We knew it was over when...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Chimp, I knew it was over when, early in 2012, he lashed out at reporters who asked about his bad offense and responded with words to the effect of this is how you win football games. The fans don't know how to win. It was obvious by then he had zero clues about offense. Runner up: defending the offense and Jeff Driskel in particular, rather than maybe saying it's a work in progress or whatever, by saying he is 11-2. Honorable mention: claiming that what he learned about going 4-8 was not to lose your starting QB.

With Butters, the think that REALLY sticks with me is Franks stating that Butters taught him to be careful and just allow the defense to give you the game. Just take what the defense gives you, straight up 1950s Big Ten ball. Any doubts about what a dud we hired were gone.

Can you even imagine SOS just running the clock out and hoping the opposing defense would mess up and give him a chance to win the game? Right.

When did you know it was over with Chimp and/or Butters?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I knew when you told me......all million times memorialized on this board.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After the miami game i just knew muschamp was a loser.I really tried to be onboard with mac from the jump even though my gut told me he wasn't the right fit here. After ignoring the defensive tackle and linebacker position his first 2 classes and sticking with treon through thick and thin i was pretty skeptical. But I was officially off the mac train the north texas game. No good offensive minded coach should struggle to score points against umass and north texas. But seeing how awful del rio was and thinking about how we ran grier off for that guy. That game i realized he definitely wasn't the guy.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
With Chimp, I knew it was over when, early in 2012, he lashed out at reporters who asked about his bad offense and responded with words to the effect of this is how you win football games. The fans don't know how to win. It was obvious by then he had zero clues about offense. Runner up: defending the offense and Jeff Driskel in particular, rather than maybe saying it's a work in progress or whatever, by saying he is 11-2. Honorable mention: claiming that what he learned about going 4-8 was not to lose your starting QB.

With Butters, the think that REALLY sticks with me is Franks stating that Butters taught him to be careful and just allow the defense to give you the game. Just take what the defense gives you, straight up 1950s Big Ten ball. Any doubts about what a dud we hired were gone.

Can you even imagine SOS just running the clock out and hoping the opposing defense would mess up and give him a chance to win the game? Right.

When did you know it was over with Chimp and/or Butters?
The 1st red flag for Mac was he was 22-16 at a mid major school that alone should have never have gotten him a look at UF, 2nd red red flag was he never even won his divsion at said school, 3rd red flag he hired a proven loser as his OC, 4th red flag was his recruiting abilities are awful, 5th his decision making when it came down to the Qb position he should have gave one of the freshman the reins when LDR went down but he was to worried about winning a few more games to pad his stats and look better instead of getting playing time to the future of the team, 5th red flag is his inability to get rid of the awful OC he hired after B2B years of digression. When you have a coach he should never have red flags to begin with little long 5. Butters will do whatever it takes to win just enough games to cover up the glaring holes to buy himself another year. I just hope the AD sees through it after this season and tells him year 4 is Sec Champs and a top 5 class or your gone.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Knew it was over for Muschamp when the Sugar Bowl was a blow out to a 1 player Louisville team, proved the entire season was just luck.

For Mac, it's probably getting blown out regularly.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Now I'm not totally done with Mac yet, but the game that really has made me question him was the Arkansas game last yr. Mainly because he chose to play an injured Del Rio the WHOLE game and not give Appleby or whoever a chance. Spurrier would've at least tried someone different to see if he could generate a spark. But Mac didn't, and I don't think there's any excuse for it, plus the fact that Arky had one of the worst run defenses in the SEC and we chose to throw the ball all day with an INJURED QB!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
For me it's been a # of things: the team looking unprepared, flat and the staff not making adjustments at the half, the staff hires have been average overall, trotting treon out there and forcing him to drop back and refusing to change things to suit him, the whole Grier Saga, keeping Summers, Nord and Nuss, the Macisms are awful, the QB recruiting and lack of recruiting ability of Mac and Co, Not scoring a td vs FSU 2 years in a row, being behind WM in ANY OFFENSIVE CATEGORY and him never winning anything at csu

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Miami 2013. There were a number of boneheaded decisions in that one. Going for two in Q1 when an XP ties it up. Starting Matt Jones on a hot south Florida noon game when he hadn't played, or been available in camp due to Mono. He would go on to fumble on the opening series. Of course that would only be the starting point of the worst season we've had in ages. An embarrassing homecoming blowout loss to Vandy, dreadful showing in Jacksonville, and of course losing to a team that didn't complete a single pass.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
jimmy-v-dont-ever-give-up-quote-11.jpeg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I knew it was probably not going to end well for Muschamp when he kept putting Driskel out there no matter how he played. 2012 was the worst 1 loss regular season I ever remember due to that offense. The RB was about the only bright spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator