickly. Just don’t punt.
if I change my mind, you will be my first choice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@ClowESPN: Sources tell ESPN that Tennessee is in the process of trying to finalize a deal with Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt after offering him the job earlier in the day. Vols also interviewed Auburn DC Kevin Steele and Georgia DC Mel Tucker.

Code word for “ please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please...for the love of God please!”

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Sources: Tennessee assistants were informed tonight to come off the road recruiting in anticipation of Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt being named Vols coach Thursday. Pruitt’s imminent hiring 1st reported by @JimmyHyams

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This shouldn't be allowed.

@DanWolken: If the Pruitt to Tennessee deal goes though, Jimmy Sexton will represent 10 of the 14 SEC head coaches

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Schlabaugh : Tennessee will name Jeremy Pruitt as Head Coach tomorrow.......12/07

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.