Verne's Farewell Tour

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=45374

Verne Lundquist, the voice of the SEC ON CBS since 2000, has decided to step down from his lead college football role at CBS Sports following the 2016 season. Lundquist, who is celebrating his 53rd year in television, will continue calling regular-season college basketball, the NCAA Tournament and golf, including the Masters® and the PGA Championship for the Network.

Brad Nessler will succeed Lundquist as the lead play-by-play announcer for the SEC ON CBS, joining lead analyst Gary Danielson and reporter Allie LaForce beginning with the 2017 season. Additionally, Nessler will begin calling select SEC games this season in the weeks that CBS Sports broadcasts two SEC football games, as well as the 2016 Hyundai Sun Bowl and select college basketball games. The announcements were made today by Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Technically, he left about a decade ago.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'll drink to that!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have to admit I'll miss him a little, it's just one of those things that I associate with game time, hearing his voice and feeling butterflies in my belly, which is usually full of beer by game time :lol:, and pacing back and forth across the living room floor like I'm actually getting ready to play in the game instead of watching it, are a few of the things that remind why I love CFB so much. It sure seems like it has been longer than 16 years to me. Although he is undoubtedly slipping a little it's always fun to try and gauge just how many cocktails he's downed before going on.
In fact whenever CBS isn't doing our game I go straight for the radio call....."Hello everybody, this is Mick Hubert".....Damn is there really 94 more days before the season starts.....

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I have to admit I'll miss him a little, it's just one of those things that I associate with game time, hearing his voice and feeling butterflies in my belly, which is usually full of beer by game time :lol:, and pacing back and forth across the living room floor like I'm actually getting ready to play in the game instead of watching it, are a few of the things that remind why I love CFB so much. It sure seems like it has been longer than 16 years to me. Although he is undoubtedly slipping a little it's always fun to try and gauge just how many cocktails he's downed before going on.
In fact whenever CBS isn't doing our game I go straight for the radio call....."Hello everybody, this is Mick Hubert".....Damn is there really 94 more days before the season starts.....

Have a few more beers and you'll wake up just in time for
kick-off.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:yes:

screen-shot-2014-01-13-at-12-46-43-am.png

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've always enjoyed Verne calling a game. However, these last few years he messes up names a lot. He needs to retire.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I will take Verne over Burnt Mushyburger any day. But I do like Nessler and look forward to him calling the games. Verne's day is done and it is time to move on... may the LaForce be with you.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will take Verne over Burnt Mushyburger any day. But I do like Nessler and look forward to him calling the games. Verne's day is done and it is time to move on... may the LaForce be with you.

Yeah. They both suck. However, Danielson us excellent.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Nothing better than Verne losing it here:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.