UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, when they finally get somebody willing to wade into that mess, methinks they are gonna wish they hadn't run off Schiano.
No one ever regrets running off Schiano.

Hopefully these fvkking ADs learn that they aren't the damn king and fear enough to listen to their boosters.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
331d70cbb6107bd9790869f168dc6a7d.jpg

Wow. I thought this was a joke, meme or something. After seeing the article I get what he means (This article is wrong) but this is SO tone deaf and can easily be seen as a taunt.

I’m so glad we have nothing to do with this twit.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ClowESPN: Tennessee has reached out to David Cutcliffe about the Vols' head coaching job, but Cutcliffe informed UT officials that he wasn't interested and plans to finish his coaching career at Duke. The Blue Devils are bowl eligible for the 5th time in the last 6 years.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Add to the fact they are already cash strapped AND they are probably going to have to pay Schiano.

They can't afford anyone worth a salt. Maybe they try to relive the Dooley era.

It's a dumpster fire no doubt. However don't kid yourself thinking UT is "cash strapped" or "can't afford" anything.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I expect Schiano to sue the pants off of UT and win millions. He has a case that his future career prospects have been ruined over this.

Who is he going to sue Ox? A bunch of twitter followers? The UT administration was by the book in this.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
McQueary dragged him in by mentioning he saw something in his deposition. It may or may not be true but when it comes to child rape the bar is really low for a lot of people.
McQueary said another coach mentioned that Schiano may have seen something years earlier. The other coach flat out denied ever saying it and Schiano denied having any knowledge. Again, what did he do wrong?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who is he going to sue Ox? A bunch of twitter followers? The UT administration was by the book in this.
No they weren’t. They hit the chickensh*t switch when the inbreds found out how to use social media and went into full blown defamation mode. I get the administration can’t control the hillbillies, but if an offer was made and agreed to, they could be on the hook for backing out.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All those tools rioting and painting rocks up in hicksville are probably the same snowflakes who rioted after the election last year. Time to grow up and act your age and not your shoe size.
DINMTOxUIAAi4x-.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's a dumpster fire no doubt. However don't kid yourself thinking UT is "cash strapped" or "can't afford" anything.

Sure as long as the Haslam's and others are willing to fund. Coaches are going to really look hard and skeptically at UT from now on. If a Twitter tirade can set off the events of last weekend, will really make it hard to overcome that with potentials. Not to mention the effectiveness of the AD office.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Campbell just re-upped with ISU so he is off the board now it appears. Tee Martin on lines 1-4 on hold for hours now...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I could see Tee Martin taking the job. TN would want one of their own, someone who won championships, and they are running out of candidates. Martin, on the other hand, likely isn't 'coming home' as much as using the oppotunity to jump from OC to HC, a stepping stone through a familiar place with friendly faces. Even if he stumbles a bit, the rabid fans would be half hesitant to call for his head if they truly appreciate what he did as a player and will call it 'growing pains' in his first HC job. Any sane person in Martin's position would consider the step up, but should recognize how toxic the UT environment is and look for a safer place to develop HC skills.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Tee Martin may be their only option. They think they can get Auburn’s DC but no one is touching them right now. I heard they are so desperate that that asked Jason Witten if he was interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.