We have a new member commit

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
He touched me first! :lol:

Just learning how this board operates. Looked like Donkey's dislikes were allowed. I'm not the first to get them from him in volume. The dislikes Donkey did on me were not personal attacks on him. Bullies normally do to you what they do not like.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just learning how this board operates. Looked like Donkey's dislikes were allowed. I'm not the first to get them from him in volume. The dislikes Donkey did on me were not personal attacks on him. Bullies normally do to you what they do not like.
He openly asks for them. Hell, he’d bathe in dislikes if he could. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox
No problem. Did not realize that was your policy . Looked liked that and name calling are condoned on this board. Donkey did dislikes on me first and others said he had done it to them. Looked as though you condoned it. Bullies do not like a return of their own medicine.

What is your policy on name calling and personal attacks? If someone does a personal attack on you are you not allowed to put a dislike on it? That is what I did on 78s attacks.
That depends on the popularity of the poster. Since you recently joined and are almost universally disliked, I let nature take its course.

This board is a dictatorship, so no one should ever demand things be "fair", because they often aren't.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong.Call him. 78 is afraid to.
And what will that prove? You’ll just answer the phone, and when asked if you are the same jhbyrd, you’ll deny it. The fact that you keep pushing anyone who mentions it to “call him” is just more proof.

Dude - it’s 100% you. I don’t understand, now that the “gigantic cat is out of the bag”, why you refuse to just admit it. There are others (myself included) who have had their pictures and names posted here - nobody is going to stalk you or anything.

But, if you are just bound and determined to continue to claim that you aren’t the same cat-loving professor, then you and you alone can prove it, by posting your “real” picture, or a linkedin profile, or something that shows that “jhbyrd” is some other Gainesville resident and gator fan than the inimitable professor with the exact same email address.

Until you prove otherwise, all of the evidence clearly points to you own (or once owned) a 50 lb cat.

Your move.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey sees dislikes as a badge of honor and therefore gives them out as such.

Didn’t your parents teach you that they pick on you because they like you?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That depends on the popularity of the poster. Since you recently joined and are almost universally disliked, I let nature take its course.
I like Byrd. He’s a good dude.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

This board is a dictatorship, so no one should ever demand things be "fair", because they often aren't.
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming . Is this board run by people who got kicked off of other boards?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Byrd, just remember that all the boards are dictatorships, including your beloved Swamp Gas. That's how they justify permanently banning anyone who doesn't toe the company line on the football team. While I think some of your takes are just blind and maddening homerism, I don't mind you being here and I don't mind you giving it back to those who mock you - in fact, I encourage it. Most of those who dish it out have no problem taking it. I just think the tactic of going through the posts of someone you don't like and hitting the "dislike" button is too juvenile even for this board - it is not allowed and I have nailed others on doing it.

At any rate, despite your implied distaste for how this board is run, you mentioned you are spending a lot more time over here than that other sewer. There's a reason for that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What would a newcomer think after reading this thread?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I don't mind you giving it back to those who mock you - in fact, I encourage it. Most of those who dish it out have no problem taking it.

Byrd - heed this. Taking punches is required, giving punches is encouraged. I'm not criticizing that philosophy, but simply supporting Ox's statement as the nature of this site.

At any rate, despite your implied distaste for how this board is run, you mentioned you are spending a lot more time over here than that other sewer. There's a reason for that.

As someone who has shown plenty of distaste for this site, I'm also still here...a lot. Ox is right again. (I hate when he's right, much less 'again').

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As someone who has shown plenty of distaste for this site, I'm also still here...a lot. Ox is right again. (I hate when he's right, much less 'again').
And I'm glad you're here and on your game. I've always liked the revolving Peanuts avatars that correspond to your mood.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Byrd, just remember that all the boards are dictatorships, including your beloved Swamp Gas. That's how they justify permanently banning anyone who doesn't toe the company line on the football team. While I think some of your takes are just blind and maddening homerism, I don't mind you being here and I don't mind you giving it back to those who mock you - in fact, I encourage it. Most of those who dish it out have no problem taking it. I just think the tactic of going through the posts of someone you don't like and hitting the "dislike" button is too juvenile even for this board - it is not allowed and I have nailed others on doing it.
Ox
I adapt to Swamp Gas rules as I adapt to yours.
What you just said is different from the published rules I believe I thought were this site's.

Again the dislike game is Donkey's and I just returned the favor. So you are OK with me putting dislikes on 78 or Donkey name calling posts? Their informational posts and civil posts are appreciated.

I am not a blind Homer. I try to be accurate. If they can back up their claims I will gladly accept them. They often cannot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb