Walker Suspended 3 Games

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida Gators sophomore forward Chris Walker will miss the first three games of the season while serving a suspension for violation of team rules, head coach Billy Donovan announced on Wednesday.
Donovan also noted that four-star freshman guard Brandon Francis, who OnlyGators.com first reported was cleared academically to enroll at Florida, will sit out the 2014-15 season while he works to improve his grades in order to get approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/#ixzz3GEn6wTx9
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wow huge loss with Francis. Back court is is going to be extremely thin. The only thing behind Frazier and hill is an undersized Chris chiozza and Dan Werner I mean Dillon Graham. This team is still going to be fun to watch.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
groundhog-day-bill-murray-booze.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if they'll cut their ties with Francis. Probably a smart move with the guys at his position on Florida's radar

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like Walker will miss William & Mary, Miami and Louisiana-Monroe... hopefully we can win those without him... we should... and get him back for Georgetown in Atlantis.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n80773 said:
It looks like Walker will miss William & Mary, Miami and Louisiana-Monroe... hopefully we can win those without him... we should... and get him back for Georgetown in Atlantis.

Article said the exhibition game against Barry Univ. will count towards the 3 game suspension, so he'll be back for ULM.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n80776 said:
Article said the exhibition game against Barry Univ. will count towards the 3 game suspension, so he'll be back for ULM.

unless it is cancelled due to lightning... :fear:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n80776 said:

That's good news

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n80707 said:
I wonder if they'll cut their ties with Francis. Probably a smart move with the guys at his position on Florida's radar

Hopefully Francis will get it together - he was going to see a lot of PT for a true freshman, so he has blown a golden opportunity by not attending to his grades in Summer B and the first few weeks of Fall semester. If he doesn't get the grades up, we won't have to worry about cutting ties with him - he would have done that himself.

Oh and Walker's 3-game suspension - I'm guessing it has something to do with weed, but that's just how I think. :stoner:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n80836 said:
Hopefully Francis will get it together - he was going to see a lot of PT for a true freshman, so he has blown a golden opportunity by not attending to his grades in Summer B and the first few weeks of Fall semester. If he doesn't get the grades up, we won't have to worry about cutting ties with him - he would have done that himself.

Oh and Walker's 3-game suspension - I'm guessing it has something to do with weed, but that's just how I think. :stoner:
Probably right about walker. We just better hope Eli Carter is healthy because this leaves a huge hole in our back court.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I like about Billy Donovan...he does not care who you think you are...you are a team member of the Florida Gator Basketball team. There are standards...it is your job to meet them. We started last year without enough guys to scrimmage and look how that turned out. We'll be fine.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n80882 said:
One thing I like about Billy Donovan...he does not care who you think you are...you are a team member of the Florida Gator Basketball team. There are standards...it is your job to meet them. We started last year without enough guys to scrimmage and look how that turned out. We'll be fine.[/Quote/]

he's a phenomenal coach you gotta love the way he runs the program and coaches his team up. You're exactly right we'll be fine

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
“He has such a long way to go in terms of being reliable, accountable and disciplined. Those would be the three things I would say I don’t have a great grasp on right now, but we’re going to find out.”

This means to me that don't count on him being a big contributor but rather another example of a "one and done" that is not really focused on being a student nor a team player. I hope I am wrong since I would like him to get an education.

Other player also get your college career in the right spot and then play, we educate first play next.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't three games the standard second offense pothead penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.