We are Florida

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If you want to feel better about our situation............just turn on Max E this morning and watch We Are Marshall. A well made sports movie about real life, real humanity and what is most important. Two fellas from my HS, both good athletes went to Marshall and came home after their fresh, year. Homesick, college too hard, whatever but they missed that plane by one year. The movie shows the ironies of how fleeting life is. Lake is experiencing that now with his brother. At the end of the day our lives and families are more important than a game. The boys on our team know that, too, but they also know they carry the weight of Gator on their shoulders. I will support them and the staff there until I die or they stop having gator football. I will never pile on with snarky comments or funny names or any of that sh#t cause I know dwags vols noles and azzzzholes will do plenty enough for all of us.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Ox , please delete all threads that have a negative slant about gator football. Everything is fine. There is no reason to care whether the Team plays well or not. Onlybtjreads that slob the gators knob are allowed
Thank you, coach

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
That damned movie will make you cry...........They lost their whole team and staff and still didnt give up.........Of course Mathew M. makes a damned good movie coach..........

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I admire PE's loyalty and the fact that he won't criticize the team. If that works for him, that's great. What I don't care for is the implication that criticizing the team somehow says you aren't a real fan or have abandoned them somehow. Throwing out "in all kinds of weather" is particularly insulting.

Guess what: Despite the unacceptable garbage we've had to put up with for 7 years now, WE'RE STILL HERE.

No one has bolted to root for another team. Hell, daily members on message boards like this are the most loyal fans there is. If we didn't care so damn much, we wouldn't be here.

Let fans be fans.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Screw that positivity man. Yesterday felt like I was watching a Jaguars game for how inept it was and how we don't make adjustments whatsoever.

We have a crappy coachs son who thinks hes a gun slinger. We got "offensive guru" mac who can't even make half time adjustments. Us fans are starting to realize the picture that mac won't get us to a championship level and it hurts us that we will essientially be wasting the next 1.5 years with bad recruiting and trying to sell us hope. Mac better hope Franks or Trask is good or he's good as toast bro

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes all is well and to tell the truth I don't even miss that semi euphoric feeling that I used to get on Sunday mornings in the fall and I'll save the 2 hours I used to spend watching the replay so I can start off my household duties earlier and be a more productive person.....my life is better all ready ......thanks Coach Mac FOR REMOVING A COMPLETE PART OF MY LIFE.....Oh and while I'm at it I should also thank Fooley for replacing it with women's softball and soccer...What would I ever do without them....:suicide:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
What a strange OP line. When we're delving into the lessons of old movies hoping for hope, it's a good sign that we're fvked as long as this staff is allowed to remain.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im gonna post one more time and then let it go.........My life is pretty damned good. I called my brother awhile ago cause I need his help with electrical stuff. He was busy with his son's car and sh#T. He called me back 30 minutes later and said he will be here by 11. I have a job that gives ME ENORMOUS satisfaction and joy cause I see it in the faces of dozens of kids each day. I have a school and favorite team I have followed since SOS put on the uniform. Ive seen em suck and Ive seen em kick ass to championships. Things come in cycles. Took me to about 55 to learn it but I know it now. I hated what I saw yesterday on offense. Hate it. But I just aint gonna ****nnn pile on. Dont make me a better fan or worse fan. I think it just shows I know sh#T happens and sometimes the sun shines on other programs. I love the give and take of this forum. Ox done good getting it together. WE will all just agree to disagree and maybe I need to step back awhile and let this anger flow..............go gators...........

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Im gonna post one more time and then let it go.........My life is pretty damned good. I called my brother awhile ago cause I need his help with electrical stuff. He was busy with his son's car and sh#T. He called me back 30 minutes later and said he will be here by 11. I have a job that gives ME ENORMOUS satisfaction and joy cause I see it in the faces of dozens of kids each day. I have a school and favorite team I have followed since SOS put on the uniform. Ive seen em suck and Ive seen em kick ass to championships. Things come in cycles. Took me to about 55 to learn it but I know it now. I hated what I saw yesterday on offense. Hate it. But I just aint gonna ****nnn pile on. Dont make me a better fan or worse fan. I think it just shows I know sh#T happens and sometimes the sun shines on other programs. I love the give and take of this forum. Ox done good getting it together. WE will all just agree to disagree and maybe I need to step back awhile and let this anger flow..............go gators...........

I get it stephen. I have felt the same way, and really hadn't posted much of anything negative. Yesterday I just snapped, and I'm not sorry I did.

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I admire PE's loyalty and the fact that he won't criticize the team. If that works for him, that's great. What I don't care for is the implication that criticizing the team somehow says you aren't a real fan or have abandoned them somehow. Throwing out "in all kinds of weather" is particularly insulting.

Guess what: Despite the unacceptable garbage we've had to put up with for 7 years now, WE'RE STILL HERE.

No one has bolted to root for another team. Hell, daily members on message boards like this are the most loyal fans there is. If we didn't care so damn much, we wouldn't be here.

Let fans be fans.

This! I will root for the Gators till my dying breath, and God willing so will my children. But I won't always be happy with the product they put on the field. I don't complain about every loss, because there will always be losses. But when a team plays the way the Gators did yesterday they deserve everything that's been said here. This loss is on the coaches and the players. Beatdowns like that happen because a team stops fighting. The only reason the score wasn't even worse is because the defense has so much talent they slowed down the other team in spite of themselves.

Unacceptable.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is a Gator message board where we discuss football things. Why the heck are we talking about the Marshall plane crash?

Of course family/friends and life etc are more important, but maybe you should go to a different type of message board if you can't handle honest talk about our flailing team. IT'S A SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD. Smh

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Cmon pe. Nobody turns on Cinemax until atleast midnight.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This! I will root for the Gators till my dying breath, and God willing so will my children. But I won't always be happy with the product they put on the field. I don't complain about every loss, because there will always be losses. But when a team plays the way the Gators did yesterday they deserve everything that's been said here. This loss is on the coaches and the players. Beatdowns like that happen because a team stops fighting. The only reason the score wasn't even worse is because the defense has so much talent they slowed down the other team in spite of themselves.

Unacceptable.
I agree except, It's not on the players. They play within the limits of the God given talents they are given. However, they play only within a plan and the motivation that is instilled on them by the coaches. Unless they are bad actors I'm proud of every one of the players.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb