Van Jefferson eligibility

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hey, anyone think we will EVER get around to FILING an appeal for Van Jefferson?

I know it is summer and academia like to take most of the summer off, but we are rapidly running out of time here. And that is if everything goes smoothly.

Relax, Foley is on it. I hear he is handling it personally. Nothing to worry about. :thumbup:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Ole Miss is actually arguing the position that Hugh Freeze DIDN'T mislead kids about the school, the team, the program, etc.? Really? That's what they are going with?

:rotfl:
It is Mississippi after all would you really expect a better excuse

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hey, anyone think we will EVER get around to FILING an appeal for Van Jefferson?

I know it is summer and academia like to take most of the summer off, but we are rapidly running out of time here. And that is if everything goes smoothly.

Obviously, you haven't been around college football long and have a bit to learn. A good start would be going back to watch a few seasons of 'Coach', especially the episode where he has a star player fake an injury then jump out of the wheelchair at gametime knowing the other team never prepared for him to be on the field. Pay attention here, son. Deception is part of the game.

Similarly, you may have heard of these 'silent commits' among recruits to throw off other programs. This causes other programs to waste effort on recruiting a kid who (silently) committed to you already, and lulls your opponents into false confidence that you won't have that blue chipper on your roster. Deception, knowing what you know, and what they know, and knowing you know, ya know?

What we have here is a new take on that silent commit means of deception. Since Jefferson is NOT a HS recruit, the old ruse won't work. Instead, we're doing the 'silent appeal' to get his eligibility. Kirby is gonna have a conniption fit.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Obviously, you haven't been around college football long and have a bit to learn. A good start would be going back to watch a few seasons of 'Coach', especially the episode where he has a star player fake an injury then jump out of the wheelchair at gametime knowing the other team never prepared for him to be on the field. Pay attention here, son. Deception is part of the game.

Similarly, you may have heard of these 'silent commits' among recruits to throw off other programs. This causes other programs to waste effort on recruiting a kid who (silently) committed to you already, and lulls your opponents into false confidence that you won't have that blue chipper on your roster. Deception, knowing what you know, and what they know, and knowing you know, ya know?

What we have here is a new take on that silent commit means of deception. Since Jefferson is NOT a HS recruit, the old ruse won't work. Instead, we're doing the 'silent appeal' to get his eligibility. Kirby is gonna have a conniption fit.
:lmao:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It's a done deal....please move on to new negativity.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a done deal....please move on to new negativity.....
No offense but your legal experience doesnt serve you well. I remember these same useless morons telling us that the Sharif Floyd deal was a done deal then he missed September and October one year because of some brownies and incompetent and lazy attorneys.

There is no such thing as a done deal. Its a done deal when you fike the petition, it goes some where to the pile on some bureaucrat's desk, it eventually reaches the top of the pile, the bureaucrats get around to having a meeting and signing it.

THAT is when it is a done deal. Dealing with an arbitrary bureaucracy is anything but predictable.

Last edited:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No offense but your legal experience doesnt serve you well. I remember these same useless morons telling us that the Sharif Floyd deal was a done deal then he missed September and October one year because of some brownies and incompetent and lazy attorneys.

There is no such thing as a done deal. Its a done deal when you fike the petition, it goes some where to the pile on some bureaucrat's desk, it eventually reaches the top of the pile, the bureaucrats get around to having a meeting and signing it.

THAT is when it is a done deal.

I can’t give a post more than one like, but this one deserves it. Anyone in any way involved in selling or negotiating anything should intuitively know this, and this is a common fk up with people who should know better.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any word on Jefferson & Grimes? The last post on here was 2 weeks ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any word on Jefferson & Grimes? The last post on here was 2 weeks ago.
Dont worry. It is so in the bag, we arent even going to file an appeal.

That is the way the great attorneys handle their business.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Dont worry. It is so in the bag, we arent even going to file an appeal.

That is the way the great attorneys handle their business.
At first, I thought you were just being reactionary. Now I’m legitimately concerned. What the hell are they waiting on? The NCAA to do the paperwork for them?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At first, I thought you were just being reactionary. Now I’m legitimately concerned. What the hell are they waiting on? The NCAA to do the paperwork for them?
Reactionary? Hell it was lazy not to have the thing filed in February.

These NCAA people are bureaucrats with a known history of taking their own damn time and making insanely arbitrary decisions.

Of course, our attorneys are lazy fvkking bureaucrats themselves.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
No rush, it's just the kid's life they're f-ing with.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Pittman said the fact that Jefferson, Grimes and the 2018 recruits were coming aboard was the reason he went with the ducks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.