We got Egor!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Meh.

C-USA must be big time now.

Well last year UF signed a graduate transfer from the College of Charleston of the Colonial Conference. His average production his last year at CofC compared to his year at UF were:

Barry CofC: 31.9 min, 19.7 Pts, 3.6 Rebs, 1.3 Assists, 2.4 TOs
Barry UF: 21.3 min, 11.4 Pts, 2.8 Rebs, 0.6 Assists, 0.9 TOs
UF/CofC: min 66.8%, Pts 57.9%, Rebs 77.8%, Assists 46.2%, TOs 37.5%

This year it seems that UF is getting another Grad transfer this time from C-USA:

Koulechov Rice: 34.3 min, 18.1 Pts, 8.9 Rebs, 2.1 Assists, 2.0 TOs

If Egor Koulechov drops in each category by the same percentage as Barry his numbers next year at UF would be:

Koulechov UF(Projected): 22.9 mins, 10.5 Pts, 6.9 Rebs, 1.0 Assist, 0.75 TOs.

I don't know about you, but I would take that in a second for next year.

That is mechancal and I suspect that Koulechov might get a few more minutes than Barry, might not have as much a drop off in points, but might have a slightly bigger drop off in rebounding. I would be thrilled if his TOs were that low, but I suspect that might be an under estimate too. Still I am very happy to get him.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The Trump/Russian connection is paying off for the gators.................Is his name really Egor?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
classical-igor.jpg

Meh... I never thought of Igor as much of a basketball player.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Egor will make the 4 other guys better players ... they'll have to catch his more serious passes. He'll make them recognize and move into better position faster. This will all be from his own ever-improving experience, his age, the drive-way he scores that high average/game.
He has the on-court fire our youngsters hold back on. I am excitedly anticipating which players will be transformed? We should have him for 2 years, right? He's probably got a serious major that UF is a great fit for.

Hope he doesn't speak like those movie Russians: "I go left. He block path. I go right."

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Egor will make the 4 other guys better players ... they'll have to catch his more serious passes. He'll make them recognize and move into better position faster. This will all be from his own ever-improving experience, his age, the drive-way he scores that high average/game.
He has the on-court fire our youngsters hold back on. I am excitedly anticipating which players will be transformed? We should have him for 2 years, right? He's probably got a serious major that UF is a great fit for.

Hope he doesn't speak like those movie Russians: "I go left. He block path. I go right."

Well:

1. No Koulechov only has one year of eligibility left. It is Cameron Johnson who has two years left.

2. Certainly one of the things Barry brought to UF was using the rim to ward off a shot blocker. I notice his teammates started doing more reverse layup when they saw Barry's success with them.

3. I do not know which graduate program he was admitted to, but with a Rice degree he should be ok at UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent corrective info, Insti.
Such that now I am now wishing we get that Cameron transfer too two.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Rice beat writer talks to Rivals reporter about Koulechov:

rivals writer Landon Watnick said:
On Tuesday night, the Florida men's basketball team added a big piece to the puzzle for the 2017-18 campaign when Rice graduate transfer Egor Koulechov announced that he has committed to playing his final season for the Gators.

In the addition of Koulechov, Florida addressed its depth on the wing after losing Devin Robinson to the draft and Canyon Barry to graduation, while adding a player who could potentially compete for a starting role next season.

To gather some more information about Koulechov, Inside the Gators spoke with Rice beat writer Adam Coleman of the Houston Chronicle, who shared insight about the 6-foot-5, 210-pound wing.

What type of impact has Koulechov made for Rice over the past few seasons, and what was his role? How would you describe his skill set?

Coleman: Egor’s impact was immense at Rice. He was a huge reason this team had its best season in 13 years. He and another transfer in Marcus Evans were first-team all-C-USA selections – the first time Rice had two first team all-conference picks since 1954. Versatile player that even acted as a stretch four in Rice’s system, which was predicated on scoring fast and scoring often with the overall lack of size. Second on the team in scoring at 18.2 points per game and one of the best 3-point shooters in the conference at 47 percent from beyond the arc. Was an absolute steal for Rice as a transfer from Arizona State.

Hit the link for the rest:

https://florida.rivals.com/news/q-a-rice-beat-writer-provides-insight-about-koulechov

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Guess we can't get greedy lol

Especially since we don't even have a spot for him at the moment. If he really wants to play for UF, he'll need to be patient and wait on Egbunu's decision or another potential transfer. But at this point, the kid's gotta move on and look elsewhere, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.