Vol fans never learn

M

Mr. Jones

Founding Member
Founding Member
"On paper" the Gators would have made at least one trip to Atlanta during these past five years. I have yet to see any evidence that Butch Jones is a good coach. That said, there is also no evidence that McElwain is a one either. I will miss the excitement of seeing which coach can burst his a vein first since Muschamp won't be on the sideline this year. Both Jones and Muschamp were the most comical coaches with the way they lose their cool at the drop of a hat. I do hope that the game is better than the last time UT came to Gainesville. Both teams were plain awful and it was hard on even the announcers to watch the trainwreck that transpired that day. I predict UF will win because it's hard to imagine Butch Jones coaching well. If UT wins, I will start to wonder if McElwain is a another "Foley Special," a parting gift from the Super genius before he retires.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mr. Jones;n239366 said:
"On paper" the Gators would have made at least one trip to Atlanta during these past five years. I have yet to see any evidence that Butch Jones is a good coach. That said, there is also no evidence that McElwain is a one either. I will miss the excitement of seeing which coach can burst his a vein first since Muschamp won't be on the sideline this year. Both Jones and Muschamp were the most comical coaches with the way they lose their cool at the drop of a hat. I do hope that the game is better than the last time UT came to Gainesville. Both teams were plain awful and it was hard on even the announcers to watch the trainwreck that transpired that day. I predict UF will win because it's hard to imagine Butch Jones coaching well. If UT wins, I will start to wonder if McElwain is a another "Foley Special," a parting gift from the Super genius before he retires.

Hmmm.....:headshake:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You would think they would award a coach for being a good coach. Maybe if they even broke down into coach of the year in every conference to give some validation to the coaches that know what they are doing. If only either of these guys had won something like that in the past...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. Jones;n239366 said:

You might not suck one but you'd hold it in your mouth wouldn't you?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gator Fever;n239345 said:
On paper it does look like they are definitely better positioned for the season than we are but hopefully the Swamp and the coaching will get us another win over them. Glad its early in the season also so maybe the O line will still be holding up.
It being early in the season and the game being in the Swamp is the only reason I believe we'll get the W. I believe Gatornation is going to show up and make the "Swamp" loud as hell for this one. BTW..Jones is a sh*tty coach but he's stacking talent upon talent (Just like Jimbo has done)with each class so unfortunately he's bound to start winning some games sooner or later.

M

Mr. Jones

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n239376 said:
You would think they would award a coach for being a good coach. Maybe if they even broke down into coach of the year in every conference to give some validation to the coaches that know what they are doing. If only either of these guys had won something like that in the past...

Will Muschamp-SEC Coach of the Year. Coaching awards don't mean you're a great coach. Muschamp never even won a division crown, yet his buddy Fisher has dominated the ACC and still hasn't been deemed good enough to be named for the award. Forget the awards, let's go for the guy who wins. Has Urban Meyer ever received an award? All he does is win. I guess if you win a lot of games or titles it doesn't mean much to the pointy heads who choose such things.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Mr. Jones;n239396 said:
Will Muschamp-SEC Coach of the Year. Coaching awards don't mean you're a great coach. Muschamp never even won a division crown, yet his buddy Fisher has dominated the ACC and still hasn't been deemed good enough to be named for the award. Forget the awards, let's go for the guy who wins. Has Urban Meyer ever received an award? All he does is win. I guess if you win a lot of games or titles it doesn't mean much to the pointy heads who choose such things.
You are bad at trolling :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
On paper they should drag our ass but i cant see them beating us in the Swamp. That being said if Butch Jones can't beat us this year then he'll never beat us.

On paper we should have beat Ga. Southern in the Swamp.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is the same schtick every year coming out of Knoxville. These UT fans up hear do the same thing every year, nothing different, rinse and repeat. This is the third year of their "Brick by Brick" rebuilding of the program by Jones. So by their plan they are now world beaters. Told several of them just this week, You better beat UF this year. If you don't, you won't for a long time. And I don't see the streak ending this year. If WM went 4-0 against you and beat UT with last year's team, IN YOUR HOUSE (all checker boarded BTW), there's no reason to doubt that Mac will lose his first game to UT at the Swamp. Jones needs to stick to being in the band rather than coaching.

seniorglory.jpg

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even the bookies in Vegas are drinking the kool-aid, for them to be a favorite over Oklahoma and 4 point favorite over the Gators in the swamp??! Of course those are early lines and the one against Florida will change between now and kickoff of that game. Our defense will still dominate their offense and I have faith that Mac can get the offense to put enough points on the board to beat them. The streak continues and once again we crush their dreams of winning the East early in the season.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n239409 said:
Even the bookies in Vegas are drinking the kool-aid, for them to be a favorite over Oklahoma and 4 point favorite over the Gators in the swamp??! Of course those are early lines and the one against Florida will change between now and kickoff of that game. Our defense will still dominate their offense and I have faith that Mac can get the offense to put enough points on the board to beat them. The streak continues and once again we crush their dreams of winning the East early in the season.

No way this will be true by the time the season starts. That's easy money.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. Jones;n239366 said:
:shutmouth:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
GatorGriff;n239238 said:
Originally posted by Marianna,FL_Gator View Post
On paper they should drag our ass but i cant see them beating us in the Swamp. That being said if Butch Jones can't beat us this year then he'll never beat us.

What makes you think they are better than us on paper?

Maybe he meant "they are better than us on the internet" given how their fans are again overly confident and yet unproven while some on our forums dont' believe we'll do better than .500?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n239636 said:
Maybe he meant "they are better than us on the internet" given how their fans are again overly confident and yet unproven while some on our forums dont' believe we'll do better than .500?
Look around mjm and law dont expect us to beat florida Atlantic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator