Was the S&C program partly responsible for Will Grier's UF downfall?

Do you think the poor Florida S&C program contributed to Will Grier's demise?

• Yes

Votes: 74 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 30.2%

• Total voters

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is probable that Grier would never had gotten himself into trouble if we had a competent S&C program at the time. That may have been why McElwain forced Grier out. It draws all of the attention on Grier instead of what was lacking in the S&C program.

Nord and Nuss were truly awful hires, but one could argue that Mike Kent was the worst hire of all. His incompetence really affected the entire team.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You'd have to be fairly specific to point to coke. Even inferences without supporting evidence would be highly unprofessional.

Did he have the sniffles? Powder on his beard? Twitchy and nervous acting? Tried to bum a cigarette off a writer?

Dunno. Strikes me as out there. Then again, out there seemed to follow Grier every step of the way.

We could send in Kramer to do some investigating...he could wear the mohair sweater and have a polaroid camera in tow!!

http://postshowrecaps.com/tv-show/s...isode-67-recap-podcast-season-5-episode-4-68/

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the scenario I envision:

Grier, after a demanding session of stretches and yoga poses stops by the nutrition counter on his way out of the weight room. "Hey Will, coach made a PBJ specially for you. it'll help you get swole!" shouts geriatric aerobics instructor, Mike Kent. Grier immediately drives to GNC and asks for two of everything

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now I seem to remember some people on here saying the PEDs were supplied by the S&C before the story changed.... does any one think an S&C this pathetic would know anything about PEDs?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He wanted to get stronger, better.

Even though the timeline had Grier experimenting with the banned substance as early as July 2015, it's likely he wasn't getting much guidance or support from the staff.

Going back and revisiting the Mac experience is like remembering a failed marriage. You're not sure whether to laugh, cry or spit.
An apt analogy if ever there were one.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I voted yes, but I wonder how our nutrition program is going. It was thought to be one of the best but talk is easy, actual work is more difficult. In the end of course he is responsible for going there and taking whatever he took.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There is every reason to suspect that the pathetic wheeze of a S&C program "run" by Kent, may have resulted in this disaster, as well as others that only showed up as ass whippings at the hands of properly trained teams. Of course, the real culprits in all of this are JM, and JF for hiring him in the first place.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nord and Nuss were truly awful hires, but one could argue that Mike Kent was the worst hire of all. His incompetence really affected the entire team.
All close personal friends of Butterteeth for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.