Way to spend recruiting crunch time Butters!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's certainly a lot of things to complain about but I'm not sure this is one of them.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This happens quite often. The 04s came back to Gville to train in the offseason quite often.

If anything maybe having Grayson around for a short time would help the young guys (if he can actually be around them). I'm sure Mac wasn't with Grayson 100% of the time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anything that keeps Butters and Weekend at Nordies away from actual contact with recruits is helpful to the cause.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Anything that keeps Butters and Weekend at Nordies away from actual contact with recruits is helpful to the cause.

I dont think he is the main recruiting problem. He is responsible but not personally the problem.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This happens quite often. The 04s came back to Gville to train in the offseason quite often.

If anything maybe having Grayson around for a short time would help the young guys (if he can actually be around them). I'm sure Mac wasn't with Grayson 100% of the time.

Are current roster players not declaring for the draft allowed contact with coaches except the S&C coach after bowl game?

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I have a similar attitude, but we know we have his dead driftwood azz for 1-2 more years. We need to give the next man at least some wet-wipes to clean up the sh!t he is handed.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Are current roster players not declaring for the draft allowed contact with coaches except the S&C coach after bowl game?
I don't think so. But someone else might have better information. Still, kind of a silly rule in my opinion.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

IMO, it's good for the team even if the QB can't be around them. It sends the right signal. It also reflects well on the program.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Grayson needs to contact Driskel who had similar preseason numbers got cut but was then signed as the 3rd stringer for Cincy who has their 3rd QB active so you get the big check every week.

I don't think this hurts our Gators in any way however.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac owes it to this kid. Grayson made mac a very wealthy man.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
All I'm saying is that it is time away from what should be his number #1 priority. Even during dead period, staff should be reviewing tape, etc.

And if McElwain and staff were reviewing tape, you would be criticizing them for not already having reviewed enough tape to know who UF should offer long ago so they could be in on the right kids early, right?

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
And if McElwain and staff were reviewing tape, you would be criticizing them for not already having reviewed enough tape to know who UF should offer long ago so they could be in on the right kids early, right?
No doubt, I unequivocally think Butters is a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.