Watching the Memphis game tonight (Norvell offense)

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Small stadium with a high school crowd is a bummer.
I love TU’s lil stadium. Back when I was growing up it was called Skelly Stadium and would seat like 55-60k, which was honestly way too much for a small private school like that. The only times it would fill up is when either OU or OSU would come to town, or the annual Highschool match up from Jenks and Tulsa Union, the 2 powerhouse programs in state. Anyways they did a renovation and as part of it, reduced capacity down to like 30-35k and just made it all much nicer. When TU is good and their offense is humming, it’s a super fun intimate atmosphere with no bad seats in the building. I’m sure approximately 2.7% found that story any kind of interesting at all so thanks for reading anyways.:lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law Donkey, I just noticed your Avatar. Keeping up with them is difficult. This one is especially cold if I'm reading the conotation right :),

An in-Law.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That's an apples to oranges comparison. It's not uncommon for UF to win the East. The divisions were split 25 years before Mac got there and UF had about half of the titles, which is like winning the East every other year.

Memphis is rarely in the top 25. In my lifetime they have far more losing seasons than winning seasons. This literally has been their best decade of football in school history. Yes Fuente built them up, but Norvell is continuing to improve them. Usually if a Memphis coach has some success and leaves, they go right back to losing. It's a very difficult school to maintain winning seasons at, let alone win 10 games at.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law Donkey, I just noticed your Avatar. Keeping up with them is difficult. This one is especially cold if I'm reading the conotation right :),
It is a classic that I used on GSMB for years. It isnt complicated. I started using it a few days after Barak Obama (the actual shooter as I recall from the press conference) assisted by a few SEALs put a sunroof in Usama Bin Ladin's head.

One of our recent GSMB immigrants mentioned missing it so I brought it back.

Any connations related to putting alame donkey HCs out of his misery is purely coincidental.

Ive used other avatars but the UBL headshot and the Spurrier are the ones I always go back to.

Donkey w a scarf is in the rotation if I cant afford the fee required to get Ox to make it a smiley.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, we dont talk about that fat, lazy fvkk again.

It is like Beetlejuice.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MIke Norvell is definitely a candidate to consider, but where is he on our list? Top 5?

I read a coaching search article that strongly suggested he'd be a good fit at Arkansas - he's from Arkansas and played at Central Arkansas.
I'm not sure if Arkansas is going to fire Bert, but if they do I'm sure Novell is near the top of their search list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator