Way Too Early BB Top 25 for 2017

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, i doubt that. I love allen and he's a great college player but there's not too many 6'2" shooting guards in the nba.

Wouldn't mind him giving PG a shot, he's definitely got the handles for it, just not sure how his vision is. Regardless, I think he has the skills to make it even at SG.

We haven't had a player who could create his own shot like him in a while.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't mind him giving PG a shot, he's definitely got the handles for it, just not sure how his vision is. Regardless, I think he has the skills to make it even at SG.

We haven't had a player who could create his own shot like him in a while.
He's definitely a good shot creator and he's got alot of bounce too. He's fun to watch. He got a little better later in the season but he's still pretty uncomfortable handling the ball. I thought he actually improved on his court vision and passing abilities as the seasin went on. His best bet is hopefully he can improve his overall pg skills just enough to be a lead guard off the bench in the nba. A lou Williams type.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Funny ,I thought the negators were derailing every thread?

I just thought it should be pointed out that the acceptance level for transfers varies from coach to coach. Goes back to my point that it's not necessarily the transfer people are against.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jalen Hudson is a transfer? Is that a good thing or should we insist that White get it done with players he recruited? Not sure if that rule only applies to Mac?

White did take Barry last season. Now he has another transfer? I hear those one and done band aid rejects from other schools is a sure sign our coach sucks. It absolutely means he has no confidence in the players he already has. This doesn't bode well for our future. I know it's true because I heard it on GC.

This is really sad coming from you. You can't compare an 85 person roster with a 12-13 one.

Did you just post that trash above?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is really sad coming from you. You can't compare an 85 person roster with a 12-13 one.

It is apples to oranges but wouldn't a transfer have more of an impact on a smaller roster :dunno:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jalen Hudson is a transfer? Is that a good thing or should we insist that White get it done with players he recruited? Not sure if that rule only applies to Mac?

White did take Barry last season. Now he has another transfer? I hear those one and done band aid rejects from other schools is a sure sign our coach sucks. It absolutely means he has no confidence in the players he already has. This doesn't bode well for our future. I know it's true because I heard it on GC.

c4dc14b2b2c200447149dfe7c4d60387.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is apples to oranges but wouldn't a transfer have more of an impact on a smaller roster :dunno:

Seriously? The talent pool is much smaller in BB. Hell, it's not like FL is some recruiting hotbed in BB unlike football. Not to mention the size of the classes you can sign.

This is more apples to mashed potatoes.

smh

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously? The talent pool is much smaller in BB. Hell, it's not like FL is some recruiting hotbed in BB unlike football. Not to mention the size of the classes you can sign.

This is more apples to mashed potatoes.

smh

Lol my point still remains that a transfer on a bball roster has more of an impact than one on a football roster. Can you admit that or no?

There should be no issue with Mac going after Zaire, although I will agree that I wish he didn't have to and we had a solidified starter.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lol my point still remains that a transfer on a bball roster has more of an impact than one on a football roster. Can you admit that or no?

There should be no issue with Mac going after Zaire, although I will agree that I wish he didn't have to and we had a solidified starter.

There's only 12 spots in BB...of course it does.

Again...apples to chicken pot pie. Two totally different things. 2222's post was nonsensical.

Weak sauce.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There's only 12 spots in BB...of course it does.

Again...apples to chicken pot pie. Two totally different things. 2222's post was nonsensical.

Weak sauce.

I agree his post was dumb, I just think your argument was flawed as well. Oh well.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure this projection is realistic given the unanswered personnel questions:

- Is DRob gone?
- Is Allen back?
- Is Egbunu coming back?
- Is Hudson really a player or an underachiever?
- Will Hayes gain 20 pounds of muscle?
- Can Hester step up and be a good second point?
- Can anyone other than Allen and Stone consistently make an outside shot?

I could go on but you get the idea.
That's a lot of question marks for a team getting tons of love right now.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

I'll stand by it. If a football transfer is a band aid reject, then it stands that a transfer in basketball, baseball or any other sport is also a band aid reject. A transfer is someone that comes from a different team for a shorter term. People can't have it both ways.

Me personally, I don't care where they come from or how they got here. If the coach thinks we are better off with them then I am happy they are here.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'll stand by it. If a football transfer is a band aid reject, then it stands that a transfer in basketball, baseball or any other sport is also a band aid reject. A transfer is someone that comes from a different team for a shorter term. People can't have it both ways.

Me personally, I don't care where they come from or how they got here. If the coach thinks we are better off with them then I am happy they are here.

You're just so off here for a myriad of reasons. I don't feel like arguing tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

White did recruit Hudson..once he decided to transfer. Also Billy D took a few good transfers. Vernon Macklin and DFS come to mind.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
White did recruit Hudson..once he decided to transfer. Also Billy D took a few good transfers. Vernon Macklin and DFS come to mind.

You're taking my comment too seriously. It was satire based on some people claiming that every football transfer is a band aid reject and Mac is a horrible coach for taking them.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody know how many roster spots we will have? Heard about a recruit that really wants in, think we should do everything we can to get this guy...

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not sure this projection is realistic given the unanswered personnel questions:

- Is DRob gone?
- Is Allen back?
- Is Egbunu coming back?
- Is Hudson really a player or an underachiever?
- Will Hayes gain 20 pounds of muscle?
- Can Hester step up and be a good second point?
- Can anyone other than Allen and Stone consistently make an outside shot?

I could go on but you get the idea.

Everyone has questions this time of year. I am guessing this projection is based on the following rotation:

Guard: Chiozza, Allen, Hester
Forward: Robinson, Stone, Hudson
C: Egbunu, Hayes

I expect UF to be pretty good next fall, however, I expect UF's rotation to be more like:

Forward: Stone, Hayes, Hudson
C: Gak

Clearly with Hayes also backing up the center position.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone has questions this time of year. I am guessing this projection is based on the following rotation:

Forward: Robinson, Stone, Hudson
C: Egbunu, Hayes

I expect UF to be pretty good next fall, however, I expect UF's rotation to be more like:

Forward: Stone, Hayes, Hudson
C: Gak

Clearly with Hayes also backing up the center position.

I don't see Hayes at forward at all unless he really develops his handles and shot. He's an undersized center but makes up for it with his athleticism and quickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.