Can’t stop the run against decent OL

Heck of a punter if he doesn’t get ejected

Does that sum it up

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More game tape is out on this team and everyone has seen what Franks can do and what we do on defense, quick passes kill us and we have no QB.

This. No more surprises with this team. There's plenty of film to exploit our weaknesses, and they are now glaring.

We've known for 2.5 years that our defense wouldn't be very good. Today's game shouldn't be surprising, except Franks seems to have regressed. I didn't get to watch the game until Trask went in, but statistically Franks was awful, and I assume he was playing poorly since they pulled him. But other than LSU, he hasn't played well the last few games.

Since Trask outplayed him today, I have no problem with Trask starting next week.

As far as coaching is concerned, this is a pretty bad loss. We should never get blown out by Mizzou, and yet not much changed from last year against them.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
If we're freaking lucky. And we never see Franks again.

This late in the season there’s no reason not to make a QB change and see what they could do. But if we lose one of the final 3 it will be because of our defense. Particularly the defensive backfield. SC’s QB is putting up points now and Blackmon threw for 421 yds and 4 td’s today. We have to tighten up.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While Franks needs to sit, you actually watch teams score on us basically at will and think the QB is the problem?

He certainly doesn’t do the defense any favors missing open receivers that could extend drives...at least keep them off the field for more than 50 seconds and flip field position

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He certainly doesn’t do the defense any favors missing open receivers that could extend drives...at least keep them off the field for more than 50 seconds and flip field position
Our defense is shyt even when not winded. We are playing 2 stars in the secondary and don't have one complete linebacker if you could take the bits of all of them and wrap them up into one player.

And we are 40ish pounds underweight at every DL position.

It is what it is.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Before the season began I thought we had weaknesses due to poor coaching and lack of recruiting. I thought we would win 7-8 games.

We are who I thought we were.

This game showed that we are just a middle of the road SEC team that had higher expectations due to beating LSU.

The players looked disinterested, like they had nothing to play for. The coaches called a pretty bad game.

I still think Mullen has us going in the right direction, but whenever a new staff comes on board you need to get rid of some of the bad attitudes and bad players and replace them with recruiting top talent. I hope he can do that.

Until then, we are who I thought we were.

Reality has set in, and it’s disappointing after our 6-1 start. Just want to beat FSU, after today, it’s hard to feel confident against anyone.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense is shyt even when not winded. We are playing 2 stars in the secondary and don't have one complete linebacker if you could take the bits of all of them and wrap them up into one player.

And we are 40ish pounds underweight at every DL position.

It is what it is.

I don’t disagree and even more reason we need to keep them off the field. It really is amazing we got this far before being exposed this badly

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t disagree and even more reason we need to keep them off the field. It really is amazing we got this far before being exposed this badly
Game film doesnt lie. These guys get paid millions to watch it. You can only hide it for so long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s just a talent issue, remember?
It is, mostly.

Stiner and Taylor, Reese and Joseph aren't any more talented this week than last. Franks and Trash, aren't spread option Qbs (or QBs). It is what it is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Qb sucks
OL can’t block
Receivers can’t run routes, or can they

DL no pass rush
LB, heck no one can cover
Can’t stop the run against decent OL

Heck of a punter if he doesn’t get ejected

Does that sum it up
Zero pass rush against a a solid QB coupled with LBs that can’t tackle or cover anyone means you get your ass beat. Add in an OL that can’t run or pass block and you get what you got today. Franks is the least of our worries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've been exposed pretty badly by UK, Vandy for a while, and Ugly. How many points have we scored average in SEC games? 14?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Lot of dropped balls in early play made some of our cover guys look much better than they were.

Watching other games with, cough, offenses, the thing that strikes me most is speed of execution. When wr and rb get the ball, they are gone. No dancing or indecision. Our plays seem to develop much slower. I don’t know if it is Franks or just the offense itself.

Clearly we also need another year of intense SnC because we still keep getting whupped one on one

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.