Was Vandy the best Gator comeback in 20 years?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
My older brother has said for years that Auburn '86 was his favorite game in the Swamp...I might have been there, as a fetus...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was there. My wife and I were in the student section near the top.
My wife couldn't watch the two point conversion, she sat there with her head in her lap and waited for the crowd reaction.

The basketball team had a preseason game that started right after the football game so we attended that as well.

Great memory

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
I was standing in the south end zone with older brother (Auburn grad) and friend on the east side to see the 2-pt nicely after getting kicked out of seats for drinking about 10 minutes before.

That worked out well for you. The punishment definitely ended up rewarding the crime!

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
The 2000 South Carolina game comes to mind. We were also down 21-3. Palmer had to come off the bench, scoring a touchdown where he caught his own deflection and ran it in. A few really good punt returns by Sheppard and Florida scored 38 Unanswered

I was working at Grandy's as a teenager and I got off work just in time to run up 2nd ave to go to this game. When I got there and to my seat (great seats. West side like ten rows up near the 40, closer to the South end zone) we were down 21-3. I couldn't believe it. I think we blocked a couple punts that game to aid the comeback. We won 41-21. I don't think anybody in the stadium thought the cocks would win. Even when they were up 21-3

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
I was working at Grandy's as a teenager and I got off work just in time to run up 2nd ave to go to this game. When I got there and to my seat (great seats. West side like ten rows up near the 40, closer to the South end zone) we were down 21-3. I couldn't believe it. I think we blocked a couple punts that game to aid the comeback. We won 41-21. I don't think anybody in the stadium thought the cocks would win. Even when they were up 21-3

Kind of like this week's Vandy game... :)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Bruce W said
I was working at Grandy's as a teenager and I got off work just in time to run up 2nd ave to go to this game.

Grandy's cinnamon rolls.............
giphy.gif

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I was standing in the south end zone with older brother (Auburn grad) and friend on the east side to see the 2-pt nicely after getting kicked out of seats for drinking about 10 minutes before.

What a coincidence, my best friend got kicked out of Gator Band that day for the same reason. When he fell over into the tubas the gig was up.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being down 30-14 to UcheaT back in 1995 then scoring 48 more was sweet.

This is the game I originally thought of. Not as large as a deficit as this Vandy game or others mentioned, but a very sweet victory nonetheless.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
That was epic...shock and awe.
First game that came to mind to me as well. I was at both 95 Tenn and 86 Auburn. Completely different games. That Tenn game was cathartic. We went down early, made a huge play (think Joey Kent) and then still went down big at half time. We then came out in the second half and unleashed the greatest comeback I've ever experienced. I still remember shouting 48 straight over and over again while leaving the Swamp in a downpour. It was magical. 86 Auburn was pure, raw elation as a 1-4 team took down a top 4 unbeaten rival. Both great in their own right, but that Tenn game was so much more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.