Veteran Salute - Thank you for your service!

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
and Happy 243rd Birthday, Jarheads! Semper fi!
MarineSalute.gif
FYI>>> At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, 1918, the armistice (ceasefire) in The War to End All Wars went into effect.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hope all my fellow Marines had a great Birthday yesterday!

Honored a special group of veterans this morning with an 11:11 shot. "We will Remember Them."

It was a privilege to have served for such an incredible Nation and alongside some absolutely amazing individuals.

God Bless the United States of America.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
To all current military and veterans, THANK YOU for your service!!!

Edit: I’ll play along with everyone else... USCG ‘92 - present.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Salute to all.

"We lead others follow" TN State Guard, 2LT 61st Medco

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In church today, my wife had to cajole me into standing up when they acknowledged the veterans. I served six years in the United States Navy, I'm not sure I deserve any special acknowledgement for that, I just considered it my duty. I will always be far more grateful and humbled by the men who fought and died or fought and lived, and lived in an agony that we rarely speak of. It's probably more important to remember that many of these men came home shattered and have fought terrifying battles in their sleep, struggled in life from the trauma of war and remained distant in their friendships and relationships. If you see one of these men, buy him a drink and thank him sincerely. It's a personal policy of mine to do that every chance I get, I hope you can do that too.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I fly this flag to honor our veterans. In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky,
The larks, still bravely singing, fly,
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead; short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields............................John McCrae, 1872 - 1918

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I remember every day leaving the base when taps would play over the loud speakers and we would stop our cars or whatever we were doing and get out and salute. It always meant something to me but now it really means more. I am so grateful to all who served and are still serving. My son retires early next year with 21 years in and 6 combat deployments. I also have 2 other sons by marriage who have served, an ex daughter in law who served and a son in law who served.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
To all of our Marines...thanks for serving as our Navy's butlers.
And to the rest of our veterans...thanks for your service.
HMCM, USN (Ret)
1984-2014
Desert Storm, OIF

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Thank you. It was my honor and privilege to serve and extremely blessed to reach end of tour with body and spirit intact. 1973-1997, USAF, World's Greatest Bomber Pilot. Of course there were about 1200 other guys who claimed that title at the time:).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you all service soldiers for your bravery. Thank you for the infusing into our nation the very best character.

Looking at all the aligned headstones/crosses in national cemeteries, tears well up. Think of the American Cemetery in Flanders Field where our soldiers' lifes-deaths are honored in the foreign country of Belgium. Those young Americans sacrificed life to rescue a country that was foreign to their way of life. God bless them and their descendants.

We owe it to all veterans, deceased and living, to guide our Nation to stay the course that those men believed in so much. Patriotism should be resurrected and stay solid. God bless all veterans, God bless their families who also sacrifice tremendously. We should have recognition for a Veteran's History Month. Lord knows we have many many stories of worthy people, worthy events.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.